It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saucers - why do they fly the way they fly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this lately. If flying saucers can pull ungodly G-forces, unlikely have "windows" as we think of them and do not fly by using air for lift, why are they always flying "right side up"?

They are always seen bottom-towards-earth and top-towards-sky. Why not fly at a 90 degree angle instead, or up-side down? Obviously their bodies are not being affected by earth's gravity (or inertia for that matter) as they must have some sort of artificial gravity going on in their ships so why do they fly in that configuration all the time?

Maybe a good answer would be "why not", I dunno.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Nothing conclusive can be said about this subject really. If you've seen one that flies like that, that's nice, but we can't even start this argument because we don't know anything... at all!

But sure, I'll humor you. If indeed it is some kinda gravity whatever, they'll most likely 'lean' in the direction they wanna go, using earths gravity to 'fall' towards the way the want to go.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
How do we know they're not flying upside down? Wouldn't you have to have been in one to know how it's oriented, or even if the occupants of the craft were oriented the same way the craft was?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
How do we know they're not flying upside down? Wouldn't you have to have been in one to know how it's oriented, or even if the occupants of the craft were oriented the same way the craft was?

that was a truly good answer, imo.

With no true indication of which side is really "up", we don't know.

Most of what you see in sci-fi, or in the hoax ufo photo's have undoubtedly conditioned everyone to believed that they fly with the top facing up, in relation to our perspective.

That's my uneducated 1 and a half cents worth.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What if they arent flying at all?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by LogicalThinker]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Whether they are all flying upside-down, or right-side up....the question is still valid. Maybe re-phrased...

Why do the huge majority of them fly in roughly the same orientation if they are oblivious to gravity and its effects?

Maybe its a 'gyroscopic' effect? Forcing the craft into that type of orientation?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
ive always wondered how they withstand the massive g forces of 90 degree turns at high speed.....

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Athough this is baseless, i belive these beings arent from another planet, but another dimension. That would exlain there movements that seem to go against our laws of physics. Mabye hey found away to cross over into other dimensions, but still keep the physics of thier dimension.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
From what I've read they fly by means of manipulating the space around them. They fly at an angle with the bottom at roughly 30* to the earths plane in a pocket of sorts whereby the space ahead is cleared around and creates thrust as it wraps around the back end (whatever is front and back is relative to direction).

This is not my opinion, just a consensus of data I have read. Personally if I were to guess I would have no idea as I've never seen one.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloS13

I'm sure there is a reason, but because saucers don't "officially" exist, to start asking specific questions is futile.
Bob Lazar
Bob Lazar offers some answers, but whether or not you want to believe him is up to you.
There are many reasons to doubt him, and just as many reasons to believe him. However, I think the reason more people doubt him is due to his being very specific. And when someone is very specific concerning ETs and UFOs, and those specifics do not jive with your preconcieved notions, you're more likely to unreasonably disbelieve.
Before you make a judgement I would recommend researching Lazar a little bit.

Also research Joe Vaninetti. Here is a little bit about him.
Vaninetti
Scroll down to Lazar_21.doc, and I'm pretty sure that's it.

Anyway, the bottom line is that these UFOs have some sort of gravity engines beneath the craft. In the absence of a gravity well the craft travel with the underside leading, but in the presense of a gravity well the underside must face the source of gravity.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
From what I have gathered they basically create there own gravitational field They than create a second gravitational field and project it at an angle into the first field, that disrupts the initial field of gravity which creates kind of a never ending hill of momentum. If you can imagine a hill with a ball rolling down it. Well the UFO is the ball, the initial gravitational field is the earth’ gravity that causes the ball to roll down the hill and the second gravitational filed disrupting the first becomes a never ending hill that can be pointed in any direction. How they create the field of gravity well only a few people know that. This is how I heard it explained so don’t quote me.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
For an explaination above what most can understand, read "Unconventional Flying Objects- By Dr. Paul Hill" .LINK HERE He was a Chief Engineer at NASA. Because of his association with NASA he wasn't allowed to print the book. It's basically his notes on what he thought the science was behind the physics of UFOs. His daughter published the book after his death. Give it a read, it gets pretty technical in its description of the fields generated and the science behind the UFOs.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My only input on this is that for a bunch of the video that shows disk/disc objects "banking" - that seems counter to how some experts have described how they work. Banking while flying is only needed if using air as the means of flight. I imagine a more realistic UFO video will not show any kind of banking but rather just flat flight with more immediate turns.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe there's no gravity affecting the occupants but the actual craft still needs to overcome air resistance? Imagine a saucer flying with the flat edge against the wind. It wouldn't go anywhere very fast!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I've been thinking about this lately. If flying saucers can pull ungodly G-forces, unlikely have "windows" as we think of them and do not fly by using air for lift, why are they always flying "right side up"?

They are always seen bottom-towards-earth and top-towards-sky. Why not fly at a 90 degree angle instead, or up-side down?

Well, because the ET's don't want to spill their beers and salsa dip all over themselves!!

You think that just because they're from other galaxies they don't enjoy a nice cold one with chips and dips?? Having fun and eating good is a very universal trait!!

That's very earth-centric of you....shame on you.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I can answer but it take time. read other my posts and maby you' gen answer.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
First off, I remember seeing an interview with Bob Lazar that said that the craft fly the way they do within our atmosphere becasue they supposedly have 2-3 gravity amplifiers on their underside which are pulsed rotationally (delta config). These function as amplifiers by focusing the earths magnetic field back against itself to keep the craft aloft. The amplifiers are shifted at angles to get the craft to move in a certain direction.

Secondly, on a recent Discovery Channel broadcast about deciphering alien technologies, scientists hypothesized that from these anti-gravity generators/amplifiers, all g-forces were cancelled out somehow, leaving the occupants of a craft unhanrmed by outside forces. This in turn is what allows the craft to move at such high velocities and pull of seemingly impossible maneuvers.

Lastly, going back to something that Bob Lazar had mentioned in previous interviews, extraterrestrial craft only travel top side up/bottom side down within our atmosphere, and that when moving into interstellar travel, the craft tilts vertical and then propells itself through time and/or space in this configuartion (omicron config)

Mind you this is just info that I have recalled from memory, but for the most part, I think this is the deal. I could be wrong, but this is my two cents

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
For whats its worth, i wondered on the disc shape thing with ufo's and looked into a more simpler approach, the greeks discus, and the best skimming stones are the flat round ones. thats about as far as i got?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I saw a documentary with Lazar where he describes the gravity A and B and why they "fly" in a funny maner...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

They are always seen bottom-towards-earth and top-towards-sky. Why not fly at a 90 degree angle instead, or up-side down? Obviously their bodies are not being affected by earth's gravity (or inertia for that matter) as they must have some sort of artificial gravity going on in their ships so why do they fly in that configuration all the time?

I think your premise might be wrong. There are plenty of UFO photos and descriptions of UFOs where they fly tipped up on one end, or flip and flop over, or, commonly, spin in odd trajectories like a "falling leaf." Actually, a lot UFO photos show them tipped at some odd angle, which would make it tough for a little alien to stand up while it's flying around.

In a strong gravity field, though, they might switch off their artificial gravity and just fly upright for the heck of it, or maybe to conserve energy for flight. Why fly upside-down if you don't have to?

Perhaps a possible reason why they fly the way they do is because they're responding to and dealing with forces in dimensions we can't see. If they're observing Earth, or trying to blend in with other stuff in the sky, they might try to mimic our aircraft. Otherwise, they could be pushed and shoved by all kinds of invisible magnetic- or gravity-like forces that act on different dimensional vectors than we're used to seeing. Who knows what kind of crazy "left hand rule" might apply to forces along an "X Vector?"

One thing they generally don't seem to do is vanish into solid objects, like the ground. They don't see to pass through airplanes or people, like ghosts. Which would suggest that they exist at least in some way in a dimension that physically interacts with ours. They also apparently reflect photons enough so that we can see and take pictures of them, which also helps demonstrate that they are to some extent "real."

Exactly how "real" they are is still a matter for debate. But they do seem to be affected by real forces we recognize, even if we don't comprehend them, like gravity. So they fly accordingly.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by SuicideVirus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join