It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kazaa Lite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What's happening to Kazaa Lite? I'm reading reports that Sharman Networks, the company who run Kazaa Media Desktop, are having Kazaa Lite shut down for copyright infringement. I had version 1.7 installed and it wouldn't connect.

It seems strange to me that a company notorious for distributing copyright material illegaly should take legal action against a version of their product which offers what Kazaa originally stood for.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Isn't Kazaa Lite the RIAA version of the software? Supposedly they were taking down whois info and busting people for downloading songs. Kazaa users were safe but the Kazaa Lite users were falling into the RIAA trap and getting snapped.

Perhaps Kazaa launched it's lawsuit because RIAA was claiming Kazaa users were downloading illegally obtained MP3's when in actual fact they were Kazaa Lite users. The name confuses things in the eyes of the law and how do you expect a 60 year old judge to handle it? Would he/she know the difference?

Kazaa stands up for the working class!! Down with privately owned music and the RIAA! This is the most acceptable form of communism ever and I'm sure McCarthy is rolling in his grave.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
kazaa lite was good then all the websites with it started to shut down even www.k-lite.tk was shut down. at first kazaa lite was everything a mp3 slut could wish for but no i can hardly ever download anything as its always searching or the files i want are so old and rare i cant get them. kazaa lite was good but now its going way down hill. and kazaa well.....i cant say no more.

join