It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran official: U.S. and Iran are 'natural allies'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Iran official: U.S. and Iran are 'natural allies'

Source Link: www.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- As I sat down recently with a senior Iranian government official, he urgently waved a column by Thomas Friedman of The New York Times in my face, one about how the United States and Iran need to engage each other.

''Natural allies,'' this official said.

It was a surprising choice of words considering the barbs Washington and Tehran have been trading of late.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The quoted stament below are a bit surprising. Well, at least for me.

What do others think?

"We are natural allies. Why?" he said. "Because now the major threat for both Iran and the U.S.A. is al Qaeda."

He said al Qaeda had attacked the "symbol of our faith" when it struck the Golden Dome mosque -- the Al-Askariya Mosque -- in the Iraqi city of Samarra last February, setting off much of the sectarian violence that has plagued the war-torn nation over the last year. Similarly, he said, al Qaeda struck the "symbols of American power" on 9/11.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
as for me, i wish more people in both administrations felt the way he does.

am i alone on this?

i mean i was in the army a long time...i have no grudge against the people of iran. the ones ive met personally were wonderful people.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The road to peace in Iraq goes through Teheran, as stated by the Baker commission. Simple as that.

IF the warmongers in Washington want peace. Not sure about that.

top topics

join