It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HOAX) Hello all..I am here to give you the answers!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The following message is an attempt at an "I'm a time traveler" hoax. As with many hoaxes, there are many stupid mistakes in the story that prove it's a hoax. The user was promptly banned.

This kind of hoaxer is a type of troll -- put out the bait and see how many fall for it. Lies like this discredit our community. We have no patience with fools like this. We're not a tabloid. Let him go hoax somewhere else.

===========================================
NOMINEE FOR STUPIDEST HOAX OF THE YEAR (so far)
===========================================

Regards,

While some (if not all) may have trouble with this statement, I make it with sincerity and the best intentions possible.

I have been sent from the year 2046 for a few specific purposes, the first being that I aquire a select few blood samples of animals that have become extinct in my time (sad yet true, some of the worlds most beautiful creatures are extinct due to rampant poaching and other factors), and the second reason is to open a dialogue with a group of individuals while maintaining my anonimity.

Before I start, I must make a certain amount of 'restrictions' clear. They are beyond my control, and I must diligently maintain their integrity

1) Under no circumstances may I provide any information 'for profit' or personal benefit. I wont be giving out any 'sports almanacs' (yes...movies are prevelant in my time, and Back to the Future does still exist)

2) I cannot provide 'this happened on x date..BEWARE!!!' information, due to safety concerns for the populous. I can give you general overviews of what will come to pass, election information, and events that will occur that are not catastrophic in nature. (Yet do not worry, as my present and your 'future' is a wonderful place..save for a few regions of the world that have declined in the coming decades)

Those are my hinderances, yet I will give my best effort to provide simple (and non-confusing) answers to the best of my ability. I am not an expert in all areas of study, so I may very well be able to only give you a general overview in regards to your queries.

With that said, I am here until July 31st, 2007 (having arrived on Febuary 1st, 2007..here for a six month period) and would love to open a dialogue with the members of this board.

I understand, through research, that claims have been made by a previous individual that very closely match my own. Well unless his future is worlds away from my own, non e of what he discussed has come to pass, nor do I believe his statements to be 'valid' in any way

Feel free to inquire about any subject you wish, and I will shed light on the subject.

Regards,

Anthony

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Is there a world government in 2046?

AIDS?

Is global warming a concern?

pizza?

Glad you realize we've been down this road before.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh goodie! IP check on Aisle 5!

HOAX ALERT!!!!

Originally posted by Anthony2046
I have been sent from the year 2046 for a few specific purposes, the first being that I aquire a select few blood samples of animals that have become extinct in my time (sad yet true, some of the worlds most beautiful creatures are extinct due to rampant poaching and other factors),

That failed the first "hoax" test. We've already got sperm and egg banks for these creatures and other cultures.

PLUS, blood cells don't have any genetic material in them. None. Zero. Zip. No nuclei. You can, of course, get genetic material from other sources that don't require time travel.

and the second reason is to open a dialogue with a group of individuals while maintaining my anonimity.

Translation: See who's naive enough to believe this lie.

Before I start, I must make a certain amount of 'restrictions' clear. They are beyond my control, and I must diligently maintain their integrity

...to cover up his real lack of knowledge, here.

1) Under no circumstances may I provide any information 'for profit' or personal benefit. I wont be giving out any 'sports almanacs' (yes...movies are prevelant in my time, and Back to the Future does still exist)

...because he's a person of average education and isn't from the future at all.

I can give you general overviews of what will come to pass, election information, and events that will occur that are not catastrophic in nature. (Yet do not worry, as my present and your 'future' is a wonderful place..save for a few regions of the world that have declined in the coming decades)

I'm just waiting for the "red dragon meets the blue in a fight that only the orange can win" prophecies. Yepyep.

at said, I am here until July 31st, 2007 (having arrived on Febuary 1st, 2007..here for a six month period) and would love to open a dialogue with the members of this board.

Given that we don't like hoaxes, I bet you don't last that long. You're welcome to try at GLP, though.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hello Anthony,

Please forgive me for being sceptical and cynical, but fantastic claims such as yours demand fantastic proof. By claiming you are “restricted” in disclosing certain things that would no doubt validate your claims of “being from the future” has cast a great deal of “dubiousness” at best in my mind.

But that aside, can you answer some simple things:

“What county are you from?”
“Who authorised your trip?”
“How did you get here? (i.e. a time machine etc.)
If it was a time machine, who invented it? Who funded it? What year was it invented?

I am sure many other will have more questions…

MBF

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well... I would really like to have the lottery numbers for this week.

I guess you can tell us who wins the election and what new technology will be discovered.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
OK, i'll 'play' along.
I can't get into deep conversation with you because i'm about to disappear(not strange i'm going to NZ for three months).
I have no desire to know the future so I won't question what you know...so start a conversation.
What do you want to know?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yes..I understand that a previous individual has made this claim. You can take my answers with as much skepticism (correctly so) as you wish. I will not take offense to claims made about my validity, I just ask that the conversation remain civil.

As per your inquiries...

World Government: I assume you are asking if the current model for government has been altered to include one 'world' body? If this is your question, then no. The US / UK / Russia / China / Austrilia (ie: all large governments) still exist as 'today' for you.

As for the United States (where I am a citizen)..we still exist as an independent nation.

Aids: No cure has yet to be found, but an extremely effective regiment of medications (as well as a specific diet to boost the immune system) has been very successful at prolonging the period of HIV becoming full blown 'AIDS'. While some inroads have been made to provide this medication to impovrished nations, aids is still a large killer in african nations.

But in developed countries, HIV is no longer a death sentence.

Global warming: We have not seen as large an impact due to 'global warming' as your current news media claims we will. While it is proven that the world is in fac 'warming', it will be found that much of the effects are natural, and some are 'man made'. We have taken steps to curbe the pollution of our planet, and large corporations are made much more responsible for their actions.

So in summary, seasons still exist, snow still falls, and I ski quite regularly (a favorite hobby of mine)

Pizza: of course we still have pizza!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I have been sent from the year 2046 for a few specific purposes, the first being that I aquire a select few blood samples of animals that have become extinct in my time (sad yet true, some of the worlds most beautiful creatures are extinct due to rampant poaching and other factors), and the second reason is to open a dialogue with a group of individuals while maintaining my anonimity.

The nice thing about hoaxers is that they know little about science and research. Fortunately for the cause of truth, you're not aware of breeding programs and other measures to preserve cellular material and sperm and eggs.

And other signifiers of your hoax is the use of "vials of blood." Sorry... Jurassic Park is fiction. We do cloning from eggs and sperm -- there's not much nuclear material in blood.

Because the hoax would become evident even to the believers with your first failed prediction. Then you can warble about "altered timeline" ala John Titor... but a hoax is still a hoax.

And we ban hoaxers, Anthony who is posting via a Comcast account from Vermont.

I suggest you get another account and drop the hoax quickly.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
“What county are you from?” I am from the United States of America. I was born in the state of Vermont

“Who authorised your trip?” A branch of NASA, privately funded (in years to come, NASA will adopt a larger role in science, not just space

If it was a time machine, who invented it? Who funded it? What year was it invented? In the year 2024, Lockheed Martin will develop a magnetic propultion based engine that will allow man to travel faster then the speed of light, thus enabling the possiblity of time travel. While specifics remain state secret, I would venture to believe the gov't itself funded this project, as it was developed for NASA

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It is quite correct that I am posting from Vermont, as above I specified my location. I do not understand why that would have any bearing on my claim. I made no such mention of using 'advanced future style computers'. I am using a simple laptop, with a standard internet connection.

As far as DNA from a blood sample, inroads have been made in genetics that allow the scientific community to perform such procedures.

As for the person who is waiting for 'prophetic statements', you will find no such information.

Whether I am to be believed or not is fine

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
LOL I agree with the above poster this is a GIANT HOAX, just like more then half of the other rubbish on ATS!!!!

Lets see if he can claw his way out of ATS, he probably wont repost and why would someone from the future come to ATS anyway!!! Is is still around then HAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Ok, just for laughs

Who will be President in 2009?

What happend the the Asteriod that is sit to hit the earth in 2035 or whatever?

What about the Mayan 2012 prediction?

What happens in Iraq this year?

Does Prince Harry Die?

Who have been the Presidents and Vice Presidents from 2009 to your time?

Who is the WWE Champion in your time?

Who is the (WWE) World Heavyweight Champion in your time?

Who is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion in your time?

Who are the major actors for the next few decades?

What happens in World War 3?

Does the NWO everycome into exsistence?

Answers these more later!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
oh damnit I forgot

What game systems do you have then?

Does Elvis ever come home?

Where are the aliens?

Does Donald Trump or Vince McMahon get there heads shaved in 2007?

DAMNIT I WANT ANSWERS!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Interesting.. most definitely a hoax, but I might as well ask some questions. First of all,

How old are you?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Who will be President in 2009? In the democratic and republican primaries, Hillary Clinton will gaint he nomination. There will be a heated contest between Rudy Guliani and the rest of the republican canidates, but Guliani will end up with the nomination.

You will have Rudy Guliani as your next president. Hillary will do horribly in the south and midwest, losing her the election (which will come a suprise on election night)

What happend the the Asteriod that is sit to hit the earth in 2035 or whatever?

No asteroid will strike the earth. There will be a close pass, but well within the 'safety' limits

What about the Mayan 2012 prediction?

I imagine you are referring to the Mayan calendar ending in 2012? Well...absolutely nothig will happen. Guess the Mayan's were wrong

What happens in Iraq this year?

The Iraq war will continue, with the United States taking up sole involvement in the situation. Osama will not be found, yet in or around October there will be news reports on his 'death', but no confirmation will be had

Does Prince Harry Die?

No.

Who is the WWE Champion in your time?

I do not stay frequent with wrestling

Who is the (WWE) World Heavyweight Champion in your time?

see above

Who is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion in your time?

see above

What happens in World War 3?

There has been no WWiii

Does the NWO everycome into exsistence?

A New World Order? no

link   
LOL im going to guess probably 12 yrs old!!!

link   

It is quite correct that I am posting from Vermont, as above I specified my location. I do not understand why that would have any bearing on my claim. I made no such mention of using 'advanced future style computers'. I am using a simple laptop, with a standard internet connection.

Since internet development becomes more advanced exponetially...I'm suprised you can even work such and old piece of hardware.

As far as DNA from a blood sample, inroads have been made in genetics that allow the scientific community to perform such procedures.

Hmmm, so the "inroads" is that they somehow don't need actual DNA? That is quite a tid bit you're glossing over. Science fiction at it's worst.

Whether I am to be believed or not is fine

That's what he said....

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am 24 years of age, having been born in the year 2021

What game systems do you have then?

Sony is on the Playstation 6, being the most successful brand

Does Elvis ever come home?

How could Elvis come home...he died. He never returned (plus..in my time he would be dead anyway..how old would he be?)

Where are the aliens?

No evidence beyond simple conjecture has ever been given to prove the existence of aliens

Does Donald Trump or Vince McMahon get there heads shaved in 2007?

I have absolutely no idea what this refers to? But Mr. Trump will be divorced from his current wife, and take an even younger bride

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Where I am at, tomorrow will be July 22, 2007. Tell me one thing of importance that will happen on that date, before it happens. Hell, I'll give you a whole week. Tell me something that happens within the next week that will be irrefutable proof that you are what you claim.

Anything, anything at all....

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Have we come up with alternate energy solutions? If not, how much does gas cost? What are cars like in your time?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Where I am at, tomorrow will be July 22, 2007. Tell me one thing of importance that will happen on that date, before it happens. Hell, I'll give you a whole week. Tell me something that happens within the next week that will be irrefutable proof that you are what you claim.

Anything, anything at all....

Im sorry, but how is it possible tomorrow will Be July 22nd for you?

In July, tension between the United States and Iran will develop beyond posturing, and Iran will in fact back down from the US.
Hows that

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join