It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born on a Blue Day...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hi, I'm a new member of this site, so forgive me if this posting is inappropriate or inconsequential, but I just finished reading the book "Born on a Blue Day" which is written by the Autistic Savant, Daniel Tammet.
For those of you that aren't familiar with his story, Daniel is a highly functioning Autistic-spectrum savant that also has synthesia, which allows him to experience numbers as colors, shapes and sounds resulting in amazing abilities in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (algebra is off limits due to alphanumeric components, i.e. variables).
Why post this on this particular thread, you ask? Because of one particularly interesting recollection that Daniel relates in his book in which he talks about his lonliness as a young child.
He relates being a young child walking by himself in a playground when a very tall, very old woman in indigo robes approaches him. He talks for a few sentances about their continued relationship and conversations over what seems to be quite a few weeks and the severance of that relationship and equates his friend as "imaginary" and a "manifestation" of his beginning to long for friendship.
The passage sent shivers up my spine, because a tall, white haired figure in long indigo robes just brings up the strongest feelings of familiarity in me, and I know that others have described similar experiences with beings of similar descriptions.
I lent out the book yesterday or I would quote the pg. #, but if anyone has read the book and has any ideas about Daniel's "imaginary friend" I would love to hear them.
To have a man that doesn't see the point (due to his autism) of fictional novels, have an "imaginary friend" just seems odd...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Welcome to the forum angst, your story is quite something! The abilities of autistic children and adults alike is something I hope will someday show more then just a held back imaginative mind.

Also, as good as this read is, and how I'd love to discuss it further with you, I don't think this belongs in the Aliens and UFOs section, I'd sat it's better suited for a section like. "Paranormal." Thanks and please, keep posting.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Interesting story, angst18 and welcome to ATS.

I am going to move your thread to the paranormal board, since I feel that is where it should belong.

However, if it does begin to have an 'extraterrestrial connection' as the thread develops, please U2U me and I'll ask for it to be moved back to A&U.

I can't wait to hear more details about this.

join