It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Several funny sea creatures

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just wanted to post this video I found. Havent seen the compilation in here, so here goes:

I especially like the third one!
Look awesome!

In it is also footage of the "Alien fish caught by russians, who ate if afterwards! Gasp!" and "The fish with the human head! Gasp!" and a few more. ^^




posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The third one is the famous 'Champ' footage isn't it? (EDIT: probably not, thinking of the wrong video
) There was a thread about all the copies of it disappearing on this very forum not long ago.

Nice compilation, good find.


[edit on 21-2-2007 by fooffstarr]



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
First - a koi carp in bad lighting. You can even see the barbels.
Second - a devilfish (a sort of skate)
Third - viral publicity crap. That's a model of one of the armored fish-types that died out in the Devonian. It pops up again a few more times in the footage, but it's just a model. A good one, though.
Fourth - a rare deep-sea shark in its last throes of death, then on display aftr dying.
Fifth: Shark. Neat and ugly, not sure what kind.
Sixth: Not sure. Looks like some tropical Anabantoid fish. Neat and pretty!
Seventh: That model fish again
Eighth: Some sort of toadfish or anglerfish.



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm very skeptical about the big serpent-like fish. It just looks too good to be true. Plus, it's in very shallow water and something that big and long doesn't look like it would have any business being so close to shore. But it's absolutely adorable and cute as hell and I want to give it a big hug nonetheless. I'd rather swim with a big one of those than a dolphin any day. What is it (a model of)?



posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
First - a koi carp in bad lighting. You can even see the barbels.

In this thread we actually discuss that fish. Its the result of a genetic experiment, with artificial semination.
But one of them used IS a carp.


And baah... I meant the 4th one, not the 3rd one, when I wrote one of them was particular interesting..



posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I think the 'un-identified shark' someone mentioned is acutually a 'Goblin Shark'.


Mitsukurina owstoni is found in the deep ocean, far below where the sun's light can reach at depths greater than 200 meters. They can be found throughout the world...


Goblin Shark

Not all that uncommon, just a tad bit rare.



posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
I think the 'un-identified shark' someone mentioned is acutually a 'Goblin Shark'.


Mitsukurina owstoni is found in the deep ocean, far below where the sun's light can reach at depths greater than 200 meters. They can be found throughout the world...


Goblin Shark

Not all that uncommon, just a tad bit rare.


No, it definately doesnt look like that. And the physiology is definately different. But I do agree that it is some kind of shark species.



posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That shark in shallow water looks just like the one they just caught in Japan.



posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ohh. The one I was talking about is a frilled shark (Chlamydoselachus anguineus).

Last Frilled Shark found in Awashima Marine Park in Numazu: January 24, 2007
Illustration
Preserved Frilled Shark (Japan)

I have a phobia of big fish (I'm not kidding); they are the epitome of my fear and I would literally have convulsions if I saw one face to face, but wow! Just wow! They just look so cute like they're going "Waaahhh look ouuut! I'm a big one!"



posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
First - a koi carp in bad lighting. You can even see the barbels.
Second - a devilfish (a sort of skate)
Third - viral publicity crap. That's a model of one of the armored fish-types that died out in the Devonian. It pops up again a few more times in the footage, but it's just a model. A good one, though.
Fourth - a rare deep-sea shark in its last throes of death, then on display aftr dying.
Fifth: Shark. Neat and ugly, not sure what kind.
Sixth: Not sure. Looks like some tropical Anabantoid fish. Neat and pretty!
Seventh: That model fish again
Eighth: Some sort of toadfish or anglerfish.


Wow. You sure know how to ruin a party. Party crapper!!




posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
Ohh. The one I was talking about is a frilled shark (Chlamydoselachus anguineus).

Last Frilled Shark found in Awashima Marine Park in Numazu: January 24, 2007
Illustration
Preserved Frilled Shark (Japan)

I have a phobia of big fish (I'm not kidding); they are the epitome of my fear and I would literally have convulsions if I saw one face to face, but wow! Just wow! They just look so cute like they're going "Waaahhh look ouuut! I'm a big one!"


LOL and you know how to start one!!



posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
And the dead brown fish with the ruler is also a frilled shark in Japan. :]



posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Would be nice if people could actually realise that there's a lot of strange fish in our seas, and that everything that gets pulled up isnt "alien fish"...



posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hehe, sorry to have been a party pooper.

Personally these "viral marketing" stunts are starting to really peeve me off.



posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Do you think its possible that some of these are simply anomalies? I know the long serpent-like shark is real, wasnt it discovered in early 2005?

[edit on 24-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]



posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
the last one like KFC AD~ a chicken walk without a head~



posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Hehe, sorry to have been a party pooper.

Personally these "viral marketing" stunts are starting to really peeve me off.

Agreed!

Do you know which marketing campaign it was part of?



posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
same with Parathesia, or however you say your name
, I would have a heart attack, the thought of being trapped out at sea surrounded by sharks freaks me out, even thought it would be an awesome way to go
, or you could just ride them to land,lol



posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomanianDacianHun
Do you think its possible that some of these are simply anomalies? I know the long serpent-like shark is real, wasnt it discovered in early 2005?

[edit on 24-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]


Early 2007, believe it or not. January 21, 2007 in Awashima Marine Park in Japan to be exact.

Read more about it here.



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
These are more scarry than funny

Still, it's interesting to see stuff you never seen b4



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join