It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone thinking of moving out of the U.S

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I see.

What would be a good country to move to? I know I could get into Israel pretty easily, but I don't want to move there. Too violent. I don't want to move anywhere in the ME.

My daughter is bi-racial, so I have that to consider as well. I know some countries are pretty bad about that type of stuff and I don't want her to have more trouble than she would where we are already. I definately wouldn't move anywhere in Africa. I cannot leave her behind though, so I would have to find somewhere I could move the both of us at the same time.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
I am not from the usa but one thing is for sure,

I would not move to the usa.

Where would you move?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hmmmm im a U.S. citizen and i have considered moving to another country. Maybe Japan? Greenland? I dunno im still thinking about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Jessica,

Are you looking for suggestions on where to move?

Well it depends what do you like in a place?

For me it's about a place where nature and peace over rules technology and violence.

A few examples would be: Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Hawaii, Indonesia etc...

Of course there might be some places in those countries where some violence and pollution are present but it's not as bad as some other places.

When looking for a place to move, look at what you prefer in a place and see if it fits your preferences.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Jessica,

Are you looking for suggestions on where to move?

Well it depends what do you like in a place?

For me it's about a place where nature and peace over rules technology and violence.

A few examples would be: Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Hawaii, Indonesia etc...

Of course there might be some places in those countries where some violence and pollution are present but it's not as bad as some other places.

When looking for a place to move, look at what you prefer in a place and see if it fits your preferences.

I am looking for a place where I can bring my daughter with me, find a job, have a roof over my head, and where there isn't a group of people wanting to attack me because I am a woman (like they would in the ME). I am low income right now, so it would have to have low cost of living. I do not know if I could use my degrees anywhere, but I have a degree in office systems technology and criminal justice. I like rain. I love the sound of thunderstorms and rainstorms. I have health problems that I control through diet. Italian foods are out.

Yes, I am looking for suggestions. I have been reading books about various countries, and the biggest hurdle is getting a country to accept me.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
I am low income right now, so it would have to have low cost of living.

I like rain. I love the sound of thunderstorms and rainstorms.

Australia has a lot of rain and is a place where all races are accepted equally.

Rio De Janeiro in Brazil is a beautiful place and a tropical paradise. It rains a lot there but they say it gets pretty violent in the poorer regions.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by selfless]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
I have been wanting to leave the country for over a while now. I had considered Ireland; however, Ireland would require me to abandon my daughter for 2 years while I work in their country. I am a single parent, and my kid stays with me.

I have been hearing quite a few people who are wanting to leave the U.S.

What's a good country to move to?

I want to move away from America, and my top choice is Ireland.. into the country side and away from big population centers. I to like my country, but I hate every last aspect about American culture.. just hate it.. it litterally boils in my blood the hate I feel towards our culture, our way of life... freedoms and prosperity are great, but that won't make you happy. Maybe the saying 'your home is where your heart is' might have some weight to it afterall..

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Costa Rica is supposed to be pleasant and not too biased about race etc.
They have a beautiful country full of pleasant people.
They need liason between the north and themselves and the cost of living could still be low.
There are more than one reasonably peacefull small countries in this central american area...Honduras may have promise for immigration....
I see there is a need for those who understand the way that systems work and able to translate that expertise into their buisness management and planning.I see globalism as offering opportunity to those willing and able to live and work with other cultures.
The trend towards regional super states will continue to require those who are able to bridge gaps in cultures....
A single parent and a woman may be at some loss in some cultures and it wouldnt be too groovy ending up in a beautifull place but unable to make a decent living.
No sense going to a place where you would be a pariah......
Islands are ok if they are big and solid enough but i am not comfortagble living on smaller ones,Thats where malta size places may be ok.but in a volcanic zone no thanks..................

top topics

<< 1   >>

join