It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't trust Google.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Is it just me or is there something not right about this picture?

And by the way, you can't freely post any videos on youtube anymore. Some of them will be removed now that google owns youtube.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by selfless]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Doesn't it seem like google is trying to take control of the internet.

Maybe google is created by the government?

Internet is the one source the government have no absolute control over. Is google a government project designed to secretly and slowly over take the internet?

It's very possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I don't care. As long as I get half decent search results, Google can do whatever it wants.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Google also has a checkout system which is in competition with ebay. It can process credit card payments and you can sell things. It's not just a search engine anymore. You can even get e-mail account.

I doubt it was set up by the government, although google does freely turn over search records to the government.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Good article here:

www.searchethos.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Google gives by far the best search results. Over the past few years I have used many search engines, but changed over the years and currently with google for all my searches.

Its evolving and growing - its a major force on the net. Naturally as any company gets bigger it puts more of its fingers into different pies. Just because it is doing this does not mean it is government owned. Other companies involve themselves with other busniess activities. Google is no different and it is also now owned by shareholders who will want dividends

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
I don't care. As long as I get half decent search results, Google can do whatever it wants.

yep, same here. the military or intelligence services that may run google, must be bored, profiling us all.

[edit on 2/22/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Google is one site (a very good one), but no one has pointed out ANY web site can gather info on you - what about ATS?

You could get paranoid, YOU SHOULD GET PARANOID!!!! But not so much as it cripples you. If your worried about search engines, use advanced search options and cross referance your results with the other engines.

You could also throw a few spanners in the works and search on tea cosies or something?!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldowardo
Just because it is doing this does not mean it is government owned

True that my friend but,

It doesn't mean that it's not a government project either.

Gotta remain open to the possibilities.

I just think google's expansion is starting to look rather fishy.

They started to remove a bunch of ufo videos and documentaries on youtube.

It all just doesn't seem right to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Never really cared for google. It is not a very good search engine. I don't know why all the publicity and hype about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Never really cared for google. It is not a very good search engine. I don't know why all the publicity and hype about it.

What do you suggest would offer better search results?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What picture? It says Youtube...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
What picture? It says Youtube...

google owns youtube now unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You know those two "O's" in google?

They might as well be eyes because google is watching you. They record EVERY search that you run and record the IP address.

They are working to tap into your webcams and mics to target invasive ads at you.

Big brother is big business, thanks to google's evil ways.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
You know those two "O's" in google?

They might as well be eyes because google is watching you. They record EVERY search that you run and record the IP address.

That's true, google is like goggles i always thought about that my self.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I was very silly and did some terrorism related searches to track down various information and statisics, however if these logs are mined with an aggressive policy, then I'm sure I'll come up.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Neither do I after reading this...

www.salon.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Welcome to techno-fascism. We are gravitating closer to the 80's hard scifi nightmare.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
And by the way, you can't freely post any videos on youtube anymore. Some of them will be removed now that google owns youtube.

Not to defend Google, but YouTube has always removed videos when copyright holders asked them to. It is simple copy right law.
Or did you have some examples of censorship since the YouTube purchase?

I'm also pretty sure YouTube used that image before being purchased by Google.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Or did you have some examples of censorship since the YouTube purchase?
Google.

Some conspiracy videos for example.

I don't recall ever seeing a video taken out of youtube before google bought it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join