It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny Baby to Leave Florida Hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

Amillia Sonja Taylor was just 9 1/2 inches long and weighed less than 10 ounces when she was born Oct. 24. She was delivered 21 weeks and six days after conception. Full-term births come after 37 to 40 weeks.

Amillia has experienced respiratory problems, a very mild brain hemorrhage and some digestive problems, but none of the health concerns are expected to pose long-term problems, her doctors said.

And yet there are those who actually think it is okay to abort a 22 week fetus saying it is not a human being.

I think this shows differently.

CX

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Being a guy i don't always feel it's my place to say whether or not a mother decides to abort her baby, but lets not forget that it's actualy rare that babies would be aborted at this age unless there is a significant risk to the mother or baby. In this case i'd say it's a fair one.

CX.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In the 'states' abortions can be performed up until the 3rd tri-mester and there doesn't need to be any health issues to the mother for this to happen.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Being a guy i don't always feel it's my place to say whether or not a mother decides to abort her baby, but lets not forget that it's actualy rare that babies would be aborted at this age unless there is a significant risk to the mother or baby. In this case i'd say it's a fair one.

CX.

Respectfully.... As a human you should feel its your place to say whether or not you think its acceptable for one human to terminate the life of another.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Interesting, ferretman2, that you turned this story into an abortion debate...

But the parents of this tiny baby obviously wanted her. That's the difference.

CX, I agree with you. It's not your place, unless maybe you're involved or your opinion is desired by the woman. I also don't feel it's my place to say whether or not a woman should decide to abort her baby or to have it.

Only if I'm the woman.

And I resent anyone telling me how I should feel. That's something I can decide for myself, thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic -

I guess the main point I was attempting to make was in regards to abortion. There are many, here and abroad, who feel a fetus is not 'human' and therefore can be killed because the 'parents' are irresponsible (in most cases).

I just wanted to point out that at 22 weeks a human can be born.

Some choose to 'abort' babies well after this time. I feel alot of people would not view a 22 week old 'fetus' as being capable of surviving.....such in not the case.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
In the 'states' abortions can be performed up until the 3rd tri-mester and there doesn't need to be any health issues to the mother for this to happen.

No, abortions can be legally performed up until birth for any reason.

There have been cases where the baby is born during the abortion procedure and either the abortionist finishes the job, or the nurses save the baby. The baby is then forced to live disfigured and disabled.

There was the case of Gianna Jessen where she was born despite the salt poisoning/saline abortion at 7 1/2 months gestation and has to live now with cerebral palsy because of the damage the abortion did to her brain and nervous system.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
I guess the main point I was attempting to make was in regards to abortion.

Oh. I guess if abortion were the intended subject, I would have put the thread in Social Issues or the Medical forum instead of Current Events.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Is very nice to see that science has gone to the extreme to keep the young baby alive after all the baby was born.

But the long term results of being outside the womb at an early time is still debatable and will be something to monitor very closely.

Babies born this early will have a long term health problems that can arise through the years as they grow.

No doctor can predict the future of the littler baby yet.

top topics

join