It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Movie: 1984

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I did a search to see if this was posted before, I hope it was not.

video.google.com...

edit- this movie is not PG, and the link may need to be removed by the mods.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by hoppy]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wish I could watch that. But my poor dialup connection would throw a fit.

But I did read the book many years ago. Wish I still had it.

to George Orwell.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have this movie on a disc but have not had the chance to watch it.

What exactly is it about, I mean, like how does it tie in with ATS, conspiracies, or aliens, as it's a movie and not a documentary, right?

Like I said I could find an answer by just watching it, but if someone has already seen it then it'd be far easier for me as I don't have the time atm.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
hey fluffy, check this out...

re: George Orwell 1984

www.online-literature.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Excellent movie, if it's the one with Richard Burton and John Hurt.

In a nutshell, this is George Orwell's classic futuristic tale of a civilization that has taken a decidedly totalitarian turn. Everyone is a drone of the state, individual thought is pretty much banned, conversations (when they occur) are pure state propaganda, and love is outlawed. A state employee (whose job is rewriting history) has rebellious thoughts and falls in love with a woman. Of course, his every move is monitored by "Big Brother" (this story, incidentally, is where the term Big Brother originated), and he and his lover are turned over to the Ministry of Love for rehabilitation... Which consists of unrelenting torture and brainwashing.

There's no happy ending to the story, so don't get your hopes up. For more of same, see Terry Gilliam's extremely dark comedy "Brazil"... For more of same with a happier ending, see "V for Vendetta"

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Nice finding!!!... I love the book as much as the movie

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow, double post. Not my fault.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Here's a bit of trivia that I found eerily ironic. John Hurt, who played the unfortunate state employee Winston Smith in the really great movie adaptation of 1984, also played the part of Adam Sutler in the movie V for Vendetta... Adam Sutler (aka Adam Susan) was the malevolent leader of the ruthless dictatorship that V was trying to bring down.

The irony is that actor John Hurt had the opportunity to play both sides of the futuristic dictator/slave scenario. His portrayal of the horribly tortured Winston Smith in 1984 was riveting, chilling, heartbreaking; his portrayal of Adam Sutler in V for Vendetta was the epitome of "Big Brother," censoring free thought and bellowing ominous commands from his oversized telecom screen.

A really interesting opportunity for a really great actor. I've wondered if John Hurt ever spoke about the two roles in a single interview.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
how could anyone be on this forum & not have read 1984?!

should be required reading before being allowed an account, a quiz even

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

We're sorry, but this video may not be available.

Try refreshing the page to see this video.

To see more videos visit our home page

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
great book and movie, to bad they took it down

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
'1984' is a really powerful piece of cinema.

John Hurt is simply magnificent in this film.

"I hate purity, I hate goodness / I don't want virtue to exist anywhere / I want everyone corrupt." Winston Smith (John Hurt)

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
video.google.com...

Alex Jones doing a documentery on George Orwell's 1984. Must read for anyone intersting in any Alex Jone's material or anything about Big ... all » Brother.

heres alex jones talking about the 1984 book and shows a little of the movie....does anybody know where we can view the whole movie?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Great movie - better book!

Eric Blair's (George Orwell) life story is as fascinating as his masterpiece novel.

I can't wait!

new topics

top topics

join