It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at what Greenpeace is doing to the youth of the world!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This reminds me of the White Supremists girl singers.

You feed kids enough BS they are going to believe it.

Global Warming is simply anti-corporation, and anti-capitalist propaganda.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is no different than any other cult. They push their views, and twist their message to better built harden followers. At that age most kids are looking for something to believe in, something to be a part of. Well to be honest most people no matter the age are looking for somthing bigger than themselves to be a part of.

To parade this baby lamb in front of us though shows a certain lack of class that I have become accustomed too from them.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Greenpeace In Our Time

I just wanted to remind my fellow members to try to avoid name-calling in the discussion.

We can agree to disagree politely.

As for the video, the rhetoric was strong enough (no fish left in the sea?!?) that I suspected a parody.

However, it is apparently genuine:

Angry kid: We're not talking about THE future. It's MY future.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It reminds me of the bumper sticker from the 90's that said: Mommy what were trees like?

Children are always used in advertising, it plays off of peopel's emotions. Is that not what great advertising is supposed to do?

Whatever the case there will be plenty of farm raised salmon and shrimp for everyone...

Obviously no one has told him about mercury levels in fresh caught seafood.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How can this video have been taken so far out of context as to ignore the message this guy has?

Although reading from script, he appears both articulate and intelligent, he at such a young age, understands far more than those that choose to live in denial.

His passion comes from understanding the magnitude of the issues humankindand and this place we call home face.

If your greatest concern is the gender, age and sexuality of this guy then you are blinded by the ignorance you deny day in day out.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Koka]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The only problem is that his "message" is absurd.

If it were up to "Mother Gaia" we would have been extinct a long time ago.

Thank god we have had the intelligence to survive this long, if some of her is damaged along the way...so be it.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Other than using Bush`s statement "Your with us or against us"(threats) I think He`s spot on.Because the problems the world is facing is extremely serious.

But if he believes he and other younger people will go to war on older folk or anyone who continues to live as we do today? then I think he still has a lot of growing up to do.

As far as the gender issue goes,it was ridiculous to even bring it up for discussion.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Good on Greenpeace. I hope the video captures the attention of other young people to the wanton destruction of our planet.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Although reading from script, he appears both articulate and intelligent, he at such a young age, understands far more than those that choose to live in denial.

His passion comes understanding the magnitude of the issues humankindand and this place we call home face.

I do not mind the message that is why I said from the get go that educate them yes but brainwashing like it appears to be since it was scripted as most agree means they are getting out of hand. I for one do not like to see and child get brain washed. Educate them about the problems,, yes by all means but when they react like he does that is uncalled for just read the comments on the video they speak volumes alone as to how people feel

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I do not mind the message that is why I said from the get go that educate them yes but brainwashing like it appears to be since it was scripted as most agree means they are getting out of hand.

But we dont know that shots

He may have scripted it himself.How do we know this was scripted totally by Greenpeace?

We dont,it could very easily be just a young guy having his rebellious say on the matter.No?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
But we dont know that shots

I realize that and that is the exact reason I stated it the way I did. as it stands most of the comments section believe Greenpeace put it up to him, it was linked directly to greenpeace.orgs website, next to the authors name.

I am not overly fond of the way Greenpeace does things nor am I fond of PETA and other activists groups either for that matter. What I am against however is when they try and brainwash children.

Just look at Peta's stupid drink beer adds that alone says volumes about them. Any sane person knows you do not tell children it is better too drink beer then milk and PETA dropped that series of adds real fast when MAD threatened lawsuits.

Everyone knows Greenpeace is nothing but wackos just look at what they did when trying to stop a whaling ship that was legally fishing they jumped in the water and almost got killed. Not something I would do for sure and I doubt you would either. And this is not the first time they have done it, they also did it to the Makah Indians who had a valid permit, in Washington State only in that case the coast guard arrested their butts as they should have.

Again I am not against making children awere of the problem; what I do object to is many of their tactics.

[edit on 2/24/2007 by shots]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I do not mind the message that is why I said from the get go that educate them yes but brainwashing like it appears to be since it was scripted as most agree means they are getting out of hand. I for one do not like to see and child get brain washed. Educate them about the problems,, yes by all means but when they react like he does that is uncalled for just read the comments on the video they speak volumes alone as to how people feel

Even if those words were not his own, at what age should he be capable of agreeing with them. Why is it so shocking to believe that this guy has not been able to form opinions of his own.

Brainwashed would only be those that disagree with his point.

Do you really believe he is actually going to come round and duff you up because you're old or disagree with him?

The idea of this video is to get people to talk and maybe even think, possibly take action.

I am still puzzled as to why this kids gender and sexuality are brought into queston.

What relevance does it have not just to this thread but to any thread?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
The exact "Cause" of the phenomenon may be debated; but the cause(s) are, at this point, irrelevant to the action we must take. If we continue to foolishly waste our time debating the "cause" of GCC, as "grown-ups" are given to do when faced with problems, then we risk the fate of our offspring.

Anyone with a scientific background knows that prescribing a remedy for a perceived problem without first knowing its cause could make the problem worse; or cause unecessary problems elsewhere.

If you want to talk about the deliterious polluting effect of using petroleum products for energy that's a legitimate and meaningful argument. Attempting to attribute the cause of GW or GCC to the use of petroleum products is disengenuous and meaningless rhetoric.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum

If you want to talk about the deliterious polluting effect of using petroleum products for energy that's a legitimate and meaningful argument. Attempting to attribute the cause of GW or GCC to the use of petroleum products is disengenuous and meaningless rhetoric.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Freedom_for_sum]

I have voted Freedom_for_sum for the Way Above Top Secret award.

I have often wondered why the majority seem to overlook or think that the pollution caused from using petroleum products is not bad enough and have to mix up the global warming issue with their arguments. I see the two as separate and while we can do something about the pollution, we cannot be sure we will stop global warming. Perhaps we would be better off planning on a climate change and what we can do to survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join