It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HOAX) Hello all..I am here to give you the answers!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Its the first time he has been to 2007 and its the first time he's been on ATS so how could he possibly know that he was banned plus he was born 2022 ?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I much prefer john titor's future than this guy's future. John titor was cool, and he owned a shotgun, and there was civil war, and world war 3, and then people became more compashinate and more educated, instead, this guy tells us that people stay stupid, and nothing changes, grrrrr, bullcrap. Banned for telling us a bleak future. Here, a better future, I come from the future, and yeah, beware of the cataclysms and the wars and viruses and crap like that. See, I can do it to, please don't ban me I was joking.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
I much prefer john titor's future than this guy's future. John titor was cool, and he owned a shotgun, and there was civil war, and world war 3, and then people became more compashinate and more educated, instead, this guy tells us that people stay stupid, and nothing changes, grrrrr, bullcrap. Banned for telling us a bleak future. Here, a better future, I come from the future, and yeah, beware of the cataclysms and the wars and viruses and crap like that. See, I can do it to, please don't ban me I was joking.

titor never posted here, and I agree with the banning of hoaxers, regardless of the content of the hoax

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You should surely know your age, if it helps, I would suggest you are maybe younger than that.

Can everyone please stop shouting "HOAX"!? You're not impressing anyone. Why not just take it as entertainment and enjoy it?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by roadgravel
Appearently time travel is still not possible.

You see... that's just it. If he really was from the future, he'd know that he got banned here, and would try another board.

Oh nice one! Well don!

A decent thread that entertains people and you come and shut it down.

Deny ignorance! Deny fun!!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Vanhandle
Awww, now why'd ya have to ban him?

I think we were having fun poking him with questions to see what kind of BS stories he could make up, or at least to test his "writer's creativity"

T'was fun while it lasted, I hoped no one seriously bought his "truths".

He's gonna be seriously disapponted when he finds out we've tracked his IP.

Erm. No he won't.

Why would he? He comes on with some daft story that people are enjoying, he is clumsily banned (not unusual for this site) and then you track his IP and issue a silly, "how powerful are we!?" threat.

What good would tracking his IP do you now? Do you want to grass him up to his service provider for telling stories? Well, it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
you EEE JUTS!!! how in the blue hell would you know if you were talking to a true time travellor. is it only true if you agree with his version of the future? i am not saying that this guy is for real...hell i could care less. I just found his whole story to be interesting and amusing

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What ?? he got baned??? BOOOOOOOO
See a thread is like a TV station , if you dont like it you dont have to look at it. This thread was fun and I think a lot of us were haveing fun reading it.
BOOOOOO

Hmmm
Just a thought , maybe we should check the conspiracy board, maybe the future NASA caught word of the thread from another agent they have posted in this time frame and hacked the system to get him baned.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by WOGIT]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Exactly WOGIT.

Pathetic!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The world of the unknown needs more people who can enjoy the fun and idiotic. There is so much serious stuff out there that people need a laugh every now and then.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by soulstealer2099]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Again, I will just say "exactly"!!

This place takes itself far too seriously! As do the people involved! I remember when these mods were just newbies like myself (well, not Kano) but, you know what they say, "give em a uniform....."

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulstealer2099
you EEE JUTS!!! how in the blue hell would you know if you were talking to a true time travellor. is it only true if you agree with his version of the future? i am not saying that this guy is for real...hell i could care less. I just found his whole story to be interesting and amusing

Another comment like that and you'll notice there are red-flags suddenly appearing under your name.

There is one very good way to tell this person is a hoax, and not a time traveler from the future... someone from the future would know their account was quickly banned here, and post somewhere else.

Simple.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
SO,

Since we're talking about hypothetical occurences (such as time travel itself) I'd like to say that it was kind of jumping the gun banning the guy.

Firstly, he may have been hoaxing, but he didn't really have a chance to show us if he was telling the truth. I understand the burden of proof lies on the poster, but the OP needs time and questions to answer them.

Secondly, while time travel may at one time be a useable technology, Its been hypothesized that time doesn't always follow a linear path, and as such not all events are predicatble (and as such future events are in fact, changeable). Realizing this, its possible the OP didn't know you would have banned him and hence your assumption is incorrect.

Thirdly, maybe he was sent here so that you may have the opportunity to ban him, which will cause a predicted outcome of a certain future event. Who knows, you could have saved the world !

Anyway, its a shame. I was enjoying the posts.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Secondly, while time travel may at one time be a useable technology,

Okay... let's follow that line of reasoning...

Traveling back in time will likely be a very expensive proposition, if it's possible at all. Lots of physicists spending lots of time creating something that requires lots of energy to send someone back in time to... to... to... post on an Internet discussion board?

Please.

The ban hammer can smell cheese with acute sensitivity.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Oh goodie! IP check on Aisle 5!

HOAX ALERT!!!!

Originally posted by Anthony2046
I have been sent from the year 2046 for a few specific purposes, the first being that I aquire a select few blood samples of animals that have become extinct in my time (sad yet true, some of the worlds most beautiful creatures are extinct due to rampant poaching and other factors),

That failed the first "hoax" test. We've already got sperm and egg banks for these creatures and other cultures.

PLUS, blood cells don't have any genetic material in them. None. Zero. Zip. No nuclei. You can, of course, get genetic material from other sources that don't require time travel.

and the second reason is to open a dialogue with a group of individuals while maintaining my anonimity.

Translation: See who's naive enough to believe this lie.

Before I start, I must make a certain amount of 'restrictions' clear. They are beyond my control, and I must diligently maintain their integrity

...to cover up his real lack of knowledge, here.

1) Under no circumstances may I provide any information 'for profit' or personal benefit. I wont be giving out any 'sports almanacs' (yes...movies are prevelant in my time, and Back to the Future does still exist)

...because he's a person of average education and isn't from the future at all.

I can give you general overviews of what will come to pass, election information, and events that will occur that are not catastrophic in nature. (Yet do not worry, as my present and your 'future' is a wonderful place..save for a few regions of the world that have declined in the coming decades)

I'm just waiting for the "red dragon meets the blue in a fight that only the orange can win" prophecies. Yepyep.

at said, I am here until July 31st, 2007 (having arrived on Febuary 1st, 2007..here for a six month period) and would love to open a dialogue with the members of this board.

Given that we don't like hoaxes, I bet you don't last that long. You're welcome to try at GLP, though.

Now that was ownage, pure total ownage. Nice job.

I shall commerate this:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Really, im just going to throw this out here and say most if not all of things posted on ATS are HOAXS so why arent they BANNED!!!!

This was entertainment you could of atleast moved him to Below Top Secret and we could of continued this FUN!!! We all knew he wasent a man from the future its was just fun seeing what questions he could answer and how quick!!!

So please bring this fellow back and lets move it to BTS!!! were all my postings just happen to go to!!

My "Bullet Magnet" Prince Harry Wales was moved there and thats a current event like most things and they arent moved there either

This is all backwards who agrees with me on this one!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Really, im just going to throw this out here and say most if not all of things posted on ATS are HOAXS so why arent they BANNED!!!!

Ok, give some examples that people have posted that are hoaxes and weren't banned, lets see what you come up with.

This was entertainment you could of atleast moved him to Below Top Secret and we could of continued this FUN!!! We all knew he wasent a man from the future its was just fun seeing what questions he could answer and how quick!!!

But if he was still allowed to post he wouldn't be restricted to this thread, however ridiculous his replies might become. Frankly, any hoaxes that are discovered are banned, or the message that the staff puts up with hoaxers will be apparent.

Originally posted by SimonGray (T&C)
1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

This person probably saw this when they joined, which either means they didn't care (most likely) or they were from the future and telling the truth (>.0001% possibility in my opinion.

modification by Byrd
NOMINEE FOR STUPIDEST HOAX OF THE YEAR (so far)

Now I really like that, good modification to the first post. (Who won it last year?)

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To all those that are upset that this hoaxer was banned. Just stick around ATS for a couple of years. If everyone that propogated hoaxes was allowed to stay, this entire board would be full of hoax posts that would drop it's credibility to a terrible level.

ATS isn't a joke board people, it's for serious discussions. That's why I've been here for as long as I have been, because the mods do a good job of keeping the crap away.

You want to look at the crap, don't flush. But I, for one, am glad the mods continue to check for poo and flush when needed.

Thanks guys and gals!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
After reading his posts and in particular noting that he was born in 2024,
My question to the OP was going to be :

Do you plan on visiting your parents while you are here?

The post above says it all though, do not feed the trolls !

Good work Mods.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I can't be assed reading through the hole subject how did this guy get caught ???

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join