It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P. ATSNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I came to know you when you were a fair grown maiden. From your history as I slowly pieced it together I understand you had been through some rough times in the past, starting out with the best of intentions in a proper and very virtuous style. But some misused you, as I understand it. I also understand your patrones did everything to protect you and eventually guided you on the right path again, and I can tell from what I saw when I met you, somehow they succeeded.

You didn't make much fuss of yourself though, you were just there every time we needed you with something on our hearts to tell. It wasn't excactly confessions but things we thought might benefit others to hear and some maybe even would gain some enlightment from. Yes, you did get around with our stories, but not as much as we thought, I now understand.

To the day I die I'll say you never did anything wrong where ever you went. But it was foreshadowed -- and somehow to be understood by your patrones -- that you could be on a downward path. The law said so, and whether you were or not is not the issue, that just how they saw it.

To the clean everything is clean, and we know the law has always been kind of murky.

But law is law whether you like it or not. And for reasons of interests it didn't like you to go around and tell what we betrothed to you. Never more shall we refine a story, enhance the spin so it would become obvious to morons, crackheads and saints alike. Never more will we endeavour to grasp in the different angels of light what kind of subjects we really had at hand. Now it'll all be breaking news, an open pit where anybody can pour whatever they want.

That's what I liked you for ATSNN, you wasn't just for anybody. You were special, something the black hole of breaking news never can be.

You are sure to be missed by some of us.

Rest in peace!
R.I.P. ATSNN 200? - 2007

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This has to be a first...

A eulogy to an auxillary function of a discussion board.

RIP, ATSNN.

I did not know you well, but I have heard many stories through the virtual grapevine about you.

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Mechanic 32]

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
When my number is next to be called, you mind if I look your way to write up a "kick ass" eulogy for ol' chissler?

Damn, that was good.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That is a good one khunmoon.

Allow me to add, ATSNN, things that you have done for me are valuable.
I owe to you what I know and what I have now. For some time, you have been my silent companion. Rest in peace ATSNN, you will be surely missed.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
ATSNN started from rough, humble beginnings and evolved into a news source for the board with high standards for submission. The decline was slow and agonizing, but the demise was inevitable. I miss it, too, but it had become like an old, demented relative, there in its physical presence only, the persona long gone.

[edit on 2007/2/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The decline was slow and agonizing, but the demise was inevitable. I miss it, too, but it had become like an old, demented relative, there in its physical presence only, the persona long gone.

Only known it for about six months I never saw it like that. In my first submissions I took the guidelines very serious in my efforts to meet the standard as I saw it required. Later when I saw what others got away with I admit I relaxed my quality criteria too.

We do need some forum for quality writing on contemporary issues now. I know there's the writers forum, but it's for fiction. In my opinion we need one for reporting, alternative "new" journalism or whatever you'll call it. I shall put a suggestion forward some of these days.

Well, Chissler, you shouldn't wish for that. You are a young man, my number will be called long before yours.

And Mechanic, that's what your "hacked" avatar looks like. Reminds me of my old Commodore 64, it could generate random characters like that with a few lines of program.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by khunmoon]

new topics

top topics

join