It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religous Turbans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sikh Turbans are a thing most people dont seem to understand the reasons for wearing them.

Though I dont wear one, I though maybe It would be good to provide you all with some religious insight to those who do.

www.sikhkids.com...
www.canteach.ca...
www.bhsi.org...
www.paonline.com...
www.akalsangat.com...

Deep

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanx ZeroDeep for helping to enlighten us. Are you a Sikh incidentally?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah I am,
I forgot to provide the reasons why turbans are worn due to religious reasons.
Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thier this is A good understand of the Turban Dogma

It even has some references to moses, from what I skimmed through.

Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Perhaps this is better to U2U Zero? I wonder if you came to this faith through "cultural" reasons or though your own spiritual discovery?? I'm "Church of England" here but have a great interest in other faiths and belief systems.

Apologies to tie up the board with my questions

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Its okay,
I was born a Sikh.
My familys faith has been Sikh since its creation.
Deep

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I have a theory that the Sikhs may be the remnants of the tribe of Levi who travelled Eastward after the Babylonian captivity wearing the turban of Aaron, while the Hindi castes may be the lost tribes of Cain wearing the mark of God's protection on their foreheads and how they "bury" their dead by cremation (Cain's children were the children of fire I have heared). Eden was probably situated around the source of Euphrates and Tigris, and we know that Cain and his children travelled Eastward and settled down somewhere around India. But as always, I'm not sure.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Mikro,
lol,
Well Sikhism started around 550 years ago and turbans were introduced as a must, around the time of our tenth guru, 1650 or so......

lol.
sorry, a bit hungover.
Deep

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well Jezjuah was called the second Adam, so my theory might still have the right of life. History seems to repeat itself faster and faster and with greater and greater impact it seems. But I don't know, I'm just trying to make sense of it all in one way or another. Searching for the Great and Eternal Truth in it all. Do you wear some kind of golden diadem uppon that turban? I can see from your avatar that the guy has some kind of metallic (edit: replaced golden with metallic) chain uppon his turban. Is there written anything on it?

Edit: Just looked at the turban creating page, love those things. The number 8 seems to be important somehow. Is there any reason for this?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by mikromarius]

new topics

top topics

join