It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion: move all hoax threads to a reference section.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm not too sure if this has been suggested before but I want to bring up the idea of moving all the proven hoax threads to a central location that everyone can access. This would cut down on alot of the duplicate threads about things that have been proven hoaxes, also it would help prevent people from passing off these proven hoaxes as their own experience. I think it would work a bit better than putting them all in the trash only to see them resurface a little later.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
IMHO , this would be a bad idea - i hoaxers could review the mistakes of ther predeceasors - they MIGHT learn , adapt and evolve

i know the idea of hoaxers developing inteligence is a a radical notion , but it might happen , following the " logic " of an infinite typing pool of monkies creating a shakespearean work

so that is why i vote no to this

though -with a slight modification it might be a good idea to have a library of common erroneous sightings - for the reason you cite - prevent duplication

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

though -with a slight modification it might be a good idea to have a library of common erroneous sightings - for the reason you cite - prevent duplication

That's basically what I meant. That way people that are new to these areas of conspiracy theory can see whats BS from the get go so they aren't suckered into something that's been proven false. It would also serve as a warning to would be hoaxers that people catch onto those quickly, so it's best not to post crap. Yeah they MIGHT learn, but there will always be people here to prove them wrong. Thats why I think it's worth a shot.

join