It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream of Flying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It has been 2 years since I have had a dream where I could fly. The concept of flying in the dreams seems to make sense in the dream. In the real world, I cannot figure out how it could make sense. Funny how dreams are like that.
Anyhow, here is how this dream panned out.

It was some sort of big Holiday Celebration of some sort. There were decorations and festivities. I was involved in one where a group of guys and I were competing to see who could break off all the spindles on this rotating wheel. Mind you, I am a strong individual, but in the dream I was not strong. I was weak and could not break these spindles. As soon as I had gotten frustrated I broke the spindless quite quickly.

After that, I felt at peace inside, a warm feeling in my chest. I was extremely relaxed and at peace. Everyone was congradulating me on my effort and whatnot. I then said "Watch this!" and I concentrated on the feeling inside. I jumped slightly into the air and felt like I pushed on some invisible force and I was floating. I could make myself fly.

I seemed to do this at will. The feeling inside grew stronger and stronger.
Have you ever been speeding and you see a cop? That feeling is the feeling I felt in the dream. Somehow I used it to make myself float, and then fly. I was floating and flying all over the place. It was fun and amazing. It almost seemed as though this was a "flight or fight" response.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You remind me of Tinkle Bell actually... I'd say it has something to do with a bruised ego, over active ego, or wanting to be noticed by some particular classification of people.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I've had only one flying dream. I was stood on my old school playing fields, the place was deserted, no people,no birds in the trees, no cars on the roads, and for some reason I knew I was dreaming and if I wanted to fly I could. So I ran, jumped, and flew over and around the school and playing fields. Everytime I landed I told myself it was a dream and took off again. I've no idea what your flying dream represents though.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have no idea what flying in a dream may be interpreted as but I always enjoy those dreams when I have them.

Often during the flight I will be just above people I know at a party or gathering of some kind and they're trying to touch me, their fingers just skim me but they can never grab or pull me back to earth. I LOVE IT !!

They say things like "Look at Linda", Hey, where are you going", " How do you do that ?"

I have always been a very prolifict dreamer and always recall the details next day...always extremely colourful dreams.

I actually wake up tired...like I have been watching a movie all night

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure as to what the meaning of your dream is, but I seen the thread and wanted to post a dream of my own. It's a little weird. It first starts out as a 'flying' dream, then eventually leads to a falling dream.

At the time of this dream I was pretty confused about life in general. I often wanted to go into the woods, (Forest) lie down and sleep, never awakening again. It was a pretty stressful period in my life, as well as now. Only if I could tell why that is, I would have some peace of mind.

Just a quick not, I don't recolect every detail of the dream, but i'll try and be as accurate as possible.
Anyhow, my dream starts out at my old Highschool. I was sitting in the library as my cousin walks in, I was schocked to see him there. He walked up to me and said,"What the hell you doing here? Perv". (We called eachother perverts for the hell of it. My cousin died about 2 years ago, so that's why I was shocked in my dread.) I stared at him for a little while, weirded out. I looked around the library, noticing everyone was looking in our direction and pointing at us. They had nothing but blank stares, not a single movement. People I knew, people I didn't, old Friends who turned out not to be my friends, some chick I liked, and a few teachers. I began to feel scared, my cousin was still staring at me. My reply was, "I'm not sure, what are you doing here?" He smiled at me and said,"C'mon, lets go." So I stood up and looked around the library once again, everyone was sitting down, doing school work, talking, the whole HighSchool scene. My cousin and I walked outside the hall, noone was around, I looked back through the glass window, noone there either, just backpacks and chairs knocked on the floor, same for the hallway. "I have to go to my locker real quick!" I followed him, he got something, not sure what it was, don't recall. We got outside of the school, he walked away from me, not coming back. I couldn't move, I could just stare as he walked away in the distance. The cold wind was blowing, but the sun was high in the sky, it was early spring, the snow was melting slowly on the ground. Suddenly I felt warm at heart, I began to smile softly; the breeze lightly blowing, a few birds chirping and a dog barking in the distance. I was glad, to atleast see my cousin, he meant alot to me. I dropped my backpack and took of my black hoody sweater.... I began to feel light, and I had that first day of school feeling in my stomach. For some reason I wanted to cry my mind away. And if you have ever seen DragonBall or DragonBall Z, that is how I lifted off the ground. I dindn't slowly lift, I blasted into the air. I cam to a complete halt in mid air, I wasn't really scared at first, until I reached total darkness. Everything was dark, not one light. After which seemed like forever, I started to "swim" my way back down, closer to the ground. Just then I decided to move around, and it worked. I was slowly flying aorund like neo at first, But then I gained more confidence and started to zip around. I couldn't stop smiling and giggiling while doing this. When suddenly I started to feel #ty again. I wanted to cry again. And all this time, in my dream I didn't think it was a dream, it was just stupid. As I began to cry, the frist tear drop left my cheek, and I fell with it. I was falling slow, then fast, then slow then fast, it did that for some time, at times I seemed to lift back up, but ultimatley I was falling. I was gaining speed, I could see my house, the school and the trading post. And for some odd reason in mid-air I licked my arm :|. Haha. I caught my tear and held it like it was a solid object, and earing, or perhaps a small diamond. The ground was soon approaching, I didn't want to close my eyes, I wanted to see the impact. Okay, now usually when people have dreams, they wake up right before the second they hit. I hit hard! I didn't die or splat, I just hit. Continued--

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I hit hard, I didn't die, or didn't splat as a human being would, I just hit. With great impact I bounced up about 3 feet and hit again. Dust flew in front and around me, I was knocked out of wind. I couldn't breathe, It began to hurt. As I was fighting to breathe, I noticed I lost the object in my hand. I was looking for it around me, but I didn't want to move. I ragained wind, and slowly crawled forward. Suddenly my old friend Mac walked up to me and laughed a little and asked me if I needed help. I shrugged, he helped me anyway. He said "I found this", it was a notebook. I told him to give it to me, and that I lost it when I hit. (For some odd reason the tear or whatever I was looking for and once had became a notebook) He handed it to me, but he said in only one condition. I nodded, he wanted me to buy him a pop. Heheh. We were suddenly back in school, people everywhere. I bought him his pop, the bell rang. He said,"I gotta get back to class, it's a 2 hour slot". I nodded, holding the notebook loosley in my hands. He walked away into the crowd. I went back to the library in the same spot I was sitting in. I sat there and opened this notebook, nothing was written in it, although it looked like it had been around forever. I didn't care, I wanted it. I put my head down on the table and stared at the clock, the numbers were totally backward, but in my dream I knew what time it was, but I don't remember now.. heh
. A song was playing in the backround of everything, Wake Up by Mad Season, hence my screen name. The song was repeating "Wake up young man, it's time to wake up, wake up, wake up....Wake up, wake up, wake up, Ohhhh Yeah! Wake up young man, it's time to wake up! Your love affari has got to go yeah.. For ten long years, for ten long years, the leaves to rake up...Slow suicide is no way to go...Ohhh. Slow suicide is no way to go...Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" All of the ending of the song..

I finally woke up, Covered in sweat and tears in my pillow. I was conjested, because of crying I guess. My roommate was lying there reading his book, "Bad dream huh?" I looked at him and shook my head.."Nah, it was good." He was still reading,"Oh" he said.. "Try not to think too much into it". This kid was pretty intelligent. I said okay, left, and couldn't think about anything but this dream.. It tourmented me for days, weeks, and months. I hadn't thought too much about it until the other night.. I woke up scared, afraid to go back to bed I just stared with my eyes open. I thought I felt a presence in my house, I live alone so it was pretty creepy. And it still is, i'm still somewhat afraid to sleep. I've been diagnosed with insomnia for sometime now. Even then I got more sleep, this sucks. It would be pretty sweet to get some opinions and or advice on all of this. This has been recurring quite recently, I want it to subside.

Sorry to whoever posted this thread, I didn't mean to take over with an overlylong post. Thanks in advanced to whoever reads this post, and to actually replys. I don't really expect anyone to though. Thanks in general. MadSeason313

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I've had many many dreams where I can fly. It usually start out as a regular dream where I don't realize that "it's just a dream", then I actually think to myself "I'm dreaming, I can do whatever I want to", and then do what I always do when I realize that I have complete control..I begin flying. Sometimes flight is difficult, and I just kind of float around with little altitude and no speed to the flight. Other times I can zip around and fly over houses and move up and down in altitude with ease. Since I'm into comic books, mainly Iron Man comic books, I sometimes try and fire "Repulsor Rays" when I'm aware that I have complete control over my dreams. However, I have yet to actually fire a Repulsor Ray in my dream. Flight is the only thing I can achieve at this point.

top topics

join