It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans' beef with livestock: a warmer planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Humans' beef with livestock: a warmer planet

Source Link: www.csmonitor.com

As Congress begins to tackle the causes and cures of global warming, the action focuses on gas-guzzling vehicles and coal-fired power plants, not on lowly bovines.

Yet livestock are a major emitter of greenhouse gases that cause climate change. And as meat becomes a growing mainstay of human diet around the world, changing what we eat may prove as hard as changing what we drive
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So now the lunatic brigade is going to blame global warming on everybody who is not a vegetarian. I am really sick of these GD people!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I knew it was only a matter of time before the Gore brigade joined with PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) to turn on the beef and dairy industries here in the U.S. I said "in the U.S." purposely because we all know that no one would be telling the chinese that they can't raise water buffalo, or that the Masai in Africa can't raise their cattle. It would only be aimed at the U.S., just as the Kyoto agreements unfairly were.

If allowed to win this one, how long before you start to see "bread is murder" from a group called PETP (People Eating Tasty Plants)?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

If allowed to win this one, how long before you start to see "bread is murder" from a group called PETP (People Eating Tasty Plants)?

They are already out there brother. Haven't you heard of the left wing lunatics that are against agriculture? They contend that that planting fields produces massive amounts of greenhouse gases and, therefore, contributes to global warming. If we are not supposed to farm (raise livestock and plant fields) what the hell are people supposed to eat?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Exactly.

None of these people ever address the millions or even billions of people that would starve to death if their plans were ever fully implemented. I guess they consider all those deaths "collateral damage" and OK as long as it's for the good of the earth. I guess they also think it would never be them or their families that would be doing the starving.

top topics

join