It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Pakistani Minister Murdered for not Wearing Veil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
the libra,

After reading your post I came to the conclusion that you are right on the money.

I also think men who advocate covering up a woman's hair and face must be incredibly weak and easily tempted.

Woman are looked upon as property by lots of men, not just those who practice the religion of Islam. So in many respects even non Muslim men are no better in the way they treat their women i.e domestic violence, rape etc.

Sad, sick , stupid world I live in ...wish the aliens would get me away from here

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
all you women out there who feel bad for women in hijab may want to ask the women in hijab et all themselves.
Some may feel bad, some may feel extremely devote, and others may just not choose to follow that.
Islam is not the 'Arab' way of practising it. Hec the majority of muslims are OUTSIDE the middle-east.
Hec the country with the seond highest number of muslims is a freakin secular democracy.
I am proud of the muslims(men and women) in my country.
Most set a fine example of how such a religion can thrive in an extremely diverse and multi-ethnic environment. Most muslim women I know do not wear the hijab and those who do, well the rest of us respect that decision. The converse is also true.
Everyone respects the other's freedom of choice. Of course there are miscreants in every community, but they don't dare raise their heads for too long and too often.
Discrimination of any religion boils down to racism becuse their is NO other analogy for it. Well racism is perphaps no the word but communal biggotry is.Thats just as bad.

Islam is not the root cause. Society is..

I am also of the opinion that most of the educated muslims in Pakistan are of the same caliber. Its just that Pakistan has dug itself into a sh*thole by supporting the Taleban and now they're drowning in it..
If democracy and secular ideology taken firm root in Pakistan right and the onset of this nation's formation, then things would've been better.

Unfortunately the very creation of Pakistan was on the basis of a separate home for the muslim population of the Indian subcontinent.
Oh how wrong those guys were!! Not only did they create an unstable nation, but they robbed the subcontinent from becoming a united nation, robbed us of our early acsendancy to regional and global dominance.
Fools!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I am feeling sorry for any women who feel oppressed whatever race, colour or creed.

And I am educated enough to know that many women who wear the hijab or similar do not feel oppressed. It is all about how the men treat them.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well then they have the freedom to flee..
They have to weigh the advs and disadvs of fleeing just as a abused wife with kids would have to..
Unfortunate but that's the way it is..

You cannot control the environment in which you were brought into this world. You can choose to control your environment thereafter.
There are many countries(not too far from the are in question), which offer a lifestyle suitable to their choice.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
XphilesPhan

Matthew 15:11 (King James Version)

11Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

I will agree that this appears to cover the issue. For the
record however, I am not a bible thumper I just thought
that it might add an interesting aspect to discuss when
delving into the dangerously opinionated "religion"
arena.

I normaly would not even be on this thread but as I stated
earlier my girlfreind is from Pakistan. IMO the whole
event is a tragedy and should not be overlooked simply
based on ones personal choice of religious beliefs.

For example the same thing may have happened here in the U.S. but it may have been some psycho who thought
he had been instructed to kill every 100th person in the
phone book in whatever city, by whatever "higher power"
he believed in. In fact something of that order happens
every day in the U.S. You just don't see it reported to
A.T.S. That does not address that somone was killed
not in the act of defense but in the act of control!!!

Peace XphilesPhan

And as always

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia...wish the aliens would get me away from here

If you had any idea how close to the truth you really are...

*cracks knuckles* Well here goes, for all its worth...

In stories there are elements that are universally true. By crosing cultures and time periods these elements can be identified.

ahem...

Rife with good and bad guys, popular culture hides under its mantle the origins of the elusive UFO, the "alien", and the fantastic such as demons and the hosts of Mordor, such classes as these which can be found thoughout history the world over. That is because popular culture is folklore, and folklore is more fundamantal and enduring than state religion.

BUT...instead of writing these elements off to humanity's creative faculties, let us suppose the invariance is attributable to a real phenomena. And furthermore taking into account history as a lesson that repeats itself, when we observe ourselves attempting to recreate life in the AI we take over the same job of that which we believe is responsible of our own existence.

What is the end result? I am sure everyone here is familiar with the Terminator movies. Well, mix this with a gradual decline of pursuit of principle and an increasing pursuit of resources, and then it becomes a powderkeg. I will explain further on.

Now I am aware I am asking my audience to accept many controversial ideas at once and take several leaps, but this must be done if we are to lift the lid on the proverbial can of worms to see what is inside.

One more thing must be accepted. It is that humans possess souls. And that is not possible with an AI or Frankenstein. So how do we know that something like this did not occurr in the dim past when the universe was younger? We don't, and taking history as a lesson that repeats itself universally, the analogy seems more plausible than ever.

As above, so below. As within, so without. As now, so it was. Our Muslim brethern called them the Jinn, those souless abominations who walked the Earth when her ground was glowing hot magma and posionous vapors filled the heavens, and Man was just a covalent bond in some organic molecules. These are your enemy, hidden behind millions of years of deception and onion layers of forms, with long hungry tendrils reaching deep within our hearts to ignite fear, hate, and all manner of evil that nightmares are made of. And of late it has become easier with so much despair compounding upon itself.

Oh yes, powderkeg. We have got to have that oil, so add greed to it. And anger. What a nice mix. A real perpetual pain machine, it is certainly impressive. But I digress.

I am sure there are some fundamentalists that would agree wholeheartedly with me, but that is not the company I want to keep. I like what Rodney Dangerfield said in Sweet Nicky, "Even in Hell I don't get no respect!", gotta love it. There is a balance of power, and we are not in control of any of it. Just look to the good, the true, and the beautiful, and maybe, just maybe, we will not become permanently extinct.

And look up Mordor in Wikipedia. Therein is enlightenment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join