It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: US wants to leave Iraq 'with honor'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Cheney: US wants to leave Iraq 'with honor'

Source Link: www.abs-cbnnews.com

TOKYO (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney said on Wednesday the United States wants to finish its mission in Iraq and "return with honor", despite the war's growing unpopularity at home and doubts among U.S. allies.

Cheney, whose visit to Tokyo comes just weeks after Japan's defense minister said starting the Iraq war was a mistake, also insisted Americans would not back a "policy of retreat".

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This reminds me of the late Ex US President Nixon's promise to bring "peace with honor". This word was used to build up the armed forces of US ally South Vietnam until they could take responsibility for their own defense.

Known as "The Nixon Doctrine", when applied to Vietnam, became known as "Vietnamization"

Although there is a difference in the situation in Iraq, I wonder how this can be achieved here.

Dick Cheney:

"We know that if we leave Iraq before the mission is completed, the enemy is going to come after us,"

Dick Cheney:

And I want you to know that the American people will not support a policy of retreat," he added. "We want to complete the mission, we want to get it done right, and we want to return with honor,"

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The man who has no honor, draft dodger and liar, wants our soldiers to leave with honor.. How ironic!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think Dick Cheney speaks for the majority of Americans when he says that we want our troops to return with honor. Think of the impact on them if they left with their tails tucked between their legs.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I think Dick Cheney speaks for the majority of Americans when he says that we want our troops to return with honor. Think of the impact on them if they left with their tails tucked between their legs.

yeah, like the brits when they surrendered?
I pray that doesnt happen to us.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yes he wants our country to return with contracts and the rights to the Iraqi oil I mean honor, so the outrageous spending that our present administration has committed to Iraq with our tax money will not look for what it is . . .

Nothing more than a comment from one of the biggest player on the war in Iraq. . .

I imagine him losing face in front of the oil barons if he doesn't get the booty.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I don't think there are very many US citizens or world citizens for that matter who do not support the actual troops over there.

I think what Cheney really means is he wants to bring them home without hisself being dishonored for such a bad foreign policy. Is he confused between the difference between our support for the troops and our support for the leadership in Washington?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We blew the whole honor thing when we invaded on phony fabricated and trumped up grounds to begin with and nothing we have done since has made it any better. There is no honor in being wrong to begin with.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Too Late Dick.

Too Little, Too Late.

US can never leave Iraq now.

But wasn't that Your plan in the first place ey Dickie?

So who are you fooling with statements like this?

It is your Wettest dream come true!

Whats wrong now Dick?

Not Happy anymore?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If we were concerned about "honor" we should have never gone in in the first place. Even if we withdraw tomorrow, in the eyes of much of the planet, our "honor" is long gone.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
If we were concerned about "honor" we should have never gone in in the first place. Even if we withdraw tomorrow, in the eyes of much of the planet, our "honor" is long gone.

Honor isnt something that is found in another man's eye, it's found in your heart, in your very soul.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm trying not to make this a one line post, but as to the idea of leaving Iraq with honor...

it's a bit late for that....

PS and that's not the fault of the troops for sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Cheney dreams and what a dream indeed, is honor involved? you bet that honor is the last thing of Dicky's mind . . .

Leave to him and Iraq will become a maze of dripping oil pipes that will be criss crossing the pristine sands of the Iraqi nation all in the name of energy needs . . .

Go cheney, Go cheney he is the oil man, "I mean the man"

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Cheney said to "complete the mission"

What exactly is the "mission"

Saddams dead!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Except the majority is now the Liberal left which has no intention of staying in Iraq. They have NO battle plan what so ever.. except run away.
Weak.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Only far-right true believers still think everyone opposed to the Iraq War is of the "liberal left"

As far as a "battleplan" goes, here's one: don't stick your foot in the damn bear trap in the first place.

Oops. Too late...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The US needs to come down hand on the Iraqi's. You guys are in the worse areas of Iraq, you need to demand that the Iraqi government crack down or you are out.

America has to threaten to walk out.

and lets not turn this into a left vs right arguement.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Any troops over there regardless of what nation they come from, they should all come back with honour, for the majority of them they have done what they was asked to do........go fight.

As for the politicians, best excuse for a dirty nuclear bomb that lot

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Cheney is a man with no shame. "leave with honour" We Will F*** Up Your Country, make billions of dollars in various contracts and after we have had our fill we will leave...with honour. The war in Iraq was the most dishonourable act. Why aren't those in power being quized more about the lies they told to start the war in the first place. Everyone knows Iraq never had WMD's.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It does not matter if you was for or against the war, our troops need the respect for doing a job that the majority of the public do not support.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join