It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The book of Revelation, while written in apocalyptic language and imagery, is seen by most biblical expositors as a commentary on the Roman Empire, its domination of the world, and its persecution of the church. In Revelation 13, a "beast" and its power is described. Eugene Peterson's The Message puts it in vivid language: "The whole earth was agog, gaping at the Beast. They worshiped the Dragon who gave the Beast authority, and they worshiped the Beast, exclaiming: 'There's never been anything like the Beast! No one would dare to go to war with the Beast!' It held absolute sway over all tribes and peoples, tongues, and races." But the vision of John of Patmos also foresaw the defeat of the Beast. In Revelation 19, a white horse, with a rider whose "name is called The Word of God" and "King of kings and Lord of lords," captures the beast and its false prophet.

www.sojo.net...

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
UH...

Hi Energy!!

Excuse me, are you saying that "Christianity" is the dangerous religion?? Excuse my confusion but I'm not sure what your thesis is??

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   

In the run-up to the war with Iraq, Kristol told me that Europe was now unfit to lead because it was "corrupted by secularism," as was the developing world, which was "corrupted by poverty." Only the United States could provide the "moral framework" to govern a new world order, according to Kristol, who recently and candidly wrote, "Well, what is wrong with dominance, in the service of sound principles and high ideals?" Whose ideals? The American right wing's definition of "American ideals," presumably.

"Moral Framework"

Correct me if Im wrong, but the roman and American Framework is what has brought them shame in the eyes of others.

In an October 2000 presidential debate, candidate Bush warned against an over-active American foreign policy and the negative reception it would receive around the world. Bush cautioned restraint. "If we are an arrogant nation, they will resent us," he said. "If we're a humble nation, but strong, they'll welcome us."

That just clearly speaks for itself.

The Bush policy has become one of potentially endless wars abroad and a domestic agenda that mostly consists of tax cuts, primarily for the rich. "Bush promised us a foreign policy of humility and a domestic policy of compassion," Joe Klein wrote in Time magazine. "He has given us a foreign policy of arrogance and a domestic policy that is cynical, myopic, and cruel." What happened?

Once again the false Phrophets use the Throne of Power, to make thier own ends meet.
They use this power only to percipitate their own agenda with no regard to humanity.

Well...I have to go...I'll get back to this later...

Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genya
Excuse me, are you saying that "Christianity" is the dangerous religion?? Excuse my confusion but I'm not sure what your thesis is??

I think ANY religion. Follow E_W link:

...To this aggressive extension of American power in the world, President George W. Bush adds God�and that changes the picture dramatically. It's one thing for a nation to assert its raw dominance in the world; it's quite another to suggest, as this president does, that the success of American military and foreign policy is connected to a religiously inspired "mission," and even that his presidency may be a divine appointment for a time such as this....

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I think ANY religion

Kronos?
You think that any religion is dangerous?
In what context?
Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Any and all religion are dangerous. It will be the downfall of humans on this planet along with greed and hate. Religion is purely man made. It's a device created by man to control man.

I'm almost certan that God is not happy with us, following a religion instead of being more spiritual and being as one.
No two religions can truely live at peace with each other. Deep down they want to convert you to their ways.

Let me ask you one question, and this is to all you people that are of one religion or another.

"If your daugther fell in love with someone of a different religion, would you allow their relationship to continue or even to allow them to marry, even if that meant your had daugther to convert to a new religion?"

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by Britman]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's kind of hard to be a 'good' non threatening religion and a succesful one.

If say two-thirds of the World were Zen Buddhists, following many, many wars and Religiously imposed censorship efforts and assassignations to make it that way... then I could see Christianity being a breathe of fresh air.

It aint like that though. Not even close. And I for one prefer those meek souls willing to inherit the Earth, not take it by force, mass media, ridicule, censorship and impostition.

Like it or not, Witnessing is marketing. And marketing is war.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
(...)Kronos?
You think that any religion is dangerous?
In what context?
Deep

OK, in almost every context, but read Energy_Wave post and linked page first. And make your comments.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What if the Old Testament is Right, and the New Testament merely a conspiracy of men.

Then Jesus wasn't just a misguided soul refuting the OT, telling men to turn to HIM for salvation, HIS flesh, HIS blood....

Jesus was the Anti-Christ. If you believe in God, but not that Jesus was the son of God, this is the only logical conclusion. (Assumming you don't think he was just nuts.)

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Somehow, I don't believe that Jesus, with his message of 'love thy enemy, turn the other cheek, the meek will enherit the earth etc., is the message that we will be hearing from the Anti-Christ.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dexxy
Somehow, I don't believe that Jesus, with his message of 'love thy enemy, turn the other cheek, the meek will enherit the earth etc., is the message that we will be hearing from the Anti-Christ.

That's just what He wants you to think. No, don't pick up the jawbone of an ass in battle like God said... turn the other cheek. Sounds like a set up.

Doesn't the prophecy portend a messenger of Peace? False peace? I'm seeing this more and more. I really am.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Any and all religion are dangerous. It will be the downfall of humans on this planet along with greed and hate. Religion is purely man made. It's a device created by man to control man.

I'm almost certan that God is not happy with us, following a religion instead of being more spiritual and being as one.
No two religions can truely live at peace with each other. Deep down they want to convert you to their ways.

I have to agree with Britman. Religions seems to be the cause of most wars. Can you believe this.... I live in the foothills of Mount Charleston ( an extremely remote area) and the Jehovah Witness's left their "Watch Tower" magazine on my fence?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
Any and all religion are dangerous. It will be the downfall of humans on this planet along with greed and hate.
[Edited on 19-12-2003 by Britman]

ah, but what you do not see is that religion spurred greed and hate. why do we see the maniacs, or the "three anti-christs"? because they despise a certain religion. hitler? despised the jews (also heard he thought a closed circle of jews were controlling the world- that's a nice concpiracy theory, eh?) ... can't remember the second anti-christ right now... sorry. when i remember i'll post it. i'm kind of out of it right now... but the third, saddam/osama, they were envious of the goodness we have over here, and therefore desided to steal it from us (kinda shows how dilusioned they were to think there was goodness over here, huh?).

i guess my point is that religion spurred hate and greed.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Napolean

But I still say it was Jesus.

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I am thinking of something very interesting, and given the fact of surprise alone in the fact that this thread did continue, and it is of interest and similarity and relevant to the questions posed. Before you go back to here though, if you did'nt already read this message, it is most intriguing-

" All steeples point in the same direction" Paul Harvey-
Good Day

And for the rest of the story-Click Here

POST # 299184

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hitler was just one example of lunacy involving anti-semitism, and an unwholesome mix of catholicism and new agism. If you look into the history of the catholic church, you will see countless examples of anti-semitism, jews being thrown out of countries for being "christ-killers" and "christian murderers". People killing each other over fables is really pathetic.

Saddam and Osama also believe in a "Zionist conspiracy". Then you have Israel, founded again on a fantasy, but they have at least one valid reason: constant persecution from christians and muslims for centuries, when they're not busy warring with each other that is.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
None of you have even tried to answer my very simple question.

"If your daugther fell in love with someone of a different religion, would you allow their relationship to continue or even to allow them to marry, even if that meant your had daugther to convert to a new religion?"

Is that because if you do it will show that you really do hate other religions. Love thy enemy indeed. Tosh

new topics

top topics

join