It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Cattle Mutilation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Some time ago I saw a photograph on a website (non-UFO) that showed a small deer found dead in a forest. The deer had no lips. They had been removed with precision leaving an all-too familiar rictus grin on its face. The photographer, and poster of the picture, however, had observed a fox gnawing at the face of the carcass beforehand.

Animals such as foxes will feed on carrion by gnawing at the most accessible soft tissues. They use their incisors and nibble rapidly at the flesh leaving a very neat edge that is often described as a ‘laser’ or ‘surgical incision’. Other areas of loose tissue include udders, genitals, and the rectum. These areas all have flesh devoid of unpalatable hair or fur and are easily accessible to the teeth.

Considering the photos we have all seen of mutilated animals it would be interesting to know if the tissue loss continues on the side that is lying against the ground. Have the lips, for instance, been removed from both sides of the jaw, or just the accesible side?

When these events are connected to alien intervention and not natural predators I have always wondered why this should be. Sure, it makes a fascinating story, but do we have any evidence other than speculation and conjecture?

For those who are convinced such mutilations are carried out by extraterrestrial visitors, consider this hypothetical scenario-

An exploratory spacecraft travels from the Pleiades to observe the planet earth. The visitors see the pyramids, vast cities, highly technical machines and devices, intelligent life, breathtaking works of art, beautiful and varied animal species, various minerals, exotic plants and vast oceans filled with more incredible species. They land and collect samples to take back to the scientists and leaders of their planet. On their return home, after years of dangerous space travel, there is a huge reception and the event is reported live on televisions across the planet. The planet rulers greet them and ask what fine specimens they have brought back from Earth. The travellers hand over some sealed glass jars and proclaim, “Behold the cow’s arse and behold the cow’s lips – planet Earth is truly a place of wonders”

… in other words, of all the things a visiting extraterrestrial could collect, why would they choose an arsehole?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Mutilations are pretty hard to explain. I tend to believe they are largely hoaxed by people (as with crop circles) but every so often you see something that makes you wonder about both.

Here are few very well documented cases from an area around where I live.

www.spprc.org...
www.spprc.org...

If you are interested in the subject check them out.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's a very good, and graphic, example you linked to there, Dulcimer. But I wonder whether it shows nothing more than the results of carrion feeders and decomposition.

It is possible that human intervention may have been the cause of the animal's death -and in other cases, I'm sure, lightning is to blame. But the hallmark mutilations which have become synonymous with alien experimentation? - I suspect the local fauna is most likely responsible.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Best "logical" explanation I've ever heard on cattle mutilation.

Often black helicopters are reported around the time of cattle mutilation.

The explanation was/is: Cattle are on open ranges and graze. Their organs absorb what ever has fallen on their pastures.

Many of the cattle that have been mutilated were in wind direction from nuclear test areas.

Their organs can be tested for radiation fall out in their area.

I personally believe there is a collaboration between Black Ops and ETs.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
While I think that most of the latter day mutilations of livestock are the work of copycat killers (not unlike copycat crop circle makers), I still find the earliest cattle mutilations intriguing. Particularly the case of the "Snippy" mutilation in 1967, which was really the first such case attributed to aliens.

The first indication that this story was skewed early-on by the news media is the fact that the horse's name was not "Snippy"... The mutilated horse was actually named "Lady," but reporters seized the name of another horse (a living, non-mutilated one) on the same ranch in Alamosa, Colorado. Perhaps the name "Snippy" was just too apropos, too good to pass up, for a story about a horse with its flesh seemingly snipped away.

In a nutshell, "Lady" the horse went missing for 2 days before its carcass was discovered by her owners, and its head and neck had been denuded of flesh, right down to the skeleton, which was clean and white. No massive blood loss was apparent, although the ground immediately under the horse's head and neck was covered in a stinking, black, coagulated jelly. The day following the discovery, the rest of Lady's body started to rapidly decompose, producing a greenish goo that the owner says burned her fingers. Rather than the expected putrid stench, the owners described a "medicinal" odor at the scene which lasted for a couple of days after the discovery.

A ranger of the U.S. Forestry Service came out to investigate and was pretty much shocked by what he saw. Supposedly, he took Geiger counter readings at the scene, and found a peculiar increase in radioactivity a good distance away from the body.

As to the manner of Lady's demise, nobody can really say, because there were so many conflicting stories (by pathologists and pseudo-pathologists and veterinarians and crackpots) that the truth of the matter has merged with the fantasy. One examiner said that Lady was missing select vital organs (including her spinal column!!), while another examiner said that there was nothing about the case inconsistent with predation. One investigator said there was evidence of a debilitating infection in Lady's hindquarters, and that somebody had probably slit her throat to put her out of her misery. Another investigator said the horse was shot dead. And, way out on the fringe, it was suggested that the horse had been strung up into some sort of massive A-frame, and then dunked head-first into a vat of acid.

When the story finally broke nationally, a witness in the Alamosa vicinity reported seeing a triangle formation of red lights in the sky (this was 1967, mind you) just before Lady was killed and mutilated. Next thing you know, NICAP was involved, and the UFO-mutilation link was established.

And here's a mind-blowing bonus... Somebody is going to try to sell the skeleton of "Snippy" the horse on eBay in a few days:

Snippy for SALE!

Before you run to the bank and withdraw all your savings, however, you should be aware that this probably IS the skeleton of the REAL "Snippy," the horse that was alive and well when "Lady" was mutilated in 1967. So, you WON'T be buying "Lady," you'll be buying "Snippy," a regular old horse skeleton.

According to Jim Branson (nom de plume of the guy who wrote the classic "Weird America"), the actual skeleton of Lady the horse disintegrated "like shredded wheat" within a very short period of time after her death.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Snippy/Lady is a classic case but I wonder whether it was somewhat embelished at the time to make it more popular press-worthy. The green goo- a forestry service ranger who carries a gieger counter- the grass not growing back for over two years. Some of the story, fascinating though it is, has an apocryphal flavour. Do any photos of the horse in situ exist?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Do any photos of the horse in situ exist?

I've seen a few photos that were identified as the carcass of Lady, which would be just fine except that they show different animals in different positions in varying stages of decomposition. In other words, most if not all of the photos are probably hoaxes, as well. None of the photos I've seen fit the original condition of the horse as it was described by its owners. I mean, a full-bodied horse with its head melted off would stand out in my memory.

Interestingly, a few years after the story broke and was blown out of proportion, the intact skeleton of a gun-shot horse named "Snippy" was mounted for display in the Alamosa chamber of commerce or museum (no doubt for promotional purposes), and I'm fairly sure that this is the skeleton that is being auctioned on eBay. So there are plenty of photos of the promotional Snippy skeleton (hell, the sellers are even offering posters of the poor old animal), but I've never seen a convincing photo of Lady in situ.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here's the Snippy mounted skeleton you speak of, Doc

www.snippy.com...

includes a rather sensationalist report of the whole event, too. No mention of the name 'Lady' though! Bigging it up for ebay, perhaps!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion suspect the local fauna is most likely responsible.

Except carrion eaters such as buzzards, crows, coyotes and other scavengers avoid cattle that have been mutilated.

Here is a site by Linda Moulton Howe, the formost expert on CM.

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Except carrion eaters such as buzzards, crows, coyotes and other scavengers avoid cattle that have been mutilated.

This, I believe, is a fallacy. When mutilated carcasses are investigated, any wildlife feeding on them is scared off by the approach of the people doing the study. That is the most likely reason for the false belief that scavengers avoid mutilated animals.

If you look at the link in the second post in this thread you can see that the maggots have no qualms about feasting on a mutilated carcass. Also, and more relevant to your comment, the hide is spattered with bird droppings, probably dropped there by crows plucking hair for nesting material.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Often when speaking with my more "skeptical" friends, I may bring up mutes, and ask them " alien conspiracy or not, it is affecting people and why do many, for whatever reason, refuse to take it seriously enough to look further into?"

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by whaaa

This, I believe, is a fallacy. When mutilated carcasses are investigated, any wildlife feeding on them is scared off by the approach of the people doing the study. That is the most likely reason for the false belief that scavengers avoid mutilated animals.

If you look at the link in the second post in this thread you can see that the maggots have no qualms about feasting on a mutilated carcass. Also, and more relevant to your comment, the hide is spattered with bird droppings, probably dropped there by crows plucking hair for nesting material.

Good observations

From my first link, I found this to be interesting:

Pieces of tail hairs were discovered up to 300 feet or so away from the carcass in the west. The direction from which the carcass is facing away from.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And while we are on this subject I like pointing out this story (from the same source as my other links)

Adding to the high strangeness, only four days before on August 14, another of the Davidson herds and a neighbor's herd across the road had been spooked by something at night and broke out of their pasture fences. The night before that on August 13, Mr. Davidson's brother watched two dark helicopters fly over their ranch, one large and the other smaller. He had never seen that before.

Around the same time, the Davidsons were harvesting their pea fields, about eighteen miles from their ranch house and the pasture where the bull calf was found mutilated. In the pea fields were two circles of flattened plants. One circle was in a pea field three-eighths of a mile from the second pea field circle. Mr. Davidson estimated the diameter of each circle was 39 feet. He had never seen crop formations or a mutilated cow before this August of 2005.

Mutilations ! Black helicopters ! Crop circles !

That story has everything !
www.spprc.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Came across this document:

foia.fbi.gov...

It’s an FBI report on cattle mutilation dating back to the early/mid 70s.

It’s interesting that the initial letter drawing attention to the problem suggests the mystery has a non-ufo related origin- ‘…cattle have been dismembered in some kind of strange witchcraft cult’, it muses. Perhaps such a primary reaction is because around this time American popular culture was still reeling from the 'satanic' Manson crime/trial.

Mystery helicopters are also mentioned being seen in the areas of attack and reports that the left ear and left eye were missing along with the usual mutilation signs. It would be interesting to know if the left side of the prone animal was uppermost in these cases as this would naturally result in the left side of the animal being damaged by carrion feeders.

Included is a newspaper clipping with a headline that reads ‘Mutilated Cattle, Helicopters & UFOs’ though the poor quality reproduction is difficult to read.

The 19 page document ends on a nicely sinister conspiracy note with a reference to a magazine article that suggests ‘…these mutilations of cattle are only a forerunner for later mutilations of human beings.’

join