It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With stuff like this no wonder! Please Help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yes christianity has its evils.....even today. When someone sees a cross they dont typically think of evil initially. When most people see the swatstika they generally think of hate, evil, and oppression. I guess the lesson here is that symbols and their meanings are ultimately in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Not to worry folks

It's just a plus-sign doing cartwheels--Dennis Miller

Excellent grist for the mill...but I'm not sure what to make of all this:

THE MISUNDERSTOOD SWASTIKA

Dear Cecil:

"You were wrong! I refer to the question concerning the historical roots of the swastika. You informed us that it was an ancient Indian symbol. In reality, however, the Indian symbol was not the Nazi swastika but rather a mirror-image symbol called the Wheel of Life. The Wheel of Life turns in a clockwise ("deosil") direction. Hitler, who was fascinated by the occult, deliberately reversed the ancient symbol of power so that it turned counterclockwise, or "widdershins." Traditionally this is supposed to give the symbol a "black magic" sort of power. Please, try not to be wrong again--I can't handle the disillusionment." --West M., Atlanta

Cecil replies:

"Time to lay off the airplane glue, West. As a glance at a history book would show, the Nazi symbol was oriented in a clockwise direction. So, as often as not, was the ancient good luck/sun symbol sometimes known as the Wheel of Life. It's true that swastikas come in both clockwise and counterclockwise versions, and some scholars maintain that they represent opposing principles--e.g., yin/yang, male/female, and presumably good/evil. On occasion, as you correctly note, the counterclockwise swastika, more properly known as the sauvastika, has had black-magical significance, symbolizing night and/or the terrifying goddess Kali. But you can find examples of both types of swastikas being used in what are clearly benign contexts. In any case, the wicked sauvastika was not the Nazi symbol. You got anything else you want cleared up, just let me know." /p4hxm

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Black
Ok so if i were to get a swatstika tattoo on my arm and said it meant well being everyone would still think i was a Nazi because the Nazis perverted the symbols meaning.

Most people that dealt with the nazis probably would. In countries that have large populations of Hindus or Buddists, you could be regarded very casually.

Just as I could tattoo a bald eagle being roasted on myself. In the USA they would hate it and in the rest of the world, they wouldn't care that it tastes like chicken.

The point is that your example is extreme. Would you do it? probably not, but we have no idea the origin of the building, the architect, or anything else. It's just a building in the shape of a swastika, just like these...

Interlocking swastika design in pavement of Amiens Cathedral.

Hindu Swastika

Swastika necklace from Iran

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
why try to trivialise it. Your ridiculous joke wasn't funny and didn't make any point. Someone took those plans and had them examined for approval. Given the sensitive nature of the swastika it is not plausable to say oh its just the shape, could be any shape, means nothing. The shape was designed and built by men who knew exactly what they were doing, or are you suggesting they were incompetent and it got built like that by accident??? If YOU were the designer would you have seriously presented the shape of the swastika for approval, thinking nobody would realise the significance of the swastika

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
If YOU were the designer would you have seriously presented the shape of the swastika for approval, thinking nobody would realise the significance of the swastika

Obviously, you haven't looked into the how it was really built. I suggest the NeuralGourmet and this post: Revisiting the swastika in San Diego

It's actually more then one building (6 Total) and the Navy is more then happy to explain how it happened. Yes, it was a oversight on their part, but it was not one big swastika design that made it through approval secretly.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Zedd i e-mailed the site and am waiting for reply aboutpic/building........ When i 1st saw the building i did realize it was more than one structure. I saw 4 buildings. If the Navy said it was an oversight then the question is do we trust they're answer? Oh if u dont get the eagle tattoo i wont get the swastika

[edit on 2/21/2007 by Frank Black]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hey Zedd good find but you have to ask yourself, if they realized this during construction and decided it would cost too much 2 change would'nt they make a public statement just to cover all bases? I dunno what to think now.

[edit on 2/21/2007 by Frank Black]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh I won't get an eagle tattoo Frank, trust me.

And do I trust that the Navy goofed but really doesn't care? Yes.

My wife did two tours of duty on the Lincoln and later was a SeaBee. I have heard many stories about their goof ups. It's a giant burocracy.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Illuminati symbols are everywhere, and they are not there by accident

www.youtube.com...

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If you look at this building from ground level you can see it was a cross shaped building that had wings added to it years later. The photos are out there...do a google search.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Zedd,

Great find. When seeing the 3d rendering its a whole new prospective. I still think that Denver Airport mural is beyond wierd though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join