It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Portal discovered

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I've seen a documentary like 1 year ago that was about time travelling on some very good "learning" channel

A Japanese physicist was explaining that time travelling is well possible BUT that it requires a TREMENDOUS amount of energy something like HALF of the whole universe's energy!

I guess we can "red cross" this project for the next 5 centuries

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
it was really amazing but theres one thing i didnt understand so if someone could tell me how this possibly happened..

its said-
It is very dark here; we see all objects become double, our hands and legs are transparent, we can see veins and bones through the skin

when it is dark, how can someone see things getting doubled and hands and legs becoming transparent ?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
How can a watch get it's time changed. The only way for a watch or chronometer to get an older date is for it to get turned back manualy.
This is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
uhm.. a few things.

I justread the first post but will read the rest of the comments in a sec.

1. Were they sober? (a sandstorm in a frozen landscape.....)

2. since clocks are just mechanical and don't actually "measure" time as such. I highly doubt a clock would change due to time travel, and if it does change to the time it is in. why didn't it change back on returning to our time?

3. Proof of clocks not actually measuring anything: if they did they wouldn't slowly start running behind and in need to be set right every year or 2 (depending on the quality of your clock/watch) and if they "measure" time why do we need to set them in the first place?

On a note theory allows timetravel but only as an observer and only back in time - I believe Einstein said that.

Another theory is you can physically go back in time (not forward) but you can't come back. The mere fact you are in the past will change the time you came from. and you can't go back to something that never existed.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by David2012]

A little speculation for fun:

Assuming a clock get's wound backwards proportionate to the time difference those scientists would have not survived the trip and tell the tale. Because if timetravel physically effects you like it did the clock. they would have aged negatively proportionately to the time difference. they would have grown younger to a point they couldn't survive, get back, or never existed depending on the age they started with.

Personal note:

The old fashioned idea of a linear timeline slowly progressing is seriously outdated in the science community.
Personally I would go as far as to say time does not exist, or in other words all time is now. The notion just never made sense to me. Anyone who has evidence time exists in the form of a real dimension please show me.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
this is a experiment you can do at home, take two Digital clocks, that have a second hand ( show seconds) set them to the same time, set them side by side for a week or two (as you like) for baseline comparison, see what the time difference is. once you have the baseline (knowing what the time difference is) take one clock and put it in a tree as high as you can 50 60 feet or more, leave them for the same amount of time as the baseline. then check the time. The results will amaze you.

if you get on a fly often, set your digital watch with the time on your PC and check it for a week, then set it again and get on a plane then compare it when you get back, it will blow your mind, the time is different

Using a digital timer works great cause then you can't say it's a mechanical difference. you can google these studies. So maybe it was not a "time" portal but maybe a Gravity ( or anti gravity) well

Just look up Stephen Hawking theories of time

www.pbs.org...
www.generationterrorists.com...

[edit on 3-4-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
this is a experiment you can do at home, take two Digital clocks, that have a second hand ( show seconds) set them to the same time, set them side by side for a week or two (as you like) for baseline comparison, see what the time difference is. once you have the baseline (knowing what the time difference is) take one clock and put it in a tree as high as you can 50 60 feet or more, leave them for the same amount of time as the baseline. then check the time. The results will amaze you.

if you get on a fly often, set your digital watch with the time on your PC and check it for a week, then set it again and get on a plane then compare it when you get back, it will blow your mind, the time is different

Using a digital timer works great cause then you can't say it's a mechanical difference. you can google these studies. So maybe it was not a "time" portal but maybe a Gravity ( or anti gravity) well

Just look up Stephen Hawking theories of time

www.pbs.org...
www.generationterrorists.com...

[edit on 3-4-2007 by thedigirati]

and howso can electronic clocks not be explained mechanically.. mechanical does not necessarily mean moving parts in the common notion it usually does.
quantum mechanics is the mechanics explaining the behaviour of very small particles like electrons.. the ones that do the work in a electronic clock.

I'm not throwing time out the window completely.. I'm merely stating our current knowledge about it is inadaquate and theoretical.

I highly doubt the difference would make you go wow on your clocks. maybe seconds after a few months running...
Relativity doesn't have such a big measurable effect on such a small height difference (height equating to relative speed of the clocks)
And clocks are different in quality. I know from the ones at my mom's place the wallclock drags behind a whopping 5 minutes per year, the vcr (digital) seems to drag behind noticably every 5 years.
You can't be absolutely sure your not just measuring the quality of your clocks with that experiment.

You have your idea I have mine and we can easily find at least 10 different theories by known scientist that try to explain time

In the end my point only was: timeportal story is hogwash

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Eh...can someone please point me to the documentation proving that everything written in pravda is not to be trusted?! Please, everyone goes "ah...it´s pravda, oh well, move on..." and yet i´m having a hard time trying to see how pravda is any bit worse than the rest of the modern media.

Just asking for some verification regarding pravda´s factual integrity in general...

(Please look away from the usual celebrity/ego/greed/propaganda articles every media outlet on the planet presents these days)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join