It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lead in your kids lunchbox and govt kept quiet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

In 2005, when government scientists tested 60 soft, vinyl lunch boxes, they found that one in five contained amounts of lead that medical experts consider unsafe — and several had more than 10 times hazardous levels.

But that's not what they told the public.

www.kristv.com...

The documents describe two types of tests done on 60 lunch bags in 2005: One involves analyzing how much lead is in a chunk of vinyl; the second test involves swiping the surface of a bag and then determining how much lead has rubbed off.

The results of the first type of test found that one in five contained amounts of lead medical experts consider unsafe. But the C-P-S-C didn't use those results. Instead, it focused exclusively the swipe test. A C-P-S-C spokeswoman says it was more realistic, more closely reflecting how one would interact with a lunch box.

Umm and sometimes scientists wonder about the source of Autism?

Any thoughts?

[edit on 2/20/2007 by a1ex]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's horrible that this has happened, but I have to ask where the autism link comes into this? Sources? I've never heard of lead exposure causing autism like symptoms...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not to downplay the potential health hazard or anything but when I was taking lunch to school my mother never just threw a sandwich and some goldfish crakers into the box. Each were wrapped either with foil or a baggy.

Sure the apple was thrown in but doesnt everyone wash it before they eat it?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
It's horrible that this has happened, but I have to ask where the autism link comes into this? Sources? I've never heard of lead exposure causing autism like symptoms...

I know there is no link or proven link of lead to Autism but Lead does affect
Nervous system.

What I tried to say was that there could be a growing amount of health problems on an area or random areas and oftem people will question what is causing it.

I also Heard that a research team in Canada found that the link to Autism was Genetics but I will find the source and post it. Dont want to sound like im making this stuff up. - My wife heard it on the news yesterday.

PS: My son has been diagnosed with the disease, another reason why I mentioned the disorder in my post.

It was not my intention toi mislead , my apologies.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
and Found some sources about links to Autimsm:

blog.cognitivelabs.com...

Scientists have unveiled results of the largest study of the genetics of autism, involving DNA from almost 1,200 affected families worldwide. Two key clues have already been isolated.

Discoveries in two areas of the genome -- a region on chromosome 11 suspected of having links to autism, and aberrations in a brain-development gene called neurexin 1 -- could spur more targeted research, the experts noted.

Also related Autism rate about 1 in 150, higher than previous estimates:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
But the apple would be washed prior to putting it into the lunch box so the lead contamination with that could be possible I guess. As far the other things yes they are wrapped so they would be safe right?

What about transfer through handling of the lunchbox, is that possible?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
But the apple would be washed prior to putting it into the lunch box so the lead contamination with that could be possible I guess. As far the other things yes they are wrapped so they would be safe right?

What about transfer through handling of the lunchbox, is that possible?

Kids grabs lunch box, opens lunch box, his fingers come into contact witht he lead in the lucnh box then eats his delicious sandwich or chiken dinner and licks his fingers.

top topics

join