It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran rejects UNSC demands......what next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Today I believe is the deadline for Iran to comply with the UN regarding the nuclear work they are doing.

It appears, as of yesterdays comments, that Iran will not abide by the UN demands.

What should the UN's next step be?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

What should the UN's next step be?

Well maybe a great deal with Israël giving up his nukes, and giving all middle-east countries nuclear power for energy, that will reduce the price of oil, and everybody will be equal, and it will be an improvment of middle-east life standarts.(for all of you who say that the middle-east is 10th century-ish)

But of course, Israël wouldn't want that even if they have the US deterrent and army to back them up and that they consider themselves superior to the human race. Of course the nuclear energy in all countries would be monitored by China/Russia/US/France, so you can have a 2/2 presence.

And in the end, Iran makes money because of their uranium, the US makes money because of the knowledge and workers, the Russian makes money too and Chineses too, everyone is happy and NOT killing puppies like they do since WW2.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What next? Attack.

Ahmadinejad is caracteristically defiant in today's Iranian press, still citing Iran's advancements everything from nuclear technology to herbal AIDS remedies and spinal chord research:

Bullying powers cannot thwart Iranian progress - president says
Tehran, Feb 21, IRNA

Iran-Progress-President
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Wednesday that Iran is making headway toward progress to the dismay of the bullying powers and that they cannot thwart Iranian progress.

www2.irna.ir...

In light of the Iranian stance not many options left but attacking them. Iran says it wants to negotiate, but NOT on the condition that it relinquish its right to enrich uranium as the UNSC has demanded.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Iran wants nuclear reactors... and looking at their consumption rates versus their ability to produce fuel, they are going to need nuclear power soon.

If they want to advance their country, thats great, I applaud them. They shouldnt have to answer to anyone for it.

The United States is just jealous that other countries are benefiting from nuclear technology. They want to be the only kid on the block with it, to which I say, screw you.

If the US wants Iran to dismantle all nuclear technology, lets see them put their money where their mouth is and do it first. lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Iran wants nuclear reactors... and looking at their consumption rates versus their ability to produce fuel, they are going to need nuclear power soon.

If they want to advance their country, thats great, I applaud them. They shouldnt have to answer to anyone for it.

The United States is just jealous that other countries are benefiting from nuclear technology. They want to be the only kid on the block with it, to which I say, screw you.

If the US wants Iran to dismantle all nuclear technology, lets see them put their money where their mouth is and do it first. lol.

Johnsky, Iran wants a nuclear bomb so that they can turn it towards Israel!
They had plenty of opportunities to let international inspectors verify their claim for, power only, but refused. Later they let inspectors in after their enrichment plant was moved. You act as though the USA is the only country with commercial nuclear power. Actually most countries do have civilian nuclear power plants. Research it! Iran has supported terrorists for years. Search terrorist history by Iran against the US and the world since 1979 and you will have plenty of reasons to understand United States policy toward Iran.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BugZy
Johnsky, Iran wants a nuclear bomb so that they can turn it towards Israel!
They had plenty of opportunities to let international inspectors verify their claim for, power only, but refused. Later they let inspectors in after their enrichment plant was moved. You act as though the USA is the only country with commercial nuclear power. Actually most countries do have civilian nuclear power plants. Research it! Iran has supported terrorists for years. Search terrorist history by Iran against the US and the world since 1979 and you will have plenty of reasons to understand United States policy toward Iran.

Don't insult my intelligence. I know the rest of the commonwealth has nuclear power plants, and I never suggested they didn't, if you're going to have an argument with me, DO NOT put words in my mouth. I'm not f**king stupid.

The fact that you have to resort to putting words in my mouth tells me you have no real argument, and have to resort to lies to try to win an argument. Doesn't work with me pal, so drop it.

As for Iran not letting UN inspectors in, look at what happened to Iraq.
Iraq let inspectors into all requested sites, and Saddam only stopped them from going into his personal home the second time they requested to.

The UN inspectors found nothing in Iraq, and kept telling the US that there are no WMD's in Iraq. The US Administration claimed that's because they are hiding them, and went in anyways.

Iran knows it doesn't matter at all if they let inspectors in or not, the US will wage war with them regardless. The US Administration will come up with ANY excuse to go to war. You could have a spotless national record, and the US will still wage war with that country, and turn to their public and spew lies to keep them quiet.

Iran has stated many times that all they have is nuclear generating technology. Not weapons grade.

You do know that you only have to enrich uranium to 5% purity for use in power plant, right? And that it takes 95% enrichment to make a nuclear weapon, right? Iran has repeatedly stated that it has not enriched past that 5%... hell, their enrichment process has been sabotaged numerous times, leading to them being way behind schedule before they reached even that.

And the idea that they have "moved" the site somewhere is pure speculation, and a perfect example of how the US Administration is brainwashing you.
I know you didn't make that up, that rumor has been flying around the US Media networks for quite some time... a nuclear facility would show up on radiological scans of Iran from the US sattelites overhead. None have shown up, other than the one research site we already know about.

Like I said, the concept that they have moved the site is pure and unfounded speculation.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that there are some out there that think that Iran is only interested in useing nuclear research to generate power. Lets be honest they want the bomb.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WOGIT
I find it hard to believe that there are some out there that think that Iran is only interested in useing nuclear research to generate power. Lets be honest they want the bomb.

There isn't a country out there that doesn't want the bomb, it's one hell of a deterrent for any country that wants to mess with them. But Iran is focusing solely on nuclear energy at the moment, as their fuel consumption rates are about to bring their economy to a grinding halt if they don't switch to an alternative.

And as I've stated in other posts, they haven't made it past 5% enrichment required for nuclear energy production. It takes 95% to make a nuclear weapon.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Iran needs a bomb so Cheney and his energy task force along with the war happy chief in the white house do not finish fulfilling the task of taking hold of the last reserves of oil in the world. . .

Israel is just an excuse . . . they already have their own nuclear devises so why are they so scare, is nothing but a hoax and a an excuse.

It doesn't take a genius to see the situation in the middle east for what it is . . . power, greed and geopolitics of oil.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Fair enough but for the record not every country does want "the bomb" thats just not true. I can also understand why a nuclear Iran may make some worry.
It seems this hole thing will be just one big mess with no real winner. Didnt someone once say that the end of one war simply set the fram work for the next war?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes WOGIT, you are right... I was wrong in saying that every nation wants nuclear weapons... Canada dismantled it's nuclear arsenal a long time ago, and refuses to ever go back to that... so you are right.

A number of other countries also refuse to implement nuclear arsenals.

What I should have said is that countries who are threatened by other nations seek nuclear arsenals, that would have been more accurate.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Cheney: "Say hello to my little friend"

That is what will follow. Mission accomplished.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Not entirely sure what you meant by that.

What I read it as is "I follow military might, because you can't argue with it"
But I could be wrong, that post was rather subjective.

The way I see the US military is... with power comes responsibility. If you have an arsenal that can destroy the world, you had better not be seeking to destroy anything. Inadvertantly, that is what the US military ends up doing. The Iraqi people were far better off before the US went into Iraq.

Remember just before the war?
Saddam Hussein was awarded the nobel peace prize for keeping his country at peace for 10 years straight... a country with 3 religions of which all want to destroy each other... and he managed to keep them subdued.
Unfortunately, the US didn't think of how to keep those 3 religions from attacking each other once the leash was off... and, as I expected, they are at civil war with each other now that nobody has any real control over them.

I can only hope the US actually does their research on Iran before going in. I seriously doubt they can occupy Iran successfully, but if they do, I hope they have done their homework... they certainly didnt with Iraq.

new topics

top topics

join