It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of Three Gets 2 Years in Prision For Throwing Ice

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The 25-year-old military wife convicted of throwing a cup of ice into a car that cut her off on Interstate 95 in Virginia has been sentenced to probation.

A jury had recommended that Hall serve two years in prison, but the judge noted today that Hall has no criminal record and placed her on probation for the felony conviction.

news.aol.com... ets-probation/20070221074909990001

chill out.... she's not going to prison... she'll be fine as long as she is a good girl while on probation...

News title is misleading... just like the news wanting to sensationalize everything...

[edit on 21-2-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well thats good for the children, and her.

I still can't believe how they would even think about giving her a two year sentence in the first place.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Witness our first real "Police State" - the state of Texas. Any concidence that our Dunce in Chief is from there? This is the model that will roll out to the rest of this ratsh*t infested country in the near future. You're beginning to see it more and more often all across the country. I'll tell you, the punishment stopped fitting the crime about 2 decades ago. Rapists serve less time than this mother of three will serve!

I believe that they are slowly prepapring us for the coming police state. Jailing people for stupid, mundane crimes that have hurt no one. This isn't a criminal issue, this is a bad manners issue. Bad manners like spitting on the sidewalk, cursing someone out in public - in front of children, littering, loitering or creating a general nuisance absent assault or battery are more and more often being punished by prison time. Appalling!

This is programming people. They are slowly getting you to accept that people will be jailed for not subscribing to government mandated behavorial proptocols. Soon you will be jailed for simple dissent, voicing an unpopular opinion, practicing personal beliefs etc... Simply put, private jails and their executives are getting filthy rich by collectiong YOUR tax dollars to house, feed, cloth and care for otherwise innocent people.

Let's be clear on this particular incident. Her behavior was appalling. She set a horrible example for her children. She over-reacted to the situation. But jail time? Perhaps probation until she successfully completed and documented the completion of an anger management course would be a more fitting sentence. Is there no common sense remaining in our judicial system?

On a final note, Texas is a DUMP!!! A cockroach infested, sweltering wasteland over-run with illegal immigrants! What's worse is the attitude of the people that live there; "Don't mess with Texas", "Everything is bigger in Texas" etc... The only thing I see is a lack of commen sense coming out of Texas. I think one way to solve the illegal immigration problem is to give Texas right back to Mexico. They can have it - along with a good portion of it's ignorant population!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
No, Texans aren't racist at all[/sarcasm]

www.texasnaacp.org...

Oh, yeah, how could I forget. That means all of us down here are racists, just waiting to kill ourselves some random minority.

You stupid putz. I'm a Native American, first off. AKA a minority among minorities.

Secondly, in your post, you implicated ME as the person committing a Ford Keel-Hauling, not this Lawrence Russell Brewer criminal. Frankly, if you were standing in front of me when you'd said that, you'd have lost some teeth. I'm not a racist, and you can take your not so subtle accusations and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. I seriously recommend you learn a few manners if you plan on sticking around here, and make really damn sure you aren't falsely accusing someone of something they'd never even think about doing.

Third, the actions and views of one person do not define the entire people of a state. Texans are not racists. We may have racists living in Texas, but they're damned fools, much like yourself.

I suggest you quit while you're behind, unless you're just dead set on making a bigger ass of yourself than you already have.

(edit to fix quoting bug)

[edit on 2/21/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Kozmo, lemme set a couple of things straight:

1.) This didn't take place in Texas. It took place in VIRGINIA.

2.) You might think America is a "ratsh*t" country, but I personally love America. I may hate her current administration, and the police state it's trying to enforce. Hell I even hate the Texas state governor Rick Perry, but I don't condemn an entire state or country for some bad apples.

3.) I agree with your assessment the woman shouldn't have gotten two years.

4.) Texas is not a dump. Nor are its people ignorant. It is a harsh land of stubborn people. There's a huge difference.

5.) I find it deliciously ironic that the one calling Texans ignorant can't even be bothered to get the correct location to rant about in the first place. How about you go yell at some penguins about the polar bears? We have no control over the actions of Virginia.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
She didn't go to prison. Misleading title on this thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No, it wasn't misleading.

1. The title doesn't say she went to prison. She got 2 years in prison.

2. When I submitted the article she was being sentenced to prison. They just changed it a little while ago.

[edit on 21/2/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
While I'm glad she didn't go to prison for her children's sake, this woman felt road rage and ACTED on it by assaulting someone. I personally think probation is a little lenient. She should spend some time in jail. Maybe a month.

There's a huge difference between yelling at someone and throwing something at them. It's a line that's crossed. And I don't care HOW mad she was. Someone "cut her off"? What does that mean, exactly? He "took her spot" on the road?

People are nuts!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Holy crap, you nitwits, READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTHS.

SHE GOT PROBATION. NOT PRISON. JESUS.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Holy crap, you nitwits, READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTHS.

SHE GOT PROBATION. NOT PRISON. JESUS.

Holy smokes, read the thread and you'll understand.

We already know. At least read the post right in front of yours. At least read a few posts before you start calling everyone names. okey-dokey?

You can SCREAM all you want, just don't throw a coke at us, OK?

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Calm down kid.

If you actually read the thread you'd find out that see originally got a 2 year prision sentence. But just a little while ago they changed it.

Don't you feel stupid.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not everyone read it or the posts above theirs.

Meaning no, not everyone saw.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Then don't post those kinds of idiotic posts if you don't read the thread, ok?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scrub

Originally posted by Perplexed
Don't get mad, Don't get even... Take revenge. It's a lot more fun. Trust me.

how can one not get even and take revenge at the same time I'm confused

Getting even would be cutting the person off or committing other acts of road rage at the time of the incident. Taking revenge is altogether different... It's a lot more fun and you can be very methodical.

I tend to be sadistic if it's blatent. If they do crap on purpose I will drop back and follow them home or to work. If I can find out where they work I can create all kinds of havoc for them. At their home there are so many things you can do to harrass someone.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: I know she got probation, the initial sentence still ticks me off though.

I think perhaps the reason the judge changed his mind is because he knew if he did this, with this much public outrage, he'd never be elected again.

Regardless, IMHO, if someone does not cause significant property damage or bodily harm, jail time shouldn't be an option. There are exceptions, such as stalking, but that's more mental cases than anything.

At worst, she should have been thrown the maximum fine the city had for a moving violation (usually like $1000-2000), and ordered to mandatory anger management classes. I'd even go so far as to say a night in the drunk tank would let the gravity of the situation sink in.

But in a nation with the highest prison population on Earth, overcrowded jails filled with 3-4 inmates per 10x10 cell, where prisons are effectively "Crime and Rape Universities", sentencing someone to 2 years in prison is absolutely ridiculously out of scale to the crime of throwing a cup of soda.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

The 25-year-old military wife convicted of throwing a cup of ice into a car that cut her off on Interstate 95 in Virginia has been sentenced to probation.

A jury had recommended that Hall serve two years in prison, but the judge noted today that Hall has no criminal record and placed her on probation for the felony conviction.

news.aol.com... ets-probation/20070221074909990001

chill out.... she's not going to prison... she'll be fine as long as she is a good girl while on probation...

News title is misleading... just like the news wanting to sensationalize everything...

Actually, when the news title came out, she had not been sentenced to probation yet.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would like to point out that while she is only receiving probation now, it's still classified as a felony. She just lost the right to vote.

Throw a soda at someone = lose the right to vote in the USA.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

from the ACLU
On Probation? Off Parole? YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE.

There is a lot of confusion in California about the impact of a criminal conviction on voting rights. To set the record straight, some criminal convictions have no impact on your voting rights at all. Other kinds of convictions may temporarily take away your right to vote.

Voting Rights With a Misdemeanor

A misdemeanor conviction does not affect your right to vote at all. You can vote at all times.
Voting Rights With a Felony

Even if you have a felony conviction, you can vote if:
you are on probation, or
you have completed your probation, or
you have completed parole.

The only time you are not allowed to vote is if you have a felony conviction and you are still in prison or on parole. Once you have completed your prison sentence and parole, you can register to vote.

So, she does actually retain her right to vote. Thank god all she did was throw a soda. Had she thrown a hamburger it would have been Game Over.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Are you serious? Shoot and kill someone for cutting you off in traffic? Another reason to stay out of Texas.

It might be best if you avoided New Mexico too as rude behavior of almost any type is dealt with in extreme manner here in the wild and wooley west.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I've spent precisely 2 weeks of my life in America, nice place to visit and all that, it may be a while till I visit again (still holding a grudge over some of the TV you sent over)

Will this lady go jail now if she were to remove her Mc gherkins from her Mc Cholesterol Salad in an overly fed up manor?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join