It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen colors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
so glasses tinted with a certain shade of color can actually enhance your vision?! now that is amazing! our bodies work in such mysterious ways sometimes and tinting your glasses a certain color to help you read proves it! thank you for the link, koka

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Although not directly related you may find this of interest.

Colorimetry

A few years ago, I was helping a high school student with his math. He was very dyslexic, reversing numbers, and his problems sprawled all over the page, making computation difficult if not outright impossible. He was using the usual school pencil (graphite) but one day had forgotten his pencil. I had heard about the color overlays, so I thought to have him give colored pencils a try. To his amazement, his written work became neat and he reversed numbers less. I forgot which colors he chose to work with, but he did use certain colors.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Biotic..

Do you think it would ever be possable to totally down load 'self' into a machine?

Two things -
1. every single bit of 'data' ever absorbed by your/ones grey matter (right from the millisecond those two gametes bumped into each other forming that zygote you sprung from) and
2. whatever it is that channels that wee chemical reaction to the point where we are all able to scratch our arse and think about it.

If it were ever possable to do that, then it may be possable to 'operate' on identical systems - there by totally sucking out any possable poetry in the age old question; dude, whats that smell?

And also wot red looks like

[edit on 21/2/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
here's one link that i found:

extra color cone

it's quite interesting
how would you explain green to someone who can't see it?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
wow desert, now thats really something.. thank you for sharing, very cool

now_then, i believe this IS possible but we as humans, with this human brain seem to be a bit restricted, IMO.

instead of having 5 sences how cool would it be just to have 1 sence.. one universal sence that proccess everything.. kinda hard to think about but i think it could happen, just not to us in these bodies here and now

thanks for the link madnessinmysoul

[edit on 21-2-2007 by biotic]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I posted something like this in another thread. Some of my thoughts had to do with how our brain interprets the signals from our eye. Might it be posible for the brain somehow create the sense of a totally different color. Not saying it is likely, but maybe under certain conditions.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
One sense - y'know, maybe one reality. Bit like binary, 1 or 0.

1 = World smells of roses etc.

0 = Nothing.

Could life really be all or nothing?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
no, no, its the complete opposite!! life is EVERYTHING!!

i like this one sence, one reality idea tho.. this is good stuff, interesting stuff!! what if we could process sight, sound, touch, taste and smell through one sence. i think it would be a bit like the effects one feels while tripping on '___'(if i may) but just a bit more complex

if only my brain were complex enough to understand!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravelMight it be posible for the brain somehow create the sense of a totally different color.

hypothetically speaking, would this be a totally new color that we've never seen before or a color we're familiar with? what do yuo think?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
One sense - y'know, maybe one reality. Bit like binary, 1 or 0.

1 = World smells of roses etc.

0 = Nothing.

Could life really be all or nothing?

Depends if the only thing that is important to you is you, or if you realize that other people are important in order for you to be important.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've heard that during certain astral projections, colors are much brighter and varied than in normal physical life. They can also be smelled, felt and tasted. Kinglizard's near death experience is an example of that. If I'm not mistaken he was able to smell colors after he died.

Edit: Nope... He said he could smell objects just by looking at them.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-2-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
Human eyes can only perceive certain spots in the electromagnetic spectrum. We here other points, and feel other points. It's all energy.

But there are cases where some humans see sound as colors, or taste colors. Just their senses picking up frequencies they aren't normally evolved to pick up.

Uh, wrong. Sound is not light. Light is photons. Sound is vibrations in a medium (air in most cases, but it can travel through liquids and solids as well).

So photons don't vibrate?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Dude I think our brains are complicated enough, bet if I could use all my brains I think i could fly! - cant tho, mental slave

Always thought if I could take one step back, you know a shade more primitive life would be better, BTW gotta pay magistrates £60 for having a err, urinating, ahem in a lane money sucks (ps money really sucks to at least the tune 60x150 atm) We are not allowed to use our brains, sheeple is a word that gets used a lot, for a reason.

Free your mind? Why do you think weed is illegal and all that crap in the food and drink is?

spirital / financial / mental slave. All but physical.
sucks.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

well, I would think physics apply equally in all points of the universe (except maybe black holes
)

I personally think that's a pretty big assumption to make, but its an assumption science makes often - it's like the way scientists talk about whether or not a planet is 'capable of supporting life'. We don't really know what life is capable of on other planets, and I think the same goes for physics. But that's by the by.

But who knows, maybe there are beings out there who 'taste' colors, and view things in the 'radio' frequencies, and 'feel' x-rays and gamma rays. It's all just what your senses pick up.

Apparently all people can see X-rays under the right conditions. I had read somewhere that the person who discovered X-rays was able to see them, but at the time (or due to the inference of the article I read) I thought that was a phenomena unique to the discoverer. According to Wikipedia this is not true - X-rays are visible by all if viewed in the correct environment.

While generally considered invisible to the human eye, in special circumstances X-rays can be visible. Brandes, in an experiment a short time after Röntgen's landmark 1895 paper, reported after dark adaptation and placing his eye close to an X-ray tube, seeing a faint "blue-gray" glow which seemed to originate within the eye itself

Source

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
In an art course I took, so long ago I'll never admit to it, the class took a test to see how many colors we could perceive. They gave us sheets of colors - green, red and blue - to look at. We had to mark the boundaries between colors. It turned out that some could see more shades of a color than others. The difference from person to person was quite dramatic. To me the sheets were lots of small squares with slightly different shades of the main color. To others the squares were much larger meaning they could not see as many shades. I'm not good for much else but it turned out I can differentiate between lots more colors than average. Of course none of them were as great as what I saw in the late 60's and early 70's after a dose of ... (better not admit to that, eh :@@

On a serious note...
...Interesting concept. How would we know if there are colors we can't see? I'm still trying to figure out how they know a dog sees in a monochrome brown and how did they prove that?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
hypothetically speaking, would this be a totally new color that we've never seen before or a color we're familiar with? what do yuo think?

I would have to be total new, can't be a familiar one. If this were to occur though, I suspect may brain would also be serving up some other quite odd things. This might explain some of the world others see...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
On a serious note...
...Interesting concept. How would we know if there are colors we can't see? I'm still trying to figure out how they know a dog sees in a monochrome brown and how did they prove that?

They asked him!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Actually we know that is not true, but dogs ARE color blind, they see in two colors instead of three exactly the same as some color blind people. The difference between a dogs eyes and ours is that a dog has fewer cones (collect color) and more rods (collect light) so a dog sees colors about like a color blind person, and sees at night about like a person using night vision goggles.

this seems a good awnswer!
answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Funnily enough, I was talking about this with my fiancee the other day, about new and exciting colours that humans cannot see.

I believe there are new colours out there yet to be discovered.

Don't believe Stephen H, just because he is a weirdo in a wheelchair that types with his butt doesn't mean he is right, he's just had a LOOOONG time to think about stuff.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Unrealised]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Dude I think our brains are complicated enough, bet if I could use all my brains I think i could fly! - cant tho, mental slave

Free your mind? Why do you think weed is illegal and all that crap in the food and drink is?

spirital / financial / mental slave. All but physical.
sucks.

this is percisley what i was trying to say i may have just worded it poorly

Originally posted by Blaine91555

On a serious note...

strange to think about isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join