It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Pelosi and Gore aircraft complaints?What about Dubya and Reps election flights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well I know Im a bit late to the party but Hannity from Fox did a slanderous "expose" on Gore using a private jet I just caught and of course the constant Republican rumblings of Speaker Pelosi using large secure govt flights home. Thats fine to bring them up but what about all those official Air Force flights by the Reps. to all these different campaign stops when the elections were going on. I mean thats not US Govt buisiness but rather Private and Party business yet us Dem's,Reps and Indies had to foot the bill for all those campaign flights(and there were a lot). I know Bush stopped here in Michigan between 2-4 times on"official" party buisiness not to mention all the flights the Vice and other ranking Rep officials used for their Mad push around election time. So why is that not talked about when slagging the Dems over flights?
I know Im finger pointing(lol) but cmon those should be brought up as much as the Pelosi flights. And for the Reps. to reach as low into the barrel too deface Gore over His own Privately funded flights is really another new low for the allready horribly failing Rep. party.
How can the Reps complain when they have been abusing and one sidedly I might ad on this issue so much in the past? I say Clean your own house(party) first then you can criticize others. Geez.
So what say you folks?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by VType]

[edit on 20-2-2007 by VType]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe the Gore deal is that he is so much of a global warming "Green" proponent, they were pointing out hypocrisy on his part by using private rather than commercial flights.

The Pelosi deal is the fact she wanted to Supersize her aircraft so she could fly nonstop to her home state in California.

IMO the Pelosi thing is just political posturing, however the Gore deal is a pretty good irony, taking comm flights would be more green conforming,
it's like I promote PETA at a speaking engagement, then on the way home I pick up a bucket of chicken at KFC.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I believe the Gore deal is that he is so much of a global warming "Green" proponent, they were pointing out hypocrisy on his part by using private rather than commercial flights.

The Pelosi deal is the fact she wanted to Supersize her aircraft so she could fly nonstop to her home state in California.

IMO the Pelosi thing is just political posturing, however the Gore deal is a pretty good irony, taking comm flights would be more green conforming,
it's like I promote PETA at a speaking engagement, then on the way home I pick up a bucket of chicken at KFC.

The conservative argument against pelosi's big plane is a global warming argument as well. Don't forget, pelosi is a global warming alarmist.

new topics

join