It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran refuses to halt nuclear work as deadline passes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Well Order, if you say that Iran doesn't want nuclear weapons I guess we all need to believe you. None of us really know what Iran's true intentions are, so shouldn't we be ready for anything.

I remember history too. But I see Ahmadinajad and the Ayatollahs in Iran as Hitler's instead of Saddam's.

Remember Order, we didn't go into Iraq to FIND wmd's, we went in because Saddam wasn't being honest about his wmd's and we called his bluff. He made it look as if Iraq had wmd's he was bluffing, it is his fault.
I don't know about across the pond but in the US it is still a crime to rob someone with a fake gun. Maybe you are letting your media get the better of you.

The religious and political leaders of Iran have the same zeal for anti-semitism that the Nazi's had pre-WW2. The US and UK was wrong to wait on the sidelines pre-WW2 and I believe if the two choose to do the same today they will be making the same mistake with Iran.

Iran is responsible for enflaming the Israeli-Palestinian Issue and there will never be peace in the Middle East as long as there is that Iranian leadership in power in Tehran.

oh dear.... are you serious???....
Okay you're trying to spin my comments, in much the same way you've been brainwashed to do so.
Are you so arrogant to think their may be others out here with intelligence that have differing views to your own, that could actually be correct.
I didn't say Iran doesn't wan't any weapons, they probably do, especially with crackpots like Bush/Blair on the planet.They have EVERY right to have weapons to protect their own country and interests, just like most civilized countries do.

Your statement on 'we didnt go to war on Iraq to find WMD's' is yet another vain attempt, by yourself and the other sheep, to twist the facts.For one you're argument falls at the first hurdle, as it wasn't a war, you complete sheep, it was an INVASION, why do you people seem to avoid this FACT???..... secondly, the INVASION was based upon LIES,which we were told by the media, about FALSE claims Iraq had 'the ability to launch a nuclear missile within 45 minutes'which spread like wildfire to the other sheep by sheep like yourself,not to mention Saddam's stockpile of WMD's, which as we all know didn't exist.

As for your last two parragraphs, they're just to stupid to even attempt to digest.

The ONLY one here 'effected' by the media,my friend, is yourself.And you ,and others like you,need to wake up very fast.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by BugZy
It amazes me that so many people sympathize with Iran. Iran is responsible for more terrorism in the world (especially against Americans)than anyone in the middle east. Just google Iran and terrorism and research it. They are way over due for a butt whoopin if you ask me.

I wonder why I would think that when the Neocons were saying the same thing about Iraq you were running around parroting whatever they were handing you then too?

You wonder why because you are afraid to fight those who wrong you. You want to talk and use diplomacy (typical democrat) while the thugs continue to kick your A** and mock you behind your back. You want to hide behind the ocean while this cancer threatens every thing you stand for. Bush don't have to tell me how the people are, I lived through it. I know what these people are and they are cancer on this earth. Shut your pie hole long enough to learn the history of terrorism against the US perpetrated by Iran and you wouldn't defend them. Typical democrat, not only take the easy way out. your defense is a thick vail of ignorance of the issue because you are too sanctimonious and egotistical to understand the other parties view on an issue.

You defend Saddam in your blissful narcissitic ignorance and proclaim your love for his people, and yet you ignorantly defend him while he tortures and murders a million or more of his own countrymen, those whom he contols. He deserved what he got!

Thank God that we are not just sitting back and letting the terrorist do their will on the world.

So all these bombings lately outside of Iraq have been a figment of our collective imaginations?

You are right about that! Bombs going off left and right over there and throughout the world and you democrats want to cut our soldiers off, way to go, hamstring your own countrymen because you ahve a problem with taking up for yourself. We are over there trying nonetheless. It's just a matter of time before people in other countries finally realize what it is going to take to get rid of this cancer and finally do something about it.

Islam means submission and that is exactly what these extremists want, the whole world to submit to Islam. If you ever take the time to understand their creed you will see that.

Do you sleep with the lights on?

You are funny! I guarantee you that I am not afraid of Muslim extremist!

I cannot believe that people here would actually stand up for these people and condemn the Unites States of America.

If every country stood up to them and took a proactive stance against their evil (like the USA is doing) then terrorism could be wiped out. But no, they want to hide like a bunch of girls and cry. Talk to your government and ask them to help the US to rid the world of this scourge instead of crying and pointing fingers.

You people are pathetic!

It scares me when religous zealots speak about other religious zealots,especially ones that believe they are men merely because they beat their chests for war, meanwhile they are afraid of Muslims taking over the world and forcing them to convert. Sit back down in your armchair there generalissimo and drink your milk.

Yes, I serve God but it is not a requirement for anyone else but me. What you do and who you serve is your perrogative and I respect that, maybe your a muslim. You defend them as though you are. I know that Muslims will not take over the world Pieman, but they sure do try. I definitely don't fear them, but it will take more than a few to fight back before they realize that their agenda will not come to fruition.

Generalissimo, lol, you are either a teenager or a female. Go ahead and pretend that you are right. You need to learn more about the people that you so staunchly defend. Maybe you could convert and help spread the cancer.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BugZy
Yes, I serve God but it is not a requirement for anyone else but me. What you do and who you serve is your perrogative and I respect that, maybe your a muslim. You defend them as though you are. I know that Muslims will not take over the world Pieman, but they sure do try. I definitely don't fear them, but it will take more than a few to fight back before they realize that their agenda will not come to fruition.

Generalissimo, lol, you are either a teenager or a female. Go ahead and pretend that you are right. You need to learn more about the people that you so staunchly defend. Maybe you could convert and help spread the cancer.

Jeez man, will you cut that out, you're making yourself look like a moron.

"I know that Muslims will not take over the world Pieman, but they sure do try."

Ok, since when have the Muslims been trying to take over the world?
The reason they are fighting back at the moment is because they are not being left alone... that's the one thing they've been wanting ever since the crusades way back when... and thats the one thing they haven't been given.
They are tired of being treaded on, and they are understandably pissed off.

"Generalissimo, lol, you are either a teenager or a female. Go ahead and pretend that you are right."

What the hell was with that?
Because someone disagrees with you, you assume they are a teenager?
And what's with the 'female' bit? What would be wrong with being female, huh? You aren't a sexist are you?

"You need to learn more about the people that you so staunchly defend."

And, he actually seems to know a hell of alot more about the people he is defending than you do.

"Maybe you could convert and help spread the cancer. "

Woah, lol. This is juicy... it was this very same post that you said...
"What you do and who you serve is your perrogative and I respect that"
... Some respect there Bugzy...
I suggest you just sit down before you make yourself look any worse man.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The simple bloodless solution which is already 1/4 of the way complete would be to take India, Pakistan, and Israel and force them to the table in regards to nuclear disarmament in the region. While none of them are members of the NPT, all went about gaining nuclear weapons illegitimately. It should be obvious that at any given point in time, each and every one of those countries has the possibility of radicals being in power, and none of them are immune to that. The sooner all of them are disarmed the sooner there will be some sort of calm restored as far as the necessity for WMD's in the ME to exist. Undeniably there are radicals in India who wouldn't hesitate to attack Pakistan, likewise there are Pakistanis who wouldn't mind attacking India as well as Israel, and in Israel there are a myriad of radicals wanting to attack many of the arab/islamic countries including Mecca the central hub of the Islamic faith. North Korea seems so far to be convinced.

There is no reason why any of the other 3 countries should need/have WMD's for any reason at all. I think this should bring Iran around to the idea of not only there not being a double-standard as they have accurately described , but there not being a need for nuclear armament with the pressure of all these countries around them possessing WMD's.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This thread has become WAY off topic. The immature name calling and snide remarks will cease now.

From the OP,

Originally posted by Allred5923
Reuters - 52 minutes ago
VIENNA (Reuters) - Iran brushed off threats intended to make it freeze its nuclear program as a U.N. deadline to do so fell due on Wednesday, but offered to guarantee it would not seek atomic weapons.

So, do you think they are going to remain above board on this agreement?

Please focus on this when posting and not what you may consider to be another members personal attributes.

Thank you for your time.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It seems to me that we have all seen this kind of thing enough now that we should be able to guess what will happen based on past history.

• The US or a join task force will send in some bombers, probably B-2’s.
  • They will strike the facility and be home in time for lunch.
  • Within 24 hours, Iran will release footage showing that we actually hit a complex consisting of a mosque, a hospital, an orphanage, and a baby milk factory.
  • They will plead their case before the UN.
  • Russia, China, and France will condemn the US and any allies for the attack.
  • France will offer Iran support.
  • Russia and China will be willing to sell them a new and improved facility that will be online within 5 years.
  • After about a month, all will be forgotten and everyone will be talking about American Idol again.
  • That is until their new facility is ready to go online, when you can go back to the top of this list, rinse, and repeat.

After all there is nothing new under the sun…

We are certainly not going to send troops into a worse boondoggle then the one we already don’t have control of, doubly so when congress is trying to get the troops over there out.

[edit on 2/24/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
There never going to submit so long as 'other' countries have been able to succeed making weapons, with no major US intervention.

we cannot pick and choose who we focus our NPT type stuff on...

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Tell me why a country that does not have nuclear weapons is more of a threat than was the former Soviet Union, that had thousands of missiles aimed at hair trigger on the United States and vice versa?

Destroy a near first world Iran then you:

1.) Keep oil off the market to fulfill elite and royal goals of increasing feudalism and poverty, their asinine fear game.

2.) Meanwhile you play to a subliminal audience who thinks "ha ha, we is gonna git their oil." Yeah ha ha as if any of these people get anything out of this but the bills to pay for it.

3.) More profits for the arms industry.

Now let us explain current sociology here. Wars were fought in the past so nations could obtain "booty," and that was a motivating factor. In the modern world, all the booty is at home, and the war is simply a means of rolling over old stock, old inventory. Does anyone get it anymore on anything?

All of you who give reasons for this conflict are doing so with apparent superficial reasons prepackaged by government sources, who are also corporate sources.

This is all too sad, as well as the myths surrounding "suicide bombers," who only seem to exist around unspecified nation-state criminals. They are not Islamics alone but COINTELPRO styled infiltrations, and foolish copy cats.

By the way does anyone now more fully understand the wisdom of George Washington and his message to avoid "foreign entanglements?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join