It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Deaths Clinton vs Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This thread is a joke.

I have little love for partisans either left or right, and this troll is a perfect example of the kind of deceptive propaganda die-hard ideologues seem to love.

When a political ideology becomes a core element of your identity, you've stopped being a conscious being and chosen to become an automaton instead.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I while it is not cool to use the men and women who servered us at so great a price. I would point out that the Anti-war people use these kind of stats far more than the Pro-war people do. How many threads have started with a number that are currently dead, etc.I have actually gotten into a fight with a anti-war protester who wore a the picture of a dead marine on his shirt. I know because when we finished I took the shirt home and buried it with respect.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why would you present the information like that? Its rather deceptive.

You are taking the number of military personel that died while clinton was in office, whether it was a soldier being shot by serbs in the balkans, or dying in a car accident in nebraska, over 8 years, and comparing it to the number of soldiers killed in Iraq or Afghanistan over 3 years.

It had BETTER be a higher death tally with teh 8 year any cause, anywhere, Clinton data than with the 3 year, only in iraq and afghanistan, Bush data.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Nygdan]

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Nygdan]

Nygdan,

I can tell you why? As much as I hate to admit it I do listen to Rush and his total propaganda broadcast. Not because I think of him any more than a total idiot. But simply to combat people who wish to listen to this non-sense. The guy who started this thread was listening to the Limbaugh show and this statement was broadcast by some stiff filling in for Limbaugh. It's total right wing propaganda spun for the conservative's who still can't get over the fact that the media has much more respect for Clinton not that he's any better than Bush but just that Republicans and Conservatives hate the fact that the media can still sell Clinton. This is the same "old" play book the right uses.. Bash Clinton 7 years after he has left office? I about dropped my water bottle when I seen this head line for this post and then I seen it was RR and I knew he was having a Limbaugh moment and just shrugged it off.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Ok, well I just have a quick question here.

Did'nt the stuf in Kosovo and Eastern Europe where we involved
oursleves happen at this time?

Beyond that though, you should be ashamed of yourself for using
the deaths of those who served to add further spin to the topic and
make yourself feel better about your own warped lille views.

LOL common iori you know that Dems use the number of dead ALL the time! .. OMg we lost another one in the war we should pull out ...

Home of the Brave are we?

If the Dems use the number of dead as a sign we should leave, what is wrong with useing the number of dead as a reason to stay?

Because personally I don't think 3k is that much, 10k-20k-50k thats alot.. 3k? .. Common.. we go to war, loose a helicopter and we run out? .. thats an average of 1k people a year, including accidents, how can you complain about those numbers?? .. man.. the military just cant win.. This nation has only a few decades left.. the mentality and the lack of nationalism will bring it to its knees.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
3K-ehhhh not so bad???..
20Kish injured.....????

Come on..I know the democrats have no answers for this war....and if the conservatives wish to wage war against terrorism and take the fight to them and prevent them from coming here? Ummm..(Open boarders) yea... that really makes no sense? Money? Now that makes sense and since war=profits..well that makes it all better? Hey my defense stock went up 2 points today at the cost of some families life so I guess I should support the administration?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join