It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Pakistani Minister Murdered for not Wearing Veil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Female Pakistani Minister Murdered for not Wearing Veil

Source Link: www.foxnews.com

A Pakistani minister and woman’s activist was shot dead Tuesday by an Islamic extremist for refusing to wear the veil.

Zilla Huma Usman, the minister for social welfare in Punjab province and an ally of President Pervez Musharraf, was killed as she was about to deliver a speech to dozens of party activists, by a “fanatic”, who believed that she was dressed inappropriately and that women should not be involved in politics, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
[sarcasm]
NO! not from a religion of PEACE! This is impossible! This has got to be right wing spin to make the world hate the freedom loving, peaceful, muslims! [/sarcasm]

Do we really need any more evidence that islam is a religion inspired by satan himself? muslims freely admit that satan worte parts of the koran!!!!! I mean come on! What do they need to do, grow horns and a tail?

Sheesh,...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
When will some men on this planet wake up and realise that it is them that need to wear a paper bag (or similar) over their stupid ugly heads and faces because many of us women find them offensive ??

Who died and left these morons in charge ??

Maybe a few more women in politics would serve this planet well

[edit on 20-2-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Quoting just some of what the muslim appeasers and apologists are about to post on this thread:

"Why is the fact that he (the shooter) was a muslim important?"

"If it had been a Baptist shooting a politician, you wouldn't say that ..."

"But not every muslim shoots pakistani government officials ..."

"This is just Fox's journalistic propaganda trying to make muslims look bad ..."

"He (the shooter) could be Jewish, or Christian. And yes, he could be Buddhist too ..."

ad nauseum ...

Did I pretty much cover all the excuses?

Religion of peace? No, religion of death.

[edit on 2/20/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeah centurion, it's the religion of death who bombed the hell out of 44 countries since the end of World War 2.

The religion of greed, money and power, the religion of the militaro-industrial complex and their allies and supporters.

Those extremists cases don't represents the whole religion, this is just absurd generalization. When this woman was killed by an asshat, dozens died in Iraq, but of course, you couldn't even cry a little for those iraq's families who were killed so you can enjoy a good show on TV and brag about how you support the war.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
[sarcasm]Well since Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist and a Christian I guess that means that all Christians are terrorists. Thank goodness I'm of the superior and peace loving Pastafarian religion instead of those death loving Christians.[/sarcasm]

Yeah, Centurion I think you see where this is going. You fail to understand that most of those people that you're calling muslim appeasers and apologists are far from what you call them. They believe in two things that are sacred to what it really means to be American; Tolerance and the First Amendment.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
[edit on 20-2-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This is what happens when you mix government, culture, and religion into a theocracy.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Do we really need any more evidence that islam is a religion inspired by satan himself?

Yes, because we all know extremists don't exist in any other faith, and using cases where extremists kill others is enough justification to label and entire group like them. So now all whites are part of the KKK, all Christians bomb abortion clinics, and republicans are puppets. Am I correct in my reasoning?

Please show us where in the Quran it says that a woman must be killed for not wearing a veil.

muslims freely admit that satan worte parts of the koran!!!!!

This has to be the most ignorant statement I have ever read on here. If "muslims" claimed that, then they are not "muslim."

I mean come on! What do they need to do, grow horns and a tail?

Before what? You convince everyone to be a prejudice? Face it, there are more peaceful Muslims in the world than extremists, and yet you choose to follow selective cases to justify your prejudice behavior. You said Satan wrote the Quran. Does that include:

“I seek refuge in God from Satan the accursed.” (Surrah 16:98)

"O you who have attained to faith! Surrender yourselves wholly unto God, and follow not Satan's footsteps, for, verily, he is your open foe." (Surrah 2:208)

"O MANKIND! Partake of what is lawful and good on earth, and follow not Satan's footsteps: for, verily, he is your open foe." (Surrah 2:168)

"He holds out promises to them, and fills them with vain desires: yet whatever Satan promises them is but meant to delude the mind." (Surrah 4:120)

Sheesh,...

Exactly!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Could a mod ban those intolerant, racists, ignorants neo-cons from ATS? Please.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I agree with Revelmonk.

Religion's usefullness has come and gone, we need to reject baseless dogma. Its holding us back as a species.

oh.

and...

Dogma makes baby Jesus cry.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Religion of peace? No, religion of death.

I guess this is good news for all other faiths, since no one has ever died in the name of any other religion. Am I right?

Also, I haven't killed anyone, nor want to, nor am commanded to by my faith. But I can assure you that some Islamophobes have no problem with the death of Muslims.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BallOfPopulation
Religion's usefullness has come and gone, we need to reject baseless dogma. Its holding us back as a species.

I disagree. I have known many people who would have committed suicide by now if they did not have religion in their lives. The purpose of religion is not only to inspire, but to give meaning to one's life. Without a meaning, many are left feeling abandoned. I actually converted one of my friends to Judaism (it takes a few years, but she's still waiting for the rabbi to approve her converting), who was very suicidal and now she is the happiest person I know.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
She was killed for not dressing appropriately?

Seems to me that she was a supporter of an unpopular government that has allied itself to the Western WoT at the expense of the majority of citizens, and in the face of their (often violent) objections, and was lucky to avoid getting shot up until now. The political climate in Pakistan with Musharaaf at the lead is..downright violent.

That reportage from FOX makes it seem so simple. What are other outlets saying?

Link

Attacks on politicians are a regular occurrence in Pakistan, where rivalry between parties often boils over into violence.

That's interesting...

What else? Who was the guy that killed her?

www.hindu.com...

Nazir identified the suspected attacker as Mohammed Waris, who investigators were still questioning to find out why he targeted the official.

Wait, was it that guy, or this guy - Sarwar, Waris, Mohammed, Ghulam which is it?

www.ndtv.com...

According to District Police Officer, Gujaranwala, Sarwar had been accused of killing 12 call girls of Lahore. He was arrested for killing of call girls and was released from the jail last year.

Link

Several assistants of her assistants at the meeting managed to contain the shooter, identified as Ghulam Sarwar.

Sarwar was released from prison last year, after he served a sentence for the murder of 12 prostitutes in Lahore.

Even more interesting. I don't know if there's some local naming convention that's screwing me up, just thought it was noteworthy that the gunman's name changed a few times.

The guy was a complete nut, apparently (or a perfect patsie), look at this history!

Oh, and if you notice, the number of bullets fired changed too.

www.paktribune.com...

The minister was attacked during an open public meeting held at Muslim League House near Civil Lines police station Gujranwala. Attacker was identified as Ghulam Sarwar, who fired bullets in the head and shoulder of the provincial minister. The Minister’s driver and other people attending the meeting caught the attacker.

Minor things like that tend to make me think there's more to talk about than the religion of the murderer.

I thought this ATS was place to look for inconsistencies, theorize about alternate possibilities, discuss ideas and learn and grow together by sharing information about conspiracies. Silly me...

Oh, and Centurion, you wanna let me handle my end of the argument next time we disagree, you're not doing me any favors by arguing for me.
Seriously, I'm one of those people you're talking about, and I'm perfectly capable of speaking for myself.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
[sarcasm]Well since Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist and a Christian I guess that means that all Christians are terrorists. Thank goodness I'm of the superior and peace loving Pastafarian religion instead of those death loving Christians.[/sarcasm]

Nice try, but timothy McVeigh was ONE man, well maybe more than one but certainly not part of a world wide phenomenon. Also, I dont recall McVeigh stating that he did it in the name of God to kill nonbelievers.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I actually converted one of my friends to Judaism, who was very suicidal and now she is the happiest person I know.

Well if it helps them to be happy. But the majority of people I know don't need religion to live happily, the religion oppressed our population for too long, now people are against it but still have the good teachings of it like love, ect...

I think that if you believe in yourself you don't need a religion.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by BallOfPopulation

I disagree. I have known many people who would have committed suicide by now if they did not have religion in their lives. The purpose of religion is not only to inspire, but to give meaning to one's life. Without a meaning, many are left feeling abandoned. I actually converted one of my friends to Judaism (it takes a few years, but she's still waiting for the rabbi to approve her converting), who was very suicidal and now she is the happiest person I know.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

Well, I was suicidal when I was a Christian.

And you can believe in a higher power without dogma and strict rules. You don't need a holy book to believe in a God, and feel inspired. Which is the point, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Please show us where in the Quran it says that a woman must be killed for not wearing a veil.

you show it to me! Im not the one quoting passages from the satanic manifesto.

This has to be the most ignorant statement I have ever read on here. If "muslims" claimed that, then they are not "muslim."

www.muhammadanism.org...

there ya go, have a look at the satanic manifesto you are toting.

Before what? You convince everyone to be a prejudice? Face it, there are more peaceful Muslims in the world than extremists, and yet you choose to follow selective cases to justify your prejudice behavior. You said Satan wrote the Quran.

My prejudice behavior? I am not the one who has declared that all "non-believers" should be put to the sword. I am not the one commiting acts of wanton violence on a daily basis. I am not the one who stones women to death for showing an ounce of individuality.

If you want to go join up with the muslims, go for it.

Yeah, I would also appreciate it if you would not quote the word of satan to me. I am not a muslim, their believes means nothing to me. If they continue with their violent bigoted ways, then they shall receive what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
When will some men on this planet wake up and realise that it is them that need to wear a paper bag (or similar) over their stupid ugly heads and faces because many of us women find them offensive ??

what the hell is that?!

It's not ALL men who want women to be covered up. just the muslims.

I have no problem with women living freely as they choose to. I think they should. I dont think they should cover themselves up and I find them quite beautiful.

Maybe a few more women in politics would serve this planet well

[edit on 20-2-2007 by resistancia]

Well, maybe....

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As though some of you Islamophobes are concerned about the civil rights of Muslim women. The majority of you who are quick to point out the shortcomings of Islamics towards others, have no qualms about the rights of your own fellow Americans being taken away, yet you "worry" and "sympathize" because women are ill-treated in Islamic countries. BS this is just ammunition for some of you. You know if you had your way, it wouldn't be Veils getting in your mind, it would be religion and you woulld be more then happy to take that right away from them if it was up to you.

So please stop with the act like you are concerned about how others treat their own kind and start worrying about OUR country and whats being done here as well as abroad in OUR names first. Stop looking at what AHmed Ibn Butros is doing in pakistan and worry about what John Smith is doing to screw over other Americans.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join