It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SecondLife and DEgos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
SecondLife is a form of entertainment. It's geared towards those who want to improve the way they feel about themselves. This game allows you to create an entirely different personality than the one you have in the real world.

For example: A fat chubby kid at home will make a muscular, successful looking individual in SecondLife. He will come home from work/school and play all his time away because he has many "friends" on SecondLife who understand him. He can be macho and say "I'm for real, this is how I really am!" Some will believe him, other's wont. If you have ever noticed, most SecondLifers are modelesque.

My opinion: If your life doesn't suck, and you are for real, you'll be the same way in the real world and you won't have to pretend. Take your $9.00 a month subscription, invest that in some textbooks, learn about something you want to do for an occupation, go to school for it, earn money, and become successful in REAL LIFE. Then when you have the time, make a SecondLife account.

Realistic? Yes. I am a 21 year old college student working full-time as a Systems Analyst and Database Programmer; I am paying my own way through college. I have my own car which I bought with my own money. I am not saying it was easy, but I don't want to hear about people who say SecondLife is addicting and how it's a conspiracy and a ploy. It appeals more to the unsuccessful than to the successful who can achieve it all in the real world.
I grew up poor with absolutely no opportunities, but I worked my tail off and achieved a new class than my parents and that's what I intend to keep doing.

SecondLife is just an attempt for people to get away and recreate themselves and becom DBullies so they feel better. It is like playing on any MMOG. Someone has to be the "BIGGER" guy. It is ridiculous to have encounter rude people and then have them complain about how their life sucks. I'm just venting on some things, no one take it personal. Not all people who play SecondLife are unsuccessful, it just appeals more to those who are unsuccessful

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
To true my friend

All over the internet little teens are trying there hardest to look cool , Hell i even did it at one point but i grew out of it, I feel sorry for the people who didnt
Nearly every fourm /Chat network in the world is full of idoits saying how sad there life is cause there parents just "dont get them" even tho there playing on a 2 grand computer:dwn:

Oddly enough ATS is the only place i dont see it happen

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You know, you're right. The only thing you catch here on ATS as far as a DEgo is these "Know it all" people that come in and try and trash what you say...anyhow, I was just cruising around webpages and that's what I have come across. I encounter it on XBox Live everytime I am on there and sometimes it's even grown adults! It also is the same for "Road Ragers".

How random is this==>

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
but I don't want to hear about people who say SecondLife is addicting

OH MY GOD! I just said it was addicting! Get over it!

new topics

top topics

join