It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane shot down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A P-38 lightning was shot down over Massachusetts the pilot ejected but the radar operator disapeared with the airplane after a major search for the plane and the radar operator nothing came up. The pilot later explained that the plane wasnt SHOT down it was apperantly hit by EMP blast that knocked out the planes controls. The unlucky radar operator was never found, and the only part of the airplane that was found was the canopy that blew of when the pilot ejected, im really confused about this story could someone give some feedback?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Falken]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Do you have any links to this story?

This is an interesting story.

When did this happen, do you have any names for the pilot and radar operator?

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Pretty strange story, since a P-38 Lightening is a WWll vintage airplane.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I found this incident and it sounds close to yours check it out here:

QUESTIONS ON A 1953 CAPE COD MYSTERY
At about 600 feet, he went out of the aircraft and was about two to three seconds from impact. He ejected from the aircraft. His chute opened and acted like an air brake... it slowed him down, and in one swing he was on the ground. To make a long story short, the aircraft itself… somewhere between the time when he separated from the aircraft and the next two or three seconds….that aircraft literally vanished! It has never been found to this day."

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well I guess you got me there. Your post didn't say when it occurred. I doubt a 1940s built aircraft had an ejection seat, however. Interesting story.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
Well I guess you got me there. Your post didn't say when it occurred. I doubt a 1940s built aircraft had an ejection seat, however. Interesting story.

They didnt have rocket ejection seats but they did have parachutes and they were trained to "bail out" in an emergency.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry, either i didn't pay attention to the story or i forgot the pilots name but the story also mentions Foo Fighters the nickname the airforce pilots gave to the glowing orbs they saw.

P.S and the pilot did bail out he didn't eject sorry for the messup.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Plus, p-38's only had a pilot...no "radar operator".

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wow you're right guess someone overlooked that ill go back and check thnx

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Kinross Incident?
Different plane. Only case I can recall with a P-38 was the 1947 Montana case (later denounced)...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm going to search for more info on this story if i can find my original source i'll get back.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The P-38's that were designed for night-fighting operations had an extra added on canopy for a radar operator. These were the P-38M's or 'Night Lightnings'.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Reading the external source above, maybe it was the F94C fighter in a 1953 incident in Massachusetts?

[edit on 21-2-2007 by TheAvenger]

[edit on 21-2-2007 by TheAvenger]

top topics

join