It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf War I - Similarities to Iraq invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Although I believe the stories about the medical experiments during the war, I really had no idea that the whole war itself was based on faulty intel, VERY similar to the Iraq war. This all seems to familiar after hearing about the fake pictures Colin Powell tried to pass off to the UN as bio/nuclear/chemical weapons facilities.

Before launching the Gulf War, Bush Sr. claimed that an Iraqi juggernaut was threatening to roll into Saudi Arabia. Citing top-secret satellite images, Pentagon officials estimated in mid–September that up to 250,000 Iraqi troops and 1,500 tanks stood on the border, threatening the key US oil supplier.

The St. Petersburg Times acquired two commercial Soviet satellite images of the same area, taken at the same time, and found no Iraqi troops were visible near the Saudi border — just empty desert.

After the war, Gen. Colin Powell admitted that there had been no massive build up. A US senior commander told Newsday after the war, "There was a great disinformation campaign surrounding this war."

Link

new topics

join