It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: US wants to leave Iraq 'with honor'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Respect for murdering Iraqis in Iraq!!! I don't respect that.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
When did Cheney ever have honor? I don't think he speaks for the majority of American, since last time i checked the majority of Americans wanted our troops back home as soon as possible.

I think the whole game about fighting over there so we don't have to fight over here is nonsense. If they took those hundreds of billions of dollars spent on the war and used that instead to make our country safer against foreign threats, then we wouldnt' really have to worry about them coming here, would we?

CX

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by jsobecky
I think Dick Cheney speaks for the majority of Americans when he says that we want our troops to return with honor. Think of the impact on them if they left with their tails tucked between their legs.

yeah, like the brits when they surrendered?
I pray that doesnt happen to us.

Lost me there
When did the brits surrender? Got a link to that statement please?

CX.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
and who did the Brits surrender to exactly???

And what you mean you hope it doesn't happen to "us", who is "us", are you fighting in Iraq, and if so explain why and what you hope to achieve by it?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
It does not matter if you was for or against the war, our troops need the respect for doing a job that the majority of the public do not support.

You have voted infinite for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Onto the topic at hand.
Leaving Iraq with honour translated means were the rise of an Islamic regime in Iraq will be delayed until Bush and co has left office. Cheney has admitted defeat in Iraq.

Once an Islamic regime comes to power in Iraq the US influence in the region will be curtailed and the progress towards democracy in the region will have been set back 100 years.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The war was WORTH it

For all those who seem to be blindly following the Democratic mind control via media outlets, take a look at whats really going on in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ignore XphilesPhan,
he has basically gone to the other thread about this and posted the same thing just to try and get more attention (no change there).

i am glad that everyone in this thread has basically ignored his comments and not let him try to trash another thread.

even though you are on my ignore list...i'll bite. You tend to troll most threads about the British just to cause problems. So, me and you buddy, ATS debate on Britain, its history, including its military, empire and society. Think we are bad? prove it once and for all...i'll contact the mods to set up an ATS debate.

put up or shut up....

back to the topic...
lets try to move away from the pro-war or anti-war camp.

Troop safety is important and the guys do deserve some honour, no matter what your view of the war is/was.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

For all those who seem to be blindly following the Democratic mind control via media outlets, take a look at whats really going on in Iraq.

Sorry Rockpuck, but liberation of Iraq was the entire nation as a whole not the one tribe that has always been alienated front the rest of the population and the nation of Iraq.

The Kurdish took possession of the lands that now control thanks to the invasion and there they have become their own nation, they want nothing to do with the rest of Iraq. . . including any intervention from the US . . . but they are greatful for the monetary incentives and promises of Oil revenues . . . onces the rest of Iraq settler down or is not longer any Iraqis to fight anymore . . .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join