It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes i would like to see in the anonamus posting system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would like to see anonamus posts actually in the threads. This way its easier for you to link the post to the actual thread itself without having to look through the whole anonamus board to see what someone has put. Does anyone agree with this.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes, a tittle on the posts please.

Some headline or name of the thread it is in respond to would make the anonymous board ten times more worth.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by silk101
I would like to see anonamus posts actually in the threads.

Good idea. Here's another one ...

I'd like to see anon. posts done away with. I have seen a huge amount of waste in them and I have seen cowards post in them and hide behind the anon name ...

But the powers want the anon posts ... so since we have to have them, I think your idea of having them in the threads, or at least links to them from the threads, is good.

edited to add - I don't even look at them anymore ... sorry.

[edit on 2/20/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I fail to see the logic in having posts and opinions from non-members consuming our threads. Sure, there are plenty of posts on the anonymous board that are worthy of ATS. But others are not and would be making a lot of threads unreadable. Not everybody wants to read the anonymous posts, so having them in the threads would also deter members from even attempting to read them. So if we, as members, are interested in seeing what non-members have had to say, I think it is appropriate that we have a whole other section for these posts.

If a non-member could post right in the thread, what would be the incentive of even signing up?

Sure, members have plenty of services available to them that make it well worth our time to register. But non-members may not be aware of this, and may register so they can respond directly to something. By allowing them the ability to directly respond to something, without registering, may detract new members from signing up.

I rarely check out the anonymous board, maybe once a day, and I would be very disappointed to see our threads filled with posts of non-members.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by silk101
I would like to see anonamus posts actually in the threads. This way its easier for you to link the post to the actual thread itself without having to look through the whole anonamus board to see what someone has put. Does anyone agree with this.

Oh,no!!!! I think the system they have now is just fine. If people want to read anonymous posts they can go to the anonymous posting section. If they choose not to, then they don't have to... It's my opinion that integrating anonymous posts with that of members causes nothing but problems...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You know, I got to thinking... Perhaps what could be done is that each thread have a link to the anonymous posts pertaining to that thread... If someone wants to post an anonymous post or read other anonymous posts pertaining to that thread, he/she could just click onto that link... It's just an idea....

However, I think that integrating anonymous posts into the posts with members is a mistake. I mean, I don't mean to be crude, but look at the mess over at godlike... I'd venture to say that there are more anonymous posters over there than there are members... I don't think that's a direction ATS wants to go...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Good idea. Here's another one ...

I'd like to see anon. posts done away with. I have seen a huge amount of waste in them and I have seen cowards post in them and hide behind the anon name ...

[edit on 2/20/2007 by FlyersFan]

Flyers, I'd also be in favor of that... I wasn't a fan of the whole anonymous posting thing when it was first suggested and still am not. I certainly don't think that anon posters should be allowed to post with the members.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No, I don't think so either.

But instead of just saying "Anon.AboveTopSecret.com" in todays listing, the subject of the post should be listed. I don't think many go to look just because it says another anon post is up.

Real ATS'ers don't care about anonymous posts, but if it is in respons to some hot topic they might.

I.e. the topic of the anon post must be listed. Like Speakerof Truth just suggested.

Perhaps what could be done is that each thread have a link to the anonymous posts pertaining to that thread... If someone wants to post an anonymous post or read other anonymous posts pertaining to that thread, he/she could just click onto that link... It's just an idea....

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'd like to see a character limit just like our posts. There's a post there now about Freemasons that must be around 20k characters. Anonymously!

top topics

join