It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't trust Google.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I've had a few movie trailers removed before and after the purchase.

Those conspiracy videos are under copyright protection as well. The owners would have asked YouTube to remove them. You can't make money on your DVDs if people are downloading them for free.

[edit on 22/2/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have been searching in google for photos of a specific area and somehow there had been very few and most of them unrelated with the subject i had type to search...
So i tried and used other search engines, mostly unknow and unpopular to get that i want.
Beyond my photo experience, google finds me very inderesting and various stuffs...
I am not trying to support it, but it worthes my 50 cent

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
just use scroogle if u dont want ur searches tracked.
no cookies | no search-term records | access log deleted within 48 hours.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by bigspud]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Impossible that google is goverment made.
Have you done your taxes lately ?
that answers your question.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If you don't want to use scroogle you can also use www.blackboxsearch.com which doesn't save any cookies or any of that other crap. There is also a plugin for both scroogle and blackboxsearch for firefox if you want.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks malaki,

That works great.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
List of search engines
and thanks malakia (μαλακία)

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't trust Google either. There's another search site that seems to be a LOT better, that's the one I use now. It's called 'Scroogle'.. Go to the following link and check it out! To use the search engine just click on 'Google Scraper'.

www.scroogle.org...

NOMW

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
No problem, I think Google has something up sleeve. Why do you need to save all of that information. They even save your emails if you use gmail, even if you delete them.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I personally find Google a fascinating company and I have no beef with them what so ever. Don't want to use their search engine or other services? Simply don't use them then.

Ultimatley every web service you take part in today records some information related to you, the customer database is more or less the only thing valuable for a lot of startups and e-biz.

Everything ain't a conspiracy, it's simple business.
Personally I'm a lot more comfortable with letting Google be the company to host my webmail and other services than many other, the founders seems pretty darn straight up respectable.

scroolge.com ? Pfft. Why not set up a 'nix box, use ssh tunnels and hacked routing tables while you're at it. Think you're "safe" with Windows Vista and the personal firewall enabled?
If anyone would want to see what you're doing they can just access your friendly neighbourhood ISP and all your "no cookies enabled searches" and the likes thereoff equals squat. I'd say worry more on current politics and voting, check out epic.org and read what they have to say.

No videos was removed off YouTube before Google bought them? Duh.. that's because there was noone with cash to sue for copyright infrigement, which is exactly what is happening now and that's why loads of vids are being removed. This isn't nuclear sience or my personal thesis, it's a wide spread fact and has been speculated and debated wildy in regular magazines (wired, etc).

www.google.com...
Just use Google and search for YouTube sued

Finally, the fact that YouTube are removing videos isn't ultimatley what is bothering me, it's that organisations that are "pro disclosure/getting the truth out there" aren't making their videos publicly available on the net already. Sometimes it's funny when you watch one of these docu. and the front men or women talks about the power of the internet..am I like the only one going l.."yeah, and why the h*ll aren't you utilising that power instead of forcing me to watch this low resoloution crap off YouTube".

And yeah yeah, I know they need money but when it comes to this, for me to really take them seriously I'm afraid it's donations only or it just doesn't seem as serious. Them charging for the stuff ain't exactly lowering the bar for entrance into these types of questions for the average joe (who frikkin neeeeds to know about this)..and certainly makes it trickier for Mr or Mrs Joe to separate the obvious BS from the stuff that has some value, time and effort put into it.

Cheers ~ L

[edit on 7-4-2007 by lasse]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I use the Google search engine almost exclusively because it does what it's supposed to do very, very well, but I don't really trust Google, either.

Google might not want to control the internet, but it seems that they do want to control all of the information on the internet.

I won't go anywhere near G-mail and it's not because I'm paranoid.

Once something is posted where they can get their hands on it, Google seems to keep it forever.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
[edit on 2007/4/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I use the Google search engine almost exclusively because it does what it's supposed to do very, very well, but I don't really trust Google, either.

Google might not want to control the internet, but it seems that they do want to control all of the information on the internet.

I won't go anywhere near G-mail and it's not because I'm paranoid.

Once something is posted where they can get their hands on it, Google seems to keep it forever.

Their mission is to make all the worlds information readily available for all. That includes good & bad. They have zero "control", if everyone stopped using their service they would crumble. If anyone "controls" your information, think about who built the computer you're writing from, what ISP you use or what operating system you use or what newspapers you read. There is a nice big fat delete button in Gmail that works the same way as with any webmail, but hey, go hotmail and protect your privacy...

[edit on 7-4-2007 by lasse]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You may not know what I know or you wouldn't find so much humor in the situation.

Yes, I know that others besides Google have control over information, but Google's stock in trade is making information available to everyone in perpetuity, and I am made nervous by that.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Google's stock value is largely based upon the number of ads they sell. Read up on adwords, overture and the likes and how that works before you jump to conclusions.

I certainly think privacy issues are no laughing matter, I just think pointing a finger at Google is sort of pointless since they are merley a company doing business on the web like many other and it's free to use or not to use. It's misdireted attention to me unless proven otherwise and so far they're pretty darn open about their process and ethics involving customer privacy, far more so that many other.

Cheers ~ L

[edit on 8-4-2007 by lasse]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Google epitomizes the new internet paradigm of monopolies. Think about the reach google has.

Gmail
Google Earth
Google Maps
Google Video
YouTube
Google Images
Google News
Blogger
Groups
Picassa
Google Toolbar

and much more