It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran refuses to halt nuclear work as deadline passes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Reuters - 52 minutes ago
VIENNA (Reuters) - Iran brushed off threats intended to make it freeze its nuclear program as a U.N. deadline to do so fell due on Wednesday, but offered to guarantee it would not seek atomic weapons.

Source:

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=ApV4nQ5XQ9O_pRLNWflgdQ2s0NUE

So, do you think they are going to remain above board on this agreement?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Rabbi GW Bush is trying to make a case to invade Iran for Israel's benefit.

Young Iranian girls greeting a tourist.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
How many bombs do you think them girls have strapped on under those robes?

ok, thats a bad joke.

Really though, posting pics like that isnt going to stop military action in Iran. Its not them girls conducting the nuclear research,

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Cooliendo, you should look at these cool pics too, there are some from Iran in here.

www.middle-east-info.org...

That should help to balance out the argument again. My favorite pic is of the infant suicide bomber, how cute. There are good reasons why Iran is going to get bombed back to the stoned age, and your 1 pic of Iranian girls fails to illustrate those points.

They are 1 more time for cooliendo, Iran supports and funds terror in many different countries throughout the world. Iranian leaders openly call for the destruction of the US and Israel. Finally, Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons. All 3 conditions together set up a condition on which it is acceptable to go ahead and bomb Iran.

War is never pretty but neither are any of the other options.

In the next 2 months if Iran does not change its course I expect it will get it's nuclear and military facilities bombed by the US and allies.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Isolating then bombing Iran would only radicalize the population with the Mullahs, and not against them.

Why do people think that bombing a country to destroy its economy will cause the people to turn against their government? That's completely delusional. It will only radicalize people, evaporate domestic opposition, and throw them fiercely and fanatically in the side of the regime. Collateral damage---stories of innocent civilians, like women and children getting killed by bombs---will only inflame the rest of the people and turn them into the radical and the hardline. And that's exactly what the radicals and the Mullahs want. They;re looking for a new Jihad, and you don't give it to them.

Not to mention, this wil radicalize more of the Shiites in Iraq, and push that country over the edge. As you deploy troops in Iran, the unfinished business in Afghanistan worsens. Pakistan is thrown in the middle, and this may cause a domino effect (refugees and guerillas going across the border and back), and the domino effect may affect Turkey and the south of Russia, already a powderkeg. Russia won't like the US having troops near its southern border and a new Cold War starts, with the Russians covertly supplying arms to Shiite insurgents. In the end, you will end up lighting a series of regional fuses.

[edit on 2/21/2007 by coolieno99]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Cooliendo, you should look at these cool pics too, there are some from Iran in here.

www.middle-east-info.org...

That should help to balance out the argument again. My favorite pic is of the infant suicide bomber, how cute.

Is that a joke website or what? Gee its not obvious who's tooting their own
horn there!

SUPPORT ISRAEL OVER TYRANNY & TERROR
Israel embodies democracy, rule of law, anti-racism, religious freedom, rights for women, gays and Arab and Muslim minorities.
Israel is not the root cause of many problems in the Middle East
Israel is a front line in the Islamo-fascist war against the West:

I wonder why a site dedicated to Advancing democracy, pluralism and mutual respect in the Middle East would neglect to put pictures of Israeli women raped and beaten, the children that are victims of incest and pedophilia, pictures of Jews only roads , cities, villages and towns. Amazing how tha site leaves out so much and places things that are wrong on one side of the fence. They also forgot drugs, organized crime, human trafficking, prostitution, corrupt government, murder and an assortment of other things. Looks like a CAMERA,MEMRI type site. Pure Junk.

You liked the kids playing terrorist. There is a big chance they won't end up wih guns when they are older. Not only do all Israelis get guns at the age of 18 but you will find most of the settlers have guns even before that...and they aren't wooden sticks or plastic guns either!

What a joke.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I don't seriously believe that stuff you smiling pig. I was just attempting to show the other side of the Iranian spectrum. Unless you believe there are only young muslim women in Iran?

There is good reason to investigate and make certain Iran is not working on a nuclear weapons program. Didn't they after all hide their peaceful nuclear program from the UN for over a decade?

The fact that Iran refuses to stop its work past the UN deadlines should show the world Iran's true intention, which is to build nuclear weapons.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Low Orbit]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Iran are NOT developing ANY nuclear weapons, Iran are NOT trying to cause a war, Iran have NO control over the news media propoganda we see and hear.
You people publish these stories as facts, yet really you don't know if they are FACTS or not, do you??

To the people jumping on EVERY Iran statement that comes along: Did you not learn anything by what happed in Iraq, what is STILL happeneing in Iraq right now, and how they LIED to INVADE Iraq in the FIRST place...... history is repeating its self yet again.

Seems people have VERY short memories......

Wake up ffs, you're being lied too,while being laughed at.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think history is repeating it self by Iran being the new Iraq, Saddam has now been replaced by Armarjihadad if that’s his name. No one is for sure if they can say any story is 100% but we have to go by what is given.

Iran's agenda is compiled by a religious belief that the 12th Imam from Prophecy will arrive at a time of chaos and that is near the timing of nuclear energy being built in Iran, what a coincidence. This will apparently happen soon next month. The problem is if Iran does go Nuclear it would not hesitate to cause this chaos either by stirring it with threats and being victim by the warnings it gets or by causing it.

It's not simple to say Iran is just propaganda because this guy since he has been in has threatened and shown signs of intolerance for the west and Israel. Muslims never really get on with Jews so you have to take it seriously. Iran is being the new Iraq the government seems to have infiltrated Iraq, it supplies Hamas and Hizbulla well one of the two and countless cells around the middle east. Saddam likewise destabilised the Middle East, and it's better for us to shut them up before a real world war happens.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
No one is for sure if they can say any story is 100% but we have to go by what is given.

No, sorry you're wrong
We don't........ We don't HAVE to believe anything they say at all.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well Order, if you say that Iran doesn't want nuclear weapons I guess we all need to believe you. None of us really know what Iran's true intentions are, so shouldn't we be ready for anything.

I remember history too. But I see Ahmadinajad and the Ayatollahs in Iran as Hitler's instead of Saddam's.

Remember Order, we didn't go into Iraq to FIND wmd's, we went in because Saddam wasn't being honest about his wmd's and we called his bluff. He made it look as if Iraq had wmd's he was bluffing, it is his fault.
I don't know about across the pond but in the US it is still a crime to rob someone with a fake gun. Maybe you are letting your media get the better of you.

The religious and political leaders of Iran have the same zeal for anti-semitism that the Nazi's had pre-WW2. The US and UK was wrong to wait on the sidelines pre-WW2 and I believe if the two choose to do the same today they will be making the same mistake with Iran.

Iran is responsible for enflaming the Israeli-Palestinian Issue and there will never be peace in the Middle East as long as there is that Iranian leadership in power in Tehran.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The actions of the Iranian Nuclear Program do not indicate peaceful purposes. You dont need a plan for 58,000 centerfuges for enrichment for a peaceful program. You dont need to kick out 38 IAEA inspectors for a peaceful program. They are playing stalling games just as NK did when they pulled out of the NPT in 1993, and as they did during their nuclear testing. They'll play by the rules for a few minutes, then when things look like they are getting close they will pull back from the table once again. No one is trying to keep Iran from having nuclear energy, its a right afforded to them in the NPT, but they arent abiding by the rules of the aggreement that they themselves signed willingly. Who's fault is that?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
People need to start taking a step back from all the media propaganda regarding Iran and doing a bit of research, rather than just blindly going along with the same lies we were told about Iraq.
Do the Iranians intend to destroy Israel, as we are told over and over by political talking heads and the bought media? I think not. The whole thing seems to be a deliberate misquote and a deliberate "lost in translation" mistake

After all, there is a considerable Jewish population inside Iran that refuses Israeli pressure to leave and move to Israel, doesn't that tell people something?

So, they support terrorism? Well so have we, and still do, funding / arming and training groups that commit terrorist actions against our perceived enemies. But that's ok right? Hezbollah is not recognised as a terrorist organisation on a global scale, only by those governments who have a vested interest in supporting Israel, whatever the cost and impact to their own people.

So Iran is hostile to the US. It's called blowback, get over it. The US and UK put the Shah in power, thus removing a democratically elected government. The whole Middle East is a big mess due to decades of meddling for corporate gain and money. Unfortunately it's we the people who reap what our leaders sow, and they only act on behalf of the big banks and corps that fund them and allow them to stay in power.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Your government starts talking about bombing Iran, and the rest of you fall in line and just soak up everything they say don't you?

Iran's government was chosen by it's people... just like yours.

Iran want's nuclear power plants... just like yours has.

Iran has stated multiple times, it does not want nuclear weapons... Which is angelic compared to the United States.

And your excuses so far of going in there and bombing everything, is because there are a few of their civillians who happen to have some domestic abuse in their homes???
ARE YOU PEOPLE EVEN LISTING TO YOURSELVES?

The US government wants you to think they are an evil bunch of people... no, they aren't evil, they are no different from yourselves.

You are all so damned brainwashed it isn't funny any more. I'm proud to be a Canadian in that I don't have to sink with the rest of you, but I'm disgusted at the fact that I even have to share a continent with you Murder supporting mindless drones.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
you are right Britguy, Iran probably won't invade or nuke Israel. Isn't that what you Brits thought of the Nazi's, they might try to take over Europe's main land but never the UK? Remember what happened?

Britman, this is like pre-WW2 do you want to be ready for a fight or do you want London to get airraided? You are the kind of guy who would of believed the Nazi propaganda pre WW2. Hitler just wanted to clean up Europe right?

We won't solve anything by ignoring this problem! By bombing nuclear and military sites we can send Iran's nuclear intentions back 5 or 10 years and we can show the Iranian public how crazy the rest of the world thinks they are.

How can you be so certain of Iran's intentions. When was the last time you chatted with the Ayatollah? My point is this issue is far too important to let our guard down.

Don't worry John, just bury your head in the Northern Snow and the problem of Iran will be over soon enough. So John, if it is all propaganda what would you do to solve this rhetorical problem? If Canada wasn't protected by the US Military you might think different.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Low Orbit]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It amazes me that so many people sympathize with Iran. Iran is responsible for more terrorism in the world (especially against Americans)than anyone in the middle east. Just google Iran and terrorism and research it. They are way over due for a butt whoopin if you ask me.

Thank God that we are not just sitting back and letting the terrorist do their will on the world.

Islam means submission and that is exactly what these extremists want, the whole world to submit to Islam. If you ever take the time to understand their creed you will see that. They also have an agenda to wipe Israel off the map. Their prime minister has stated as such and terrorists don't even recognize Israel's right to exist.

Muslim extremists are a scourge on this planet and need to be extinguished. They are no different than any street gang that will mug and kill you for the two dollars in your pocket.

I cannot believe that people here would actually stand up for these people and condemn the Unites States of America.

If every country stood up to them and took a proactive stance against their evil (like the USD is doing) then terrorism could be wiped out. But no, they want to hide like a bunch of girls and cry. Talk to your government and ask them to help the US to rid the world of this scourge instead of crying and pointing fingers.

You people are pathetic!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Don't worry John, just bury your head in the Northern Snow and the problem of Iran will be over soon enough. So John, if it is all propaganda what would you do to solve this rhetorical problem? If Canada wasn't protected by the US Military you might think different.

Excuse me? Since when has the US EVER defended Canada?

There's a difference between having a huge military because your country pisses so many people off, and simply not pissing people off in the first place.

Thats another thing that gets me, this idea that the US protects Canada. From WHAT?! We don't have any enemies, except for terrorists who you've brought down on us... and in that case, we've been the ones to thwart those attacks, and not one of them has gotten past our intelligence networks, unlike your CIA who can't seem to communicate with the rest of your country.

Quite frankly, seeing as how often your military manages to kill frendlies, I'm quite relieved you aren't defending us. You'd be more harm than good.

And bugzy, I don't support terrorism, no-one from the free world does. but what the US military is doing IS NOT stopping terrorism, all they are doing is giving more people a reason to join terrorist organizations.
You are in fact strengthening your enemy.

As usual, the US is doing far more harm than good.
Your hearts are in the right place, but you don't seem to have a clue about how terrorist organizations get their support. Especially the insurgency variety.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit ...I remember history too. But I see Ahmadinajad and the Ayatollahs in Iran as Hitler's instead of Saddam's. ....

If Ahmadinajad is a "Hitler" then,
Why don't Ahmadinajad start killing the 35,000 Jews living inside of Iran now?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

you are right Britguy, Iran probably won't invade or nuke Israel. Isn't that what you Brits thought of the Nazi's, they might try to take over Europe's main land but never the UK? Remember what happened?

Well, actually.....

Peace overtures were repeatedly made towards GB during the first couple of years of the War. these were always rejected by Churchill.

Hitler stated many times he had no interest in the Uk. He considered us the same race. Had not been for the declaration of War by the UK and France, France, Belgium and the Netherlands would never have been invaded. Add to that, we probably wouldn't have had the Soviets for much longer, as that was Hitlers main concern.

Needless to say, we did the right thing in Warring with them and taking them down. I am just addressing your inaccuracies.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BugZy
It amazes me that so many people sympathize with Iran. Iran is responsible for more terrorism in the world (especially against Americans)than anyone in the middle east. Just google Iran and terrorism and research it. They are way over due for a butt whoopin if you ask me.

I wonder why I would think that when the Neocons were saying the same thing about Iraq you were running around parroting whatever they were handing you then too?

Thank God that we are not just sitting back and letting the terrorist do their will on the world.

So all these bombings lately outside of Iraq have been a figment of our collective imaginations?

Islam means submission and that is exactly what these extremists want, the whole world to submit to Islam. If you ever take the time to understand their creed you will see that.

Do you sleep with the lights on?

I cannot believe that people here would actually stand up for these people and condemn the Unites States of America.

If every country stood up to them and took a proactive stance against their evil (like the USD is doing) then terrorism could be wiped out. But no, they want to hide like a bunch of girls and cry. Talk to your government and ask them to help the US to rid the world of this scourge instead of crying and pointing fingers.

You people are pathetic!

It scares me when religous zealots speak about other religious zealots,especially ones that believe they are men merely because they beat their chests for war, meanwhile they are afraid of Muslims taking over the world and forcing them to convert. Sit back down in your armchair there generalissimo and drink your milk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join