It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Ships $12bn to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I just came across this story and found it hard to believe.

This is one incredible story. Why would the US send $12 billion dollars worth of shrink wrapped $100 dollars bills into a war zone? Better yet, why? It is said the money was not tax payer's money so it shouldn't matter.

You really must read this article

One CPA official described an environment awash in $100 bills,” the memorandum says. “One contractor received a $2-million payment in a duffel bag stuffed with shrink-wrapped bundles of currency. Auditors discovered that the key to a vault was kept in an unsecured backpack

The memorandum concludes: “Many of the funds appear to have been lost to corruption and waste ... thousands of ‘ghost employees’ were receiving pay cheques from Iraqi ministries under the CPA’s control. Some of the funds could have enriched both criminals and insurgents fighting the US.

[edit on 2/21/2007 by dirty_underground]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is ooold news.

As stated in your link the transfer occurred in 2004. To the best of my knowledge it was reported to the media in the last quarter of 2005. I wasn't at ATS then and a search doesn't bring up any results from then.

I think it was in November or December 2005 I read about it Danish media, an account about US personal playing football with bales of dollars. Only natural if someone brought home one or two as souvenir.

Of course it has been suppressed with all the power of US media, but in January it surfaced again and was covered on ATS, I think in more than the three threads I bring here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thank you for the information. I was sure it had been covered but couldn't find it on a search. I knew I could find some answers this way.

Thanks again. I guess I'm just digging up bones here!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
how else can you keep a phoney war rolling than by bank-rolling your enemy to the tune of several $BILLION go buy more waepons to keep up the good fight. The longer the war goes on, the more money made by the military industrialists and oil-brokers. All you need from time to time is to ferment nationalist dissent by blowing up both Sunni and Shia to hide behind and carry on as usual

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I bet a considerable amount of all those money has ended up in Iran as payment for weapons.

Yeah, what's the point of fighting a war if the other part have no weapons.

Someone in one of the other threads suggested they should have dropped them from planes over Iraq. 12.000.000.000 makes up 120 million 100$ bills, more than 2 for every man, woman and child still alive in Iraq.

Guess it could have calmed down things a bit.

No, they should have given them to the Iranians to fight the Sunnies in Iraq, would have spared American blood.

The road to peace in Iraq goes through Teheran, the Baker commission stated, but the US has no good strategist these days.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I just can't believe I didn't know about this story earlier. They really do a good job of sweeping things under the rug.

new topics

top topics

join