It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"explosion of some sort in outer space"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is an interesting news article of a possible outer space explosion

Strange lights seen over southern Qld:

abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hey, I think I found a few photos of what you are talking about.

It's from Spaceweather.com

And another

and yet another

From the Article, and the person who took the first photo

"I've seen rocket burns before and there is no doubt the cloud is rocket exhaust," says Garradd. "However, this is much larger than any I have seen before, such as Cassini. It makes me wonder if I saw a controlled burn or an explosion.

www.spaceweather.com

[edit on 20-2-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wonder what the cloud may be composed of and what reaction it may cause if it comes into our atmosphere. Sounds as though it could be a fragmented comet.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
More information from Spaceweather.com

MYSTERY SOLVED: Jon P. Boers of the USAF Space Surveillance System has tentatively identified the source of the mystery cloud, described below. It was a Breeze-M rocket body (catalogue number 28944) exploding over Australia. "Later, on the other side of the world, our RADAR saw 500+ pieces in that orbit," he says.

The Briz-M was the upper stage of a Russian Proton rocket that left Earth in Feb. 2006 carrying a Arabsat communications satellite. Shortly after launch, the Briz-M malfunctioned, leaving the satellite in the wrong orbit and the Breeze-M looping around Earth partially full of fuel. On Feb. 19, 2007, for reasons unknown, the fuel ignited over Australia.

Looks like it really was an explosion. I guess the Arabsat is a total loss.

Wait! I just realized!
This thing was in orbit for a YEAR, before exploding. Now THAT is weird.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Now their saying that it was a Chinese satellite that was blown up because it was obsolete. Sure wish these people would decide which explanation they want to use. If they keep changing their story people are going to doubt that they are telling the truth about what happened, or that they even know what happened. Here is the link to the report on ABC News Online.
Space Cloud

[edit on 21-2-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is starting to get a bit frightening.
Each time one of these man made object explodes in orbit it creates more space junk that will collide with other objects that, in turn, create more space junk that will collide with other object.

By the time humanity is able to start moving off the planet the space around the Earth will be so filled with debris that space stations will be in constant danger of being struck.

The time will come that we reach a critical mass and nothing we put up will be safe.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
on the 4th reply post, (post id 2970273)
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Thread: New Military Base in Australia Confirmed by mustbebc

StUdio, that's myself, pointed out that 3 amateur astronomers in Australia sighted, watched, even photographed this Rocket Launch that went awry and exploded,,,reported @ spaceweather.com, on 20 feb 2007

the 3 experienced laymen decided what they witnessed was an explosion of the launch vehicle which left a 'cloud' that traveled at a brisk pace in the upper atmsphere for some 35 minutes.

which brings up the question---
Whose rocket was it???

in brief i say it was a covert launch by a U.S. black-ops on Australian soil,
its my guesstimation that this new rocket launching site is supposed to remain 'secret'....
and thats what all this fluff of Chinese or even India launching over Australia is being churned out by the disinformation machine @ CIA/NSA/ et al

[edit on 21-2-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
in brief i say it was a covert launch by a U.S. black-ops on Australian soil,
its my guesstimation that this new rocket launching site is supposed to remain 'secret'....

This is fascinating. I have heard speculation in the past that the US uses bases in Australia to launch covert missions into space, until now however, I had not seen any compelling evidence to support such a theory.

The fact that there have been two different stories to explain this explosion already, smacks of deception. I mean, they either know what it was, or they don't. Two different explanations to me smacks of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. You would surly expect "them" to get a cover story straight. Of course, the fact that there are two different explanations could also be put down to human error.

I must confess, my geographical knowledge of Australia is completely non-existent. However, here is an account of a strange flash in the sky over Brisbane.

as i was chit chating away there was a flash of very bright light with a brighter "beam" in the center

The “beam” is an interesting detail. Could this have been a mission to space that was shot down? Could it have been a test of some sort of weapon system?

Right now, I’m guessing we will never know.

new topics

top topics

join