It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popo Bawa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
In Tanzania, many sexual attacks are being blamed on a "bat demon" that goes by the way of Popo Bawa

The being turns from a bat into a man at night and..well attacks

link goes to story

This is probably the first time that I've heard of a cryptid raping people
especially of both genders...

Interesting, eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The story goes that the bat is able to transform itself into a man at night and it has also been blamed for rapes of women

I dont understand why you think it also rapes men, i cant find that in the article? It obviously is just likely a group of men who hide behind supersition and folklore as a disguise to rape women. Pathetic

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
from the article:

Some men are staying awake or sleeping in groups outside their homes. Others are smearing themselves with pig's oil, believing this repels attacks.

why would men be going through protective measures if "Popo Bawa" isn't supposedly attacking them?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The article does seem to suggest that the men are sleeping outside to avoid "sexual attacks". But as I read the article, I was wondering if perhaps the men are afraid of penis snatching. I am not saying that to be funny, there are some mythical creatures in Africsa that are said to snatch the penis of their victims.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Reminds me of a South African mythical creature - the tokkelosh - which also has a very strong sexual connotation, and are also known for raping women. (South Africa and Tanzania is about 800 kms/500 miles apart) The description differs a bit though. I wonder if such creatures are "created" to hide the identity of men that actually raped women, or maybe there's something more sinister to it?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Reminds me of a South African mythical creature - the tokkeloshI wonder if such creatures are "created" to hide the identity of men that actually raped women, or maybe there's something more sinister to it?

Good point. I was thinking the same thing. Makes you wonder if sexual offenders actually increase their rapings, due to now having a cover...

top topics

join