It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Portal discovered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First of all i didn't know where to post this up.So, i'm sorry if this subject does not precisely belong to this part of the forum.
Secondly i don't know if it's old news for you but like i didn't find many entries for "time portal" I'm posting this up...with the hope it is not.

I caught this from a forum i use to post but basically i think the OG source is this ONE but can't be sure

Dec, 2004
Time has been one of the most complicated and less studied scientific issues since ancient times
Eight years ago, American and British scientists who conducted investigations in Antarctica made a sensational discovery. US physicist Mariann McLein told the researchers noticed some spinning gray fog in the sky over the pole on January 27 which they believed to be just ordinary sandstorm. However, the gray fog did not change the form and did not move in the course of time. The researchers decided to investigate the phenomenon and launched a weather balloon with equipment capable to register the wind speed, the temperature and the air moisture. But the weather balloon soared upwards and immediately disappeared.

In a little while, the researchers brought the weather balloon back to the ground with the help of a rope attached to it before. They were extremely surprised to see that a chronometer set in the weather balloon displayed the date of January 27, 1965, the same day 30 years ago. The experiment was repeated several times after the researchers found out the equipment was in good repair. But each time the watch was back it displayed the past time. The phenomenon was called "the time gate" and was reported to the White House.

Today investigation of the unusual phenomenon is underway. It is supposed that the whirl crater above the South Pole is a tunnel allowing to penetrate into other times. What is more, programs on launching people to other times have been started. The CIA and the FBI are fighting for gaining control over the project that may change the course of history. It is not clear when the US federal authorities will approve the experiment.

``````````````````````````````````````
Mod Note please use 'ex' tags for external material

[edit on 21/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

from the above link

The last record made in the framework of the experiment and kept at the Institute archives says: "We are dying but keep on conducting the experiment. It is very dark here; we see all objects become double, our hands and legs are transparent, we can see veins and bones through the skin. The oxygen supply will be enough for 43 hours, the life support system is seriously damaged. Our best regards to the families and friends!" Then the transmission suddenly stopped.

Olga Zharina

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Voilà
Don't you peope think this is VERY VERY INTERESTING?

```````````````````````````
Additional Mod Note; Please use only 3 or 4 paragraphs of cut/paste from the article since the link is available in your OP

[edit on 21/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think it is extremely interesting indeed, that story is fascinating, I am going to see if I can contact these people, do you think they speak english?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Uh Oh ! Pravada ! *Gulp*

Sorry but they are the equivalent of weekly world news. At least their stories are better.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by timedrifter
I think it is extremely interesting indeed, that story is fascinating, I am going to see if I can contact these people, do you think they speak english?

Well everybody speak english nowadays

I don't know if they practice a very good english but they certainly speak a bit of english

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
See my previous postings on anything coming from Pravda.ru please mate, pravda is like reading a marvel comic. Its fiction and is not to be taken serious in any way shape or form, purely printed for your entertainment only and not ever factual.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1

Originally posted by timedrifter

Well everybody speak english nowadays

I don't know if they practice a very good english but they certainly speak a bit of english
thanks themaster1, cool, I will persue and get back to this thread and see what comes up.

for the rest of you, they name the actual scientists though, dont you know Men In Black tip sheets when you see them?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
allright lol so that's a hoax aha my bad well i didnt pay atention to the site really but now that you telling me this ....

Ok I'll think twice before starting a thread like this next time

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
www.ufoarea.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

even though I dont think your funny, I found good info there

its OK, I have a sense of humor too.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

US physicist Mariann McLein told the researchers noticed some spinning gray fog in the sky over the pole on January 27 which they believed to be just ordinary sandstorm.

Sand strorm above the antartic pole? Snow storm maybe, but an 'ordinary sandstorm'? I find that harder to believe than a portal!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
That phenomenon in Antarctica that occured, I read about that a few years back from a couple sources. I dont know whether its true or not as I do not understand that much, though I would like to beleive it true, and it brings up the topic of what was the cause of this spinning gray fog?

Was it due to a magnetic anomaly? Wind speed and direction? Air pressure? Solar radiation levels or solar flare activity as the trigger?

And if people are begining to be used in experiments in time, how do we know if they have achieved changing anything?

As is the same principle in the John Titor thread regarding time and such, if someone from timeline A (current time) goes back in time regardless whether they have done anything, just by them being there would change that particular timeline by a fraction thus creating timeline B, and when going back to his original timeline A, wouldnt his travels have changed his original timeline so that it is now timeline C ?

Some of the guys from the Titor thread are very good with the theory behind it. The only "practical" way explained to me to achieve time travel is to actually remove a person from the current timeline and stall their timeline thus when returning to the original timeline, it seems that they have travelled into the future.

Heres an example - if 2 twin brothers of 20 years old, one stays on earth and the other travels in a craft into space. The craft travels at light speed for say 5 years and returns to earth, where the remaining twin has always been. Thou the remaining twin is now 50 years old.

This theory occurs because time slows when traveling at the speed of light so the twin in the space craft's time was much slower whilst the twins on earth was at normal pace, and when he returned the diverging timelines rejoined.

Does that make sense? I tried as much as I can, hopefully others can contribute.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Heres an example - if 2 twin brothers of 20 years old, one stays on earth and the other travels in a craft into space. The craft travels at light speed for say 5 years and returns to earth, where the remaining twin has always been. Thou the remaining twin is now 50 years old.

This theory occurs because time slows when traveling at the speed of light so the twin in the space craft's time was much slower whilst the twins on earth was at normal pace, and when he returned the diverging timelines rejoined.

Does that make sense? I tried as much as I can, hopefully others can contribute.

Hey Melbourne, I'm not sure I agree, and at the same time I don't want to de rail this thread, but the constant in the above post is 5 years... so he'll be five years older regardless where his bro has been.... he's come back after 5 earth years period.

just my 2 cents, but its all theory isn't.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by one_small_step]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

allright lol so that's a hoax aha my bad well i didnt pay atention to the site really but now that you telling me this ....

Ok I'll think twice before starting a thread like this next time

Nah, start threads like this all you want, easiest way to discuss if something is serious or not.. just watch where the story comes from before you believe 100% .. It might also be best if you find an incredible story like such to back it up with a number of scientific journals and main stream news .. because news of such magnitude if true would hardly be a breaking story for a small time tabloid.
Keep up the good work..

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Very inderesting indeed, but wrong forum
Better go to science and technology forum

My 5 cent...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto

US physicist Mariann McLein told the researchers noticed some spinning gray fog in the sky over the pole on January 27 which they believed to be just ordinary sandstorm.

Sand strorm above the antartic pole? Snow storm maybe, but an 'ordinary sandstorm'? I find that harder to believe than a portal!

Pravda is fudge! Well, most of it. Two points here:

Firstly as brought out, a sandstorm at the poles??? Ok. Ok. Its a snow storm!! Just semantics eh?

The second point is, if the balloon with the clock had gone back in time, a part of the tether which was in the 'cloud' would have also gone back in time to the 60s. Now how about the part of the tether not in that cloud? That would have still been in real time, in 2002, or whenever the experiment was conducted! Read on.....

When the clock was pulled back in real time, how could it have shown the previous time? The darn thing together with part of the rope within the cloud should've disappeared into the 60s and the remainder portion of the rope should have fallen back to mother Earth!!

Now taking the same analogy forward, suppose I was half into that cloud with that balloon, with my legs sticking out in real time. Wow! I wonder what a 'time shear' feels like!! With my head in the 60s and my ass in real time!!

So all this is nothing but a big load of crap!!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Interesting topic.

For the Short Stories Forum perhaps.

Gotta love Pravda.

[edit on 2/21/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
See my previous postings on anything coming from Pravda.ru please mate, pravda is like reading a marvel comic. Its fiction and is not to be taken serious in any way shape or form, purely printed for your entertainment only and not ever factual.

This man speaks the truth.

Believing anything from Pravda.ru is akin to believing the ravings of a crackhead. However, if you persist, please pm me, I have some oceanfront property in downtown Moscow to sell you

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Hey Melbourne, I'm not sure I agree, and at the same time I don't want to de rail this thread, but the constant in the above post is 5 years... so he'll be five years older regardless where his bro has been.... he's come back after 5 earth years period.

just my 2 cents, but its all theory isn't.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by one_small_step]

Aigh, I will disagree with him as well..

While in theory though hard to prove, going at the speed of light AGANIST the Earths orbit or gravitational force will make time on Earth pass faster then the Craft, or the Craft goes slower. With theoretical test they have been able to go back in time by the nano seconds to seconds but nothing more. The problem is you would have to be in a huge craft and going that fast against Earth rotation will bring you out of orbit.

But speed has very little to do with it.. the biggest alternator in time is gravity.. when you are on the inside boundry of a black hole, theoretically though impossible to prove, time will stand still as ages pass on Earth making you go FORWARD in time. - so theoretically though only a hypothesis, if one where to be in a place where there was 100% NO gravity or less then no gravity if possible then you could go back in time if moving against it as time passed on Earth, but again impossible to prove.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This timeline sux anyway I'm all for ppl going back to medieval with pepsi cans etc

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
so theoretically though only a hypothesis, if one where to be in a place where there was 100% NO gravity or less then no gravity if possible then you could go back in time if moving against it as time passed on Earth, but again impossible to prove.

That place is called space... time goes on, and no-one can reverse, fast-forward or stop time. All this time travel crap, reminds me of star trek.

I'm surprised no-one brought that theory up.

For the clock that rewinds time... I wouldn't be surprised if there was a blimp above the fog (or causing it), with a couple of guys rewinding the time and having a laugh.

Or maybe the people on the other side, wonders if their equipment is faulty and chnges the time

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join