It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can ghosts manifest themselves in patterns ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
sometimes i lay on my bed staring at the curtains or drapes for you yanks

and i see some really scary faces looking at me, the rational part of my mind says that it is just part of my brain trying to make sense of what it sees,

but what if ?

i remember a while back i saw a photo of this guy on the internet, it was just a normal photo of a guy in his apartment, but he was stood with his back to a large poster of the Matrix, the way the sun was reflecting off of the poster looked like there was a hideous monster scoweling at him. it was a really freaky image ! anybody seen this picture ?

i will try and do a google for it.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by RedDanDoc]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well lets see if this yank can help explain or enlighten you a bit.

With all the things ghosts have been credited for I have no doubt they are limited too severely to bed-sheets, static and weird noises in creepy looking places. I would see no reason why this couldn't be a case where you just happen to pick up on its movement, but when I read what you said, something else came to mind.

I know a few things about the way a eye reacts and looking at something straight for a while can case (At least in my eyes) tiny things that happen to be on my eye to come forward and as your cornea retracts, you pick up on it, these things can be tiny organisms, dust or maybe just something natural on your eye, but I doubt this is what you saw at any rate!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Could be a phenomina called matrixing. Basically the human eye's ability to attribute various patterns to taking on a huminoid or any familiar shape. Like people who see the face of jesus in tree bark. The overlying patterns are close enough for our brains to assume we are looking at a figure but in actuallity it's just an overlapping layering of random patterns.

Ghosts do follow a routien or pattern sometimes. They are called residual haunts. Basically everytime the conditions are right the ghosts can manifest. But it is still unaware of it's self. It's like an imprint on the environmnet, and not an actuall spirit that is haunting someplace. You can see a ghost that repeats the same action over and over, like a tape constantly being rewound or a record skipping.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowyfoe
Well lets see if this yank can help explain or enlighten you a bit.

With all the things ghosts have been credited for I have no doubt they are limited too severely to bed-sheets, static and weird noises in creepy looking places. I would see no reason why this couldn't be a case where you just happen to pick up on its movement, but when I read what you said, something else came to mind.

I know a few things about the way a eye reacts and looking at something straight for a while can case (At least in my eyes) tiny things that happen to be on my eye to come forward and as your cornea retracts, you pick up on it, these things can be tiny organisms, dust or maybe just something natural on your eye, but I doubt this is what you saw at any rate!

what i have been seeing looks like one guy with wearing shades grinning at me ! and all kinds of weird looking faces.

really detailed looking images that like disapear when you look away and then look back.

i think its my brain trying to process information in the dark.

i guess i shold stop listening to paranormal podcasts when in bed

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Some paranormal researchers use a white noise generator. White noise is random, like the patterns on your curtain. Some researchers use these generators, as a tool for ghosts to use. The theory is that they can use the energy of the white noise generator and manipulate the machine thus adding their own inflections to the random patterns allowing a pattern to emerge out of the randomness.

Maybe they can do that with light like they in theory can with sound. I have thories of my own that say light= bad for a ghost. But maybe. I know it's a printed pattern and not a light one, but ehhhh...who knows.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
those ghosts who manifest themselves on that floor in that house in spain give food for thought. i forget the name but the fces moved about .

top topics

join