It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide bomber in burka in uk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Can I assume from this that you are not a supporter of the Iraqi war or that you disagreed with the initial invasion, or is this just a general statement on how you believe the US and UK normally behave?

Indeed i for one never supported the Iraq invasion or the ongoing war, but we are there now and must make good as best we can.
On anther note the us/uk have commited atrocities in the past and present, i sincerely believe our governments were mislead in regards to the Iraq war. to put it another way the invisible hand that moves governments the world over never seems to move without its hands clenched in a fist and always against the weaker nations and never outsreched to help.

Spuggy

there are plenty of British Muslims, why shouldn't they wear Their religous garments ? Islam is a theology, it's not attached to race, colour or geographical location.

Indeed islam is not attached to race etc and the burka is a custom or tradition it was never requiered by the Quaran nor shall it ever be.

You may as well ban shades or hats or scarves.

Shades hats and scarves all serve lagitamate purposes.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Personally I believe that personal choice and cultural identity are justifiable purposes.
You should maybe talk to some of the many Muslim women who want to wear the full Burka, it's actually become a highly popular fashion statement especially amoung girls in their late teens early 20's

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spuggy
Personally I believe that personal choice and cultural identity are justifiable purposes.
You should maybe talk to some of the many Muslim women who want to wear the full Burka, it's actually become a highly popular fashion statement especially amoung girls in their late teens early 20's

Don't you mean political statement ?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
no, I meant fashion statement.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spuggy
no, I meant fashion statement.

A Pakistani minister and woman’s activist was shot dead Tuesday by an Islamic extremist for refusing to wear the veil.
Source

Please review link, ddo we want this on our streets ?

I know some women wear it by choice but what about the ones that don't have any choice other than a terrible beaten or death. ?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"terrible beating or death. ? "

So by your logic, if a woman goes out wearing a mini skirt and gets raped, she's at fault for choosing to provoke the attack not the guy who raped her ?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2
Please review link, ddo we want this on our streets ?

I know some women wear it by choice but what about the ones that don't have any choice other than a terrible beaten or death. ?

Please stop making references to Saudi and Pakistan. Their systems dont even remotely equal the systems here so provide absoltely no comparison.

Britain is multicultural and for most things secular. A woman not wearing the veil would not provoke the same response here as it would in an Islamic country so why are you saying do we want this on our streets?

As ive already stated, I think racial tensions would only be hightened by banning the veil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join