It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Ritter hits hard on Iran- (radio audio-explosive interview)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
LISTEN and Learn...and fwd it:

server7.whiterosesociety.org...(19-2-2007).mp3

Skip to: 1 hr and 35 minutes for the Ritter interview on the radio program

Scott Ritter is probably the premier maverick when it comes to sounding the horn on Iraq and Iran and in general the Middle East in the 21st century. He warned even in early 2001 the effects of attacking Iraq would have in that region testifying to congress. Not only that, he has authored enough books and done lectures all over the country to spread the word on this administrations plan of attack, and why they will miserably fail using a military presence.

He never went away with his knowledge and expertise of the region. He never backed down from the fear and intimidation of speaking out about the lies and distortion.

Listen to him fire on all cylinders in this explosive interview on all the points about why Iran is a pandora's box you don't want to touch. Ritter is an american patriot.

He pretty much just hammers the hell out of all the generic talking points that the Right Wing & Neo Conservatives parrots to no end.
Scott eloquently lists point by point what is being said and what is the truth about Iran including the I.E.D.s,,Revolutionary guard,saudi arabia

This won't be on Fox news/Cnn/msnbc/abc/nbc/cbs
but it should be.

Quotables

"As a society we need to stop cheering when we go to war it should be a day of mourning. A day of mourning because we are having a entire generation changed. I saw America thumping it's chest sticking it out saying 'We are the biggest boys on the block. We kicked Baghdad's ass in 3 weeks. Hoo rah support the troops' You know what? Every single one of those idiots waving that flag on the corner they say they support the troops. They don't support the troops. You know what? Supporting the troops is going to Walter Reed to hold the hand of these people or going to the funeral but they don't. They just sit back and wallow in their ignorance and continue to stick their chest out as if war is some sporting event. That's what disturbs me most of all. Because I can forgive ignorance. I can't forgive people using war as a tool of self gratification. That's what it's become for most americans. We don't go to war we send others to war and we sit back and revel in their assumed glory. There's nothing glorious about getting your leg blown off"

Now that is a real Marine talking. He said from the very beginning that Iraq didn't have any WMD's and was condemned for it.

Ritter column on Iran in The Nation:

www.thenation.com...

What a example of a patriot in this country.

Here's his history and why Right Wingers are terrified of him:

"Military background

Ritter was born into a military family in 1961. He graduated from Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, with a Bachelor of Arts in the history of the Soviet Union and departmental honors. He was first in the U.S. Army serving as a Private in 1980. He was commissioned as an intelligence officer in the United States Marine Corps in May 1984. He served in this capacity for twelve years. He initially served as the lead analyst for the Marine Corps Rapid Deployment Force concerning the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the Iran-Iraq War. During Desert Storm, he served as a ballistic missile advisor to General Norman Schwarzkopf. Ritter later worked as a security and military consultant for the Fox News network.

Weapons inspector

Ritter served from 1991 to 1998 as a United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq in the United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM), which was charged with finding and destroying all weapons of mass destruction and WMD-related manufacturing capabilities in Iraq. He was chief inspector in fourteen of the more than thirty inspection missions in which he participated.

In January of 1998, his inspection team into Iraq was blocked from some weapons sites by Iraqi officials, who believed that information obtained from these sites would be used for future planning of attacks. UN Inspectors were then ordered out of Iraq by the United States Government, shortly before Operation Desert Fox attacks began in December 1998, using information which had been gathered for the purpose of disarmament to identify targets which would reduce Iraq's ability to wage both conventional and possibly unconventional warfare. This action undermined the position of the UN Weapons Inspectors, who were thereafter denied access to Iraq. Shortly thereafter, he spoke on the Public Broadcasting Service show, The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer."

[edit on 20-2-2007 by MRGERBIK]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Silence is golden. This guy knows his ish.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
who was cheering when we went to war? I dont remember cheers and celebrations.

I cheer everytime an insurgant ambush goes awry and an american soldier has another day on earth because of that. I cheer when an American isnt killed in action.

So, lets break this down. What is "supporting our troops?" If it isn't supporting them in everyway we can, having charity drives, helping soldiers get letters back and forth to their families, etc. what is "supporting our troops?"

Is it saying we support our troops as we march out into the streets protesting, blocking soldiers coming to and fro reminiscient of the vietnam era, is attacking them when they return home? spitting on them? slandering them and saying they kill innocent people? undermining in every possible way the mission which endangers their lives?

I dont think I agree with the the anti-war left wing version of "supporting our troops."

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
who was cheering when we went to war? I dont remember cheers and celebrations.

I cheer everytime an insurgant ambush goes awry and an american soldier has another day on earth because of that. I cheer when an American isnt killed in action.

So, lets break this down. What is "supporting our troops?" If it isn't supporting them in everyway we can, having charity drives, helping soldiers get letters back and forth to their families, etc. what is "supporting our troops?"

Is it saying we support our troops as we march out into the streets protesting, blocking soldiers coming to and fro reminiscient of the vietnam era, is attacking them when they return home? spitting on them? slandering them and saying they kill innocent people? undermining in every possible way the mission which endangers their lives?

I dont think I agree with the the anti-war left wing version of "supporting our troops."

Support the troops is a cliche, why can't you see that? Where is the support? This freaking president cut the funds for soldiers in a time of war. And you are worried about some scant protesters who don't share the similar view you do? Come on, X Philes. I know you are better than that.
He Cut all the funds and benefits. That's how much this administration loves the troops.

The spitting on the troops was a myth created by people like Spiro Agnew to silence War Dissenters. Where's the damn pictures of that? Not 1 and there's a reason. They even got the airport wrong where soldiers come from during the Vietnam era. As far as that veteran on fox reporting being spit and jeered on, you can't control protesters. I can find thousands of examples of Right Wingers being insulting and demeaning to other people in public. This is sweeping generalization.

You are repeating a lie from Right Wing Smear machine. Don't you understand alot of the military is against this conflict? This isn't left wing, this is American to stand for what you believe in a crucial time that is going to cause lots of lives and destruction and waste to take place on the hearts and minds of our "Soldiers". That's not support that's abusing the troops.

You need to wake up that most of this world doesn't want another quagmire in Iran or wherever America wants to trounce to. I got news for you. Your political line is going to be toast for half century or more if this President pushes into it. You want to do that? You want to collapse everything you stand for and believe in just like that?

Scott Ritter is saying that and he is a conservative MARINE republican with over 2 decades of service who sees that this war and future conflicts will destroy our country. Name one empire in History that has withstood perpetual war?

Im sorry but Ritter is the quinessential definiton of patriotism. You are just giving me Jingoist talking points why we have to continue with this war. Army times poll even said over 60 percent of the soldiers were not believing in this mission. It's too much destruction,X philes.

Support the Troops" is a bumpersticker that doesn't mean anything to this administration other than to have a footing on controlling the political frame and dialogue. That's what "Support the troops" really means
To backhand them while saying it. I am sorry you can't see that but it's evident through every action that is currently happening.

So many Veterans already oppose this war, watch what happens when we attack Iran. (if we do)

If we bomb Iran, it's going to cause you & me harm right away,hombre.

We have to pick our battles and this is one that we don't want at all.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, MRGERBIK.
God bless and I salute this conservative MARINE Republican! He talks with such passion. I am looking forward to his upcoming book

Waging Peace: The Art of War for the Antiwar Movement

As I said in another thread, the real cowards in this war were those who knew the facts but did not speak up to the White House during its war of words and those cowards who denied the facts and sent others to shed their blood.

Mr Ritter is a true patriot, no summer soldier or sunshine patriot.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Thank you for this thread, MRGERBIK.
God bless and I salute this conservative MARINE Republican! He talks with such passion. I am looking forward to his upcoming book

Waging Peace: The Art of War for the Antiwar Movement

As I said in another thread, the real cowards in this war were those who knew the facts but did not speak up to the White House during its war of words and those cowards who denied the facts and sent others to shed their blood.

Mr Ritter is a true patriot, no summer soldier or sunshine patriot.

Scott Ritter was the ONLY one who stood up to congress and testified saying the claims were all lies and distortions. Now he's saying why Iran
is such a bad move.

This man knows more on Iran and the Middle East than all of the administration combined. And are we listening?

Here's another insightful interview:

dissentradio.com...

Youtube Videos that show you he has been speaking anywhere he can:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Without even listening to this show (Everyone is asleep here) as you mentioned the cutbacks it gives me the willies everytime I hear these hypocrites in government wail on about how if you aren't with us, you are with them, and meanwhile these very same people sent these men and women to Iraq with insufficient Kevlar protection, Humvees that were also insufficiently armored and these men and women making a pittance compred to the contractors were buying their own vests and going to junkyards and welding on their own makeshift armor plating.

Then to top it off Bush has the gaul to cut back on veterans benefits! How the Sec Of Defense Rumsfeld sat there in front of a platoon of soldiers supposedly concerned fielding questions from them could actually act like he was not aware of Kevlar and Humvee plating being in high demand was just the icing on the cake. If anyone aided & abetted the enemy or didn't show support for the troops it was these very same cowards that sent them there. Not the people that want them to come home safe & sound to return to their families.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Without even listening to this show (Everyone is asleep here) as you mentioned the cutbacks it gives me the willies everytime I hear these hypocrites in government wail on about how if you aren't with us, you are with them, and meanwhile these very same people sent these men and women to Iraq with insufficient Kevlar protection, Humvees that were also insufficiently armored and these men and women making a pittance compred to the contractors were buying their own vests and going to junkyards and welding on their own makeshift armor plating.

Then to top it off Bush has the gaul to cut back on veterans benefits! How the Sec Of Defense Rumsfeld sat there in front of a platoon of soldiers supposedly concerned fielding questions from them could actually act like he was not aware of Kevlar and Humvee plating being in high demand was just the icing on the cake. If anyone aided & abetted the enemy or didn't show support for the troops it was these very same cowards that sent them there. Not the people that want them to come home safe & sound to return to their families.

basically what I think. supporting the troops is making sure they have everything they need to do the job you sent them in to do. not having a war on the cheap so you can give your friends and buddies big tax breaks and super no-bid contracts.....and has anyone seen the latest news about the embarrasing conditions at walter reid?

they aren't supporting the troops, they are supporting the coorporate war machine. turning american blood into money for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

they aren't supporting the troops, they are supporting the coorporate war machine. turning american blood into money for it.

They pay those Blackwater security mercenaries thousands a week and these poor men and women reservists are leaving their jobs, homes and families and ending up in deep debt. Like the depression of the 20's this was another massive transfer of wealth from the lower/middle class to the upper echelons. Our children and their children will be paying tithes to these people in the future.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

I hear you loud and clear. When I always talk t0 someone who wants to tow this line, I say one simple thing to them. What do you want to do now?
Then I remind them we have a nation of over 300 million people who provide you to make the right economic/security issues and balance them all at once. These people do not have the capability to understand the consequences of authorizing a strike on Iran. For some reason their brain isn't capable of playing that particular scenario.

And who do we listen to? We listen to Michael Ledeen and Kristol. These two nutcases who think people will applaud you and greet you with flowers and kisses if you "BOMB" them. Yet Kristal is heralded by the Corporate Media but Scott Ritter isn't or Greg palast? Jesus, this is so transparent.
It makes me wonder what is really going on.

The Left is the obvious better choice. This choice is insane for every citizen on the planet who is not in the defense or oil industry. The right isn't for you. It's for the delusional 1 percent of America. That's who these policies benefit.

Pieman, you know what's interesting? Not one of these "Damn" conservatives are concerned about the Pentagon's Black Budget nor the conflict in the middle east price tag of over a trillion dollars. Yet these people whine about welfare. You wanna know what's more wasteful than welfare? How about Warfare? Warfare isn't just a blank check it's key to the federal reserve banks and every cent we have. Yet no one I have heard even sees that.

They just see the guy in the Turban in the cave. Which is funny, because they don't even wear turbans. That's a Sikh. And as far as Osama in a cave as a primitive man, he had more schooling than 90 percent of these Republicans/Conservatives did.

It's almost like conservatives want a vigilante society in the U.S. Because that's what's going to happen when the economy hits the wall. I could care less about Iran as a threat. Because I realize the more time and energy we spend on them the more explosive it gets. ANd what the hell do these line towr's think is going to happen? Iran isnt going to rise with you. When you bomb them that's a pool of 70 million people who will turn against you
And you endanger every single damn soldier. You think the United States has a plan for that one?

My god.. .this is the grand vision of America? This is what almost half of America wants to do?This is the path? There is no other choice but to defund everything. These pseudo americans are pushing the rest of the U.S. to the brink. The left hasn't really fought. Actually what the right is going to do is turn the Left into radicals beyond their wildest nightmares all over the world.

How long before you get the Weathermen times 1000?

Anyone can make a RPG, who has the balls. Anyone can make I.E.D's
Do you really want to see people make the police have truly sleepless nights? Sink this country and that'swhat will happen. The *real* republicans will lose everything that they hoped for. You won't have "Moral "Values" and you won't have "Accountability" or "Less Government" You will have den of infidels that make Mad Max and Children of Men and 300 look like a bar brawl in Long Island.

The question for the Republicans/Conservatives/Libertarians etc is, Do you want to open that door? I am content with my pizza and my beverages and my computer. The question is, why aren't you?

I know it seems exciting but "Alex Jones" will become Reuters if it does.
Every little thing will be connected to endangering your life minute by minute, hour by hour,day by day, month by month and year by year.
Do you want this for your family and children?

You are a liar if you say you do.

Not to get off subject, but have you seen what Trent Reznor is doing with his new album? He's on the Pentagon/Homeland Security's watchlist with this one. (haha)

It's a multimedia music concept project called "year Zero" which is like a viral puzzle across the web and into real life.

AND he includes current situations as of this minute with Iran, Bio Terrorism,Authoritarianism,Fascism,N.W.O.,Mind Altering Drugs,
Secret Societies,Renegades,Terrorists,Media Manipulation,
Wiretapping.

It's crazy. I think Above top secret needs to do a feature on this album. Just because it's so encompassing of characters and situations with their perspectives that parallel US.

top topics

join