It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***Do you know of any Alchemists??***

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm intrigued...

Do any of you have any contact with alchemists (I *don't*) and, if so, do you know their prime motivation(s) eg:

Philosphers stone?
Gold from base metals?
To become closer to an understanding of the Universe (whatever that may be)?
Other?

Any information you have would be most welcome. Thanx!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Depends on what you mean by "Alchemist"... By definition, they were pretty much looking for ways to turn lead and other metals into gold (not realizing atomic structure, and the nature of elements, so the idea is rather outdated now)....

The philosopher's stone, was nothing more than a name given to the "secret ingredient" that would make the transmutation work...kind of the Holy Grail of Alchemy.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can turn credit into debt. That count?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No...that's the same as gold into lead.....

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hi Gazrok and RANT!!

Thanx for your replies!! My question was not rhetorical but, simply, does anybody know of any "modern day" alchemists (or, rather, have personal observations on them, rather than apophrical/ FOAF information)?

For example, Issac Newton "dabbled", as did Fulcanelli,

www.sangraal.com...

but what about "present day" people? Any leads please?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sounds like your taking Alchemy on face value.

Alchemy comes from Khemet(Egypt), thus
the word AlChemy. And while it
may be true that Chem-istry comes
from Alchemy; Alchemy is symbolic of
transmutation, not turning lead into gold.

It's about transmuting the base(lower
vibration), to something more pure(higher-
vibration).

Or you can look at it as the shifting from
the lower self to the higher self.

The Medieval Europeans may have
disguised their Alchemical practices to
look like chemistry, as to avoid
persecution from the Church(Even though
many Church leaders probably practiced
in secret).

ONE

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I know a few, in a way. I know of some "natural healers" who are trying to find cures for cancer, AIDS, etc, with herbs and such. I guess that's a form of alchemy?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i wish i knew alchemy, it would be so usefull

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Search engines are a great tool.

I put modern alchemy in google and found this.

monatomic.earth.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Genya,

yeah there are people out there dabbling in this area. forget organized thought though because either they would laugh it off (at their own stupidity), or they would ignore it while trying in vain to do it in secret.

there is one little secret that I have learned about this subject and which is not widely understood and that is alchemy is to deal with the transference of substance from different densities or what we often call dimensions.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have read a lots of stuff about alchemy (one interesting books about this - and a lot of others varied topics - is "The Morning of the Magicians" by Jacques Bergier)

It seems to me, as I have read it from a lot of difference source, that one of the main goal of alchimists was/is to operate a change within their-selves, and not only within the substance they been working on, like most people probably believes.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
morbid,

interesting,

so you suggest the alchemist enters annother realm with a substance with the intent of transposing it or utilizing it in that new space due to its unique qualities there?

Gold is believed to be one of those substances.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was merely implying (or trying) that aknowledged alchemists believed that, when the transformation happens and succeed, there's supposed to be another, more sublte, transforation that opperates in the mind of the alchemist.

Basicly, alchemist that realise the transmutation of raw metals to gold, supposedly also reach a higher level of conscience, and creates a connection between is mind and what we could call the 'cosmic mind', or the 'mind that englobes everything that is and that was'.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Interesting.

Have you come across the idea that gold is integral to accessing other dimensional states? And as such that is why it is so valuable rather than as store of wealth.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Have you come across the idea that gold is integral to accessing other dimensional states? And as such that is why it is so valuable rather than as store of wealth.

No, I haven't, or I don't remember if I did. I think it could be quite possible. The idea is not bad at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hi - and thanx! - to all who've contributed to this discussion!

I was "away" at the weekend and have only just logged on again to rejoin the debate (please ingore my "on-line" status at times as I seldom "log off", as it were!)

There's some intersting points emerging from the discussion I think. When I "posed" the question I was well aware that "those that *are* practicising Alchemy" would be highly unlikely to say, in an open forum, that they were doing so: I belive that alchemy *is* as much a spiritual joureny as a meta-physical one, and, by extension, such practicioners would be "doing it" rather than "talking about heir progess" (No disrepect intended, but I hope you know what I mean by this??) That's why I treid to put in a codicle about "Did you know of anyone" rather than assume such a practictioner would respond directly.

I know that there would be no "quick fixes" with Alchemy but that revelations would only come through much work and meditation and discovery. The Universe (whatever that is) wouldn't give up it's secrets to the first person to ask I'm sure!!

So, thanx again for taking part in this discussion - for myself, I'll search for "modern day" Alchemists as suggested and see what leads there are to be had. Now, where's my retort ....

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't know anything about this other than what has been posted here, but my first reaction to this information was that they might have been experimenting with mind altering drugs. Adding a substance to themselves in order to get something better (take them to a new dimension, higher state of concious/awareness).

Just a though.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
NM

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Alchemy is actually related to your very name 'Kundalini'.

The transmutation of sexual energy.

Do the knowledge.

ONE

top topics

join