It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G.I. Joe Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My buddy and I were watchign G.I. Joe and he had sort of an epiphany and I thought Id share it here. With the war goign on now and many soldiers who range mostly in their 20's makes it a very paussible conspiracy.

those soldiers are the same kids who grew up watching G.I Joe they have been brain washed and prepared for this current war. so that means that this war had already been planned and use cartoons as propaganda to make teh army look cool.

any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dvd500

any thoughts?

Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
what about the other toys you played with/shows you watched as a child, did those set you up for anything?

what about the toys your parents played and the shows they watched, did those set them up for anything?

toy soldiers have been around since toys themselves. G.I. Joes are merely toy soldiers

interesting theory but IMO, it holds no water

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, I do not know if that's what really happened or not. I do know that the military goes into elementary schools to plant the seeds of joining the military in young kids. My daughter is in elementary school and she has told me about the military coming to promote the services, although she gets excited about them and thinks its "cool".

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He'll fight for freedom wherever there's trouble GI Joe is there,
GI Joe, A real American Hero

Damn, all these years, and just the mention of Joe brings back the entire theme song repeating in my head.

But theres no way I'm gonna go sign up to slaughter innocents for an unjust cause to be a "real American Hero". That and the fact Im not American.

I can think of my country's theme song:

We'll serve you donuts and coffee wherever theres trouble,
GI Timmys is there

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't believe GI Joe was a set up for this particular war, but I do believe such 'toys' are good for teaching kids the 'roles' in society the ruling elites want you to follow.

Boys...Toy soldiers, toy guns etc... overly aggressive, overly competitive, war-like, soldiers.

Girls... Dolls, toy ovens, fake make-up etc... submissive, subservient, pretty, housewives.

In our ignorance we follow the patterns set up for us...

Edit: Oops my bad, I was thinking of the toy, not growing up in the US I didn't know about the comic book...lol

[edit on 22/2/2007 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I dunno but I seem to remember an episode where the Joes were going after cobra in afghanistan and they met up with osama bin laden and they portrayed him as a good guy in the episode, as a hero that fought the commies on horseback and could take out a tank with a sword.

Something allong those lines. Anyway if you could find that particular episode
that would make for a great ATS debate on GI Joe Conspiracy...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

those soldiers are the same kids who grew up watching G.I Joe they have been brain washed and prepared for this current war. so that means that this war had already been planned and use cartoons as propaganda to make teh army look cool.

No one ever dies in GI JOE. And the women are hot. Another misconception.

I do know that the military goes into elementary schools to plant the seeds of joining the military in young kids. My daughter is in elementary school and she has told me about the military coming to promote the services, although she gets excited about them and thinks its "cool".

So do the police, scientist, doctors, vets, zoo keepers, and firefighters.
Do you get my point or do I need to continue?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
G.I. Joe does not have it's roots in kid's toys. It was a comic book strip originally created for Stars and Stripes in WWII for American Servicemen, what better name for a soldier in those times than G.I. Joe. Hey if you're in theater I guess at least you can relate to the strips. Point being it was never originally intended for children, strictly military.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
when I grew up in the 70's, I had GI Joe. I watched tom and Jerry cartoons, and popeye

I should be a violent psycho with a hero complex according to your logic, and I'm just a big teddy bear.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultralo1

No one ever dies in GI JOE. And the women are hot. Another misconception.

I do know that the military goes into elementary schools to plant the seeds of joining the military in young kids. My daughter is in elementary school and she has told me about the military coming to promote the services, although she gets excited about them and thinks its "cool".

So do the police, scientist, doctors, vets, zoo keepers, and firefighters.
Do you get my point or do I need to continue?

Not at my kid's school. The school only gets military and politicians.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm not so sure... if you're going to be a soldier, you will. If not, brainwashing/selective thinking probably won't help. I am very close to enlisting, and I've thought if somehow my mind was messed with and while I think there's a small chance, if I'm needed then I'm needed and I'll do what it takes to protect people.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hmmm,

I gre up watching G.I. Joe, Maters of the Universe and the sort, and throughout my childhood I always knew that I would join the military. It's like I was supposed to. I joined the Marine Corps 2 weeks after my high school graduation. Could just be a coincidence though. I always thought that the military was something that I though I would always do, and I did.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I watched Voltron, and to this day I'm willing to pilot a lion, even tho "power rangers" put a bit of a damper on it, I'd still go to battle with the original pink and yellow rangers He He He

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Lol, Gi Joes were even more popular when I was a child than they are now.. you cant blame toy makers or cartoon makers for how people view war.
War has been glorified for many years, particularly by Hollywood. Remember the old John Wayne and other propaganda laced WW2 movies. In those movies there was nothing more romantic than being a war hero.
However, those movies would never show the true horrors of war, the bodies being blown apart right next to you, raining blood and pieces of bodies, that was once your friend, down on your head.
Even i fell for the propaganda, mostly because my dad (a Viet Nam Vet and retired Dallas Cop) would tell me things about his experiences.
I remember one day when i was about 8 yrs old, i asked him if i would have to go to war when i reached 18, i told him i was scared to go because i didnt want to die.
He told me that he would rather have a son thats a hero and dead than a son thats a coward and alive.
I missed Gulf War #1 because i was in the Coast Guard instead of the Army or Marines but the funny thing about it was that I really wanted to go and was hoping that our Cutter would be called to assist the Navy in the Persian Gulf.
Im not so much like that anymore though. My son is 13 now and i would do almost anything to keep him out of war when he reaches the legal age.

Originally posted by dvd500
My buddy and I were watchign G.I. Joe and he had sort of an epiphany and I thought Id share it here. With the war goign on now and many soldiers who range mostly in their 20's makes it a very paussible conspiracy.

any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Remember COBRA? The terrorist organization bent on rulling the world? In the comic book, they were based in "springfield" U.S.A. all underground like then got thier own island. In the t.v. series, their base was constantly on the move. Their leader was Serpentor (cobra cammander was the first leader), a leader cloned from all the tyrants of history. Anyone else see any simularities? I love the 80s!

top topics

join