It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth bill makes declaring martial law easier

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

There is a bipartisan bill, introduced by Senators Patrick Leahy, Democrat of Vermont, and Christopher Bond, Republican of Missouri, and backed unanimously by the nation's governors, that would repeal the stealthy revisions. Congress should pass it. If changes of this kind are proposed in the future, they must get a full and open debate.

is there any way to keep up with this?

Is this just a simple placation until such time as we forget about it?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by jsobecky
Perhaps you don't remember what happened with Katrina. People DIED because the governor and the mayor were incompetent.

People died because the levees broke and the levees were built by a federal group who built them to substandard levels.

No, niteboy, people died because your governor and mayor sat there with their thumbs up their butts instead of calling in the NG and dispatching the buses. And I don't care if you live there or not; it doesn't make you an expert.

No one held a gun to your president's head and made him say he was going to solve the problems. If he couldn't help in the first place, he never should have said he would. Your president got blamed because he was telling everyone about what a great job Brownie did, and how he was sending aid down immediately. He didn't have to say those things, if he didn't want to get involved he should have kept his mouth shut.

Well, maybe he had to get involved, because you can't seem to elect any competent politicians that can do the job.

And what's with the "your president" garbage? Supposed to make you some kind of "true patriot" or something? I'll bet you were happy when "my president" was dishing out the free cash down there, weren't you?

It's not a right that should be held by a president? Then the next time your swamp overflows, don't call Washington, OK? Call Nagin.

DUH!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well, maybe he had to get involved, because you can't seem to elect any competent politicians that can do the job.

That is one of the most dangerous statements I have read here at ATS.

It's not a right that should be held by a president? Then the next time your swamp overflows, don't call Washington, OK? Call Nagin.

Nagin was re-elected,by the people, but I guess those election results aren't good enough for you and the rest of those that want a federal dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Nagin was re-elected,by the people, but I guess those election results aren't good enough for you and the rest of those that want a federal dictatorship.

Well, what do you want, jsobecky and his pairs are for military dictatorship with no constitution, and war on all those who oppose Bush's will.

Seriously jsobecky, stop the BS, stop giving more power to those who wants it, the FEDs. You never give power to those who wants it, especially when they are liars and criminals like this administration is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join