It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming not all doom and gloom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If this is what global warming / Climate Change is going to do to our part of the world "WELCOME climte change" bring it on guys.

Global warming not all doom and gloom

I am a bit sick of cold winters that don't produce enough snow for sking. Too cold all year round to do any swimming in the ocean.

So if the southern part of new zealand becomes more like the Mediterranean I will not be complaining.

Has anyone else read reports like this for there area in the world...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yes. Many studies have speculated on the upside of global warming.

Some land presently unsuitable for agriculture would become arable, possibly more than enough to offset the amount lost to rising sea levels. Some marginal lands would become more productive, some would go the other way and become unproductive. Food production patterns would shift, but the overall global food supply may increase.

The IPCC now says global warming is inevitable and irreversible regardless of any major international actions so adaptation is the preferred and recommended course. Any further attempts at stopping global warming is futile and a waste of resources. Change is coming whether we like or not. We have a choice to embrace change as a challenge, or just cry and moan in despair as we rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. Personally, I choose the former over the latter. I have decided to look forward to global warming as an opportunity. I feel sorry for the rest.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by dave_54]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I quite like the idea of the gulf stream shutting off so we don't need to go to Europe to ski. That way we could do it pretty much from our doors, although a large improvement on our road snow handling system would be useful.

Plus, I hate really hot weather.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
I quite like the idea of the gulf stream shutting off so we don't need to go to Europe to ski. That way we could do it pretty much from our doors, although a large improvement on our road snow handling system would be useful.

Plus, I hate really hot weather.

Me too. Unfortunately I can't see it happening - we've been cursed with the worst possible outcome: mild winters and hot summers

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Are you sure? Oh damn, maybe I'll have to move to Iceland or Norway.

I can't really think of many upsides to Global warming, although some of the "solutions" like sulphur filled rockets are good for a laugh.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Man! Global warming is so cool! When the sea level rises as high as they say it is, I'm going to have beachfront property!
C'mon Exxon, hurry up and spew out those hydrocarbons! I'm tired of living in the woods.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've been searching for some types of maps that show all areas and what the climate change would bring to a specific region. Im in So Cal, anyone have any idea what kind of change Im in for? Or does anyone have any good links to maps? Also I was thinking of the reverse situation of Ice age. What would our landscape look like?

Right now winters are mild, cold once in a while. We had a snow sprinkle last year in March which our neighbors said was "wild" but I see snow sitting on top of the mountain behind our house and its close! Not many people in So cal have the view we have. We are on the side of a mountain in Local Los Angeles range, San Gabriel and Santa Monica.

Summers are HOT to unbearable. It was over 105 for a week this past July.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Try this link for sealevel changes. Some guy using Nasa data and google maps.
Does Current sealevel to +14metres

Sealevel Map thingy?

Not the most accurate I believe buts give a general idea???

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
er... is this a joke?

So while people in poorer country's (who cant afford to jet off to other places) loose their homes to raising seas, agricultural land to draught, and lives to hunger... Its ok cos we can sun bathe??

i hope that im mistaken and this thread is posted as sarcasm

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I can think of a benefit from global warming for Canada. Once the Ice melts it will open up the Earth to more diamond and oil resources and will boost the economy. However Arctic Sovereignty is always an issue and I'm sure other nations will try to make claims of Canadian land.

top topics

join