It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDENTITY???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Beyond NC's comments I would add that these persons are Extremist Fundamentalist, which are apparent in every culture.

There are always people within any culture who for whatever reason feel
they are superior to people from other societies.

The problem is when they are prepared to kill to establish to others what they think. But there is also the problem of when a system of government allows them to get away with killing or harming others. In relation to this an example given is that of Nazi Germany, potentially there may exist such a problem in the United States. And as well there does seem to exist such an issues amongst the Moslem nations. My intent is making that statement is not to offend OrionSirus, but rather to open the door of discussion to common problems.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hell...I'd have no problem blowing some foriegner's(SP?) head right off...Too many of them comming into this country (USA). Now it's hard for me to even get a good paying job to take care of my family... I'm sick of it. We should send all these bastard's where they came from and tell them to deal with thier own friggan problems over thier instead of causing more crap here... No point to it...none at all.

I don't care if they say they like this country better...that's bull. Especially when they send well over half thier money back from where they came from and then retire thier... sickning little freaks..

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:19 PM
link   
James where did you come from and would you have prefered that mentality to exist prior to you ancestors arriving here?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I know...but...it suck's when the country I was born in was already pre-existing and my lineage goes back far enough here... I can't help how this country was formed. I can only make due with what I have, but with other people comming here by the thousand's or whatnot, it's kinda hard. Right now I'm making $8 an hour...I pay 850 rent 200-250 in bills...Plus I smoke...It all add's up, but thier's no good job's around here. The one's I do see, seem to have foriegner's there.... There are even some that REQUIRE you to know a second language...mainly spanish...That's just to ridiculas for being an american citizen. Why the hell should I HAVE to know spanish to get a job in AMERICA where we speak ENGLISH? Tell them spanish people to learn our language or screw...

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:36 PM
link   
James tiene que saber que muchas personas son de paiz's que ablan
espanol

James check out the unemployment rates in other countries and you will see why everyone comes here. I understand your problem brother but who exactly is it that is telling "Truth" he is one day going to go off because of his belief systems?

What do you believe in James?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:41 PM
link   
JamesG, I am Native American. And maybe I think YOU should leave MY land. Before all you people came here there was no pollution, plenty of game animals, trees as far as the eye could see, and the people peacefully coexisted with Nature. Now look at what has happened.

Your complaints over being unable to support yourself are useless. Educate yourself. Quit smoking. Do something for yourself that makes you more employable than a foreigner that has already done all those things before coming to America. Learning a second language is not tough. Getting a degree from a University to advance yourself in a lucritive career is quite possible in this country. To sit back and expect prosperity just because you were born here.................

It is not our problem that foreigners are harder workers and more educated and more qualified than you. Myself, I'm a carpet installer. No education required. Just a willingness to perform hard labor on a daily basis. And I make more money in one day than you do in a week at $8/hour. So quit crying and get up off your posterior and provide yourself with the life you feel you are deemed.

[Edited on 22-11-2002 by Truth Seeker]

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Beyond the comments of TS, James. There is the topic at hand. After that is the fact that as far as one can go back into history, people from all over the world have been welcomed in this Hemisphere.

A question that comes to mind, is what can you do to change the way you feel?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In defense of my post, the first paragraph was intended to reflect the same attitude toward JamesG as he seemed to have upon foreigners. I do not hold those feelings toward others. I only wanted JamesG to be on the receiving end of it, in hopes he could see how it sounds.

The rest of my post I stand by. Those are my feelings. People are not getting jobs handed to them simply because they moved here from another country. Those people are hard workers, educated, and qualified. If he feels others are taking good jobs from him then he needs to take measures to make himself more employable.

And as far as sending money back to their home countries, wouldn't you do the same? Or would you prefer to live in America with luxuries while your family back in the homeland doesn't even have indoor plumbing due to poverty? But contrary to what JamesG believes, most immigrants use the money they make to bring their families into America, not to move back when they retire.

One reason for JamesG's woes in finding a good paying job is because the market is saturated with workers. When the USA was full of factories there were jobs for all. But now the population has increased, automation has replaced workers, and many manufactured items are imported from China and other countries where labor is cheap.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 11:58 PM
link   
James L,

I'm not jewish.. One of my great grandfathers was jewish...

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hey...Wish I could just get up and do all that. Sounds all good and fair of me, but it's harder than it sounds. I don't even make enough to own a vehicle. There's no way I can afford one. In my area, there is crap for work. I can't just get up and leave my current job for another one that pays a little more...Did that with my first kid for two years...Life just doesn't work that way. If I could just quite smoking, I would, but I can't...something about nicotine being addictive...Tried many many many times....If your not a smoker, it's nearly impossible for you to understand...

Really, there is no need for these people to send thier money home...They can save and send for thier families to come here. They are taking advantage of us, and have been for a very long time. I've worked with people who never, ever spoke or learned english before.

I realize, your Native american, hell..I'm part myself...but the past is the past. Niether one of us can change it. Neither one of us had a say in it. And it all happened looong before our time. Nothing we can do about it now. Make due with what you've got.

Luckily though...I am going to night school for computer's. Grandma's paying for it...So, hopefully I'll be able to get something...If anyone is even hiring in mu area...

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And now we return you to those thrilling topics of yesteryear: The Christian Identity Movement.

Yes, I see them as a problem. I don't have my research at hand right now, but I do remember some of my liberal (I'm liberal, folks, if you've forgotten) colleagues shrieking about the Christian Identity folks in office. I did some research and found out that they're pretty ineffective.

So the way to nullify them is to start helping people with a more liberal agenda into office to counter them.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Couldn't we just keep them out of office somehow? Maybe write a law that say's they can't run...I dunno...nevermind...

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If memory serves Byrd a recent FBI report on the organizations indicates they are expecting the end of the world. One in which Jesus will come and vindicate there point of view. As it becomes increasingly apparent that reality has dealt them a foul ball, there could very well be violence.

Essentially though they are using the Christian angle to do something such groups as the KKK and ANP have never been able to do before. That is gain access to positions of authority within US government. Again why would such groups be interested in control over an agency such as Health and Human Services (as was described in link and prior post)?

At present we do have a Conservative Congress, Senate, Executive branch and Supreme Court. Who by the way are focused less on domestic issues and more foreign interests (Iraq and Al Queda). This is not to imply those issues should be devaluated, personally that Saddam Hussein releases prisoners from his jail and about a month later Al Queda is talking the talk says a lot about the impression Iraq is assisting that agency.

Nonetheless I am reminded of an incident during W.W.II, in which while the focus was one the war the insurance industry was able to get though the Federal system a mandate that the Fed could no longer regulate the insurance industry.

My impression is that there are, what seem on the surface to be irrelevant issues which can bite us real bad on the back side (such as how that decision made in W.W.II affects us now) and we do need to find ways to interceed in any such effort.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 05:06 PM
link   
JamesG, don't have problem with legal foriegners(sp?) have problems with the illegal ones.

Why we need to know spanish? Mexicans swim across Rio Grande or Htians jump off a boat and swin to shore and invade the country. INS does nothing to stop them. We need to build a wall with barb wire and out posts every hundred feet. Then get sharp shooters with the right to shoot any invader. For that is what they are, invaders.

They are invading peacefully, but still invading. Get everyone to gether, find the ones here illegally, and ship their butts back home.

Plenty of legal ways to get here, so why invade? Also, to get here legally, one has to know some english, so no more need of second language. Soon we will lose the southern states to Mexico, and then what? Will we allow them to move north? Let them take Oregon, Washington, the Dakotas? Idaho? Where do we finally go hey, the nation of Mexico is invading us and stop them?

I already tried to talk to my representitive from here, wrote letters, made phone calls, nothing. Heck, went to Washington D.C., but gave up when I got to my hotel and couldn't talk to anyone. All of them didn't know a word of english. Desk clerk, manager, bell boys, none of them. All Mexicans who knew no english.

In other words JamesG, don't hate all foriegners, hate the ones who come here illegally and work for one dollar a day while the citizens of America are homless living on the streets because they wouldn't work for a dollar a day.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 05:38 PM
link   
James (whatever) those Mexicans are Hispanics which makes them 1/2 Indian. Granted they are illegally in the country and so therefore should be collected and returned, but what your suggesting would not be prudent.

Personally would apply the same issue in relation to the Hatian situation. As there orgins in this hemisphere is to many people, not what you might think.

Truth is James (whatever) your behavior is inapropiate.

[Edited on 24-11-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They aren't hipanic, they from Mexico, so they mexican. Just like I am from America, so I am American. Or someone from Canada is Candadian. They aren't Zunickian or what ever, they from Canada, they Canadian.

Sorry, but political correct stuff sucks, it splits us apart. Instead of being American, we are African-American, we are Asian-American, Cacacion(Sp?) American. Why the groups? Why is there a minority group? If they are citizens of America, they are Americans, and in this country, they aren't minorities. Unless in the south, then being American is being the minority.

Well, why the groups? Why do people need to put you in a group because of your skin, what you believe in, your hieght, your place of birth? If here in America legally, you American, maybe not a citizen, but still American. If here illegally, you are invading this country and should be treated as such.

And hey, I'm part Indian,(NOT native American, the americans were the europeans that killed them, and they come from Asia using Bering Land bridge) and I think it was bad how they were treated. Heck, Jackson orderd the Indians of their land, which became the Trail of Tears, so what happens? He gets on the 20$ bill. How would the Jews like Hitler on the 20$ bill? How would blacks like the leader of the KKK on the 20$ bill?

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok...this warned bull sh|t is getting old... Take it off. Niether me or JamesTL is getting out of hand. Why you would go from black text to a red that sticks out more is beyond me... Niether of us has said anything since we were 'warned' the first time....

Look...I'm sorry if the truth hurts...I personally won't post here anymore unless I have something positive to say...So I guess I won't post anymore after all. Believe me TC, netchicken...Think the crap I posted was offensive and abusive before...you haven't even seen offensive or abusive yet... You both are abusing your mod abilities...Both of us have calmed down, now quit the fuc|

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 09:54 PM
link   
James there is always ways to identify people an example being I am a Miami Dolphins fan. Yes in the past a lot of people have died, so why consider more killing a valid argument.

You stated Illegal aliens should be shot so you consider that proper treatment?

I do not and cannot Condon the acts which resulted in the trail of tears. At the same time the United States is responsible for ending the torture and Murder of indigenous tribal peoples, in Caribbean as well as South and Central America. Clearly the actions of men play a role in Institutions. In some cases those actions have resulted in harm to a culture in others salvation (to the same peoples), this by the same institution known as the United States.

The topic of this thread is in relation to racial intolerance and the groups (institutions) which promote hatred of individuals to other institutions. That you say that killing Haitian and Mexicans (who by the way are considered Hispanic), because the come to this country, for a chance at a better life. Food for there children and freedom from oppression And do so illegally makes me want to say a prayer that we do not end up with your Face on a $20 bill.

James at no point in time have I stated that this problem is specific to the US. Rather it�s a worldwide problem that transcends Race, Creed and Color.

Individuals who have banded together everywhere in the world to promote hatred towards others not specifically there kind (Generally, we are all Humans). And in fact there are thousands of reasons why this issue is presented as valid. One very common one is lack of jobs. In fact, Adolph Hitler had as an aspect of his political agenda. To remove the Israelis form the community so real "Germans" could have jobs. The Germans thought this was a great idea and now most of them live with that guilt.

The word most is very important here James it reflects the existence of a social neurosis one which effects a minority of any population. The resultant effect is to motivate and even smaller minority to consider killing as a means to and end to social problem and after that an even smaller minority. To act out those paranoid delusions of persecution, by killing people who are in some way different

James I am not interested in excuses, the reason there are no jobs is because there are no recourses. Identify and ascertain those recourses and there will
Be jobs (the rest is BS).

You know James the way you are talking my impression is you can finally admit that you are a part of a minority group. In my opinion I would not try to apply for assistance because of it.

What are your thought?

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Mods abusing their authority? On this site?

Do you see the irony in that? It's kind of funny. Mods on this web site turning into Big Brother and censoring everything.

Since messages get deleted, nobody knows what the infraction was. This leaves the door open for conspiracy theories, doesn't it? May I suggest leaving the text, without deleting, and just banning violators? Most of us are adults, so reading something nasty isn't going to corrupt us. And if a child reads it, well let's just hope they understand that these elements are a part of our world and they should not emulate everything they see and hear. We have freedom to express our opinions. We also have freedom to ignore things that offend us.

Again... the irony of this amuses me.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Just like I am from America, so I am American.

Hold on there kid...

The CONTINENT America is not only the United States. You guys keep forgetting that...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join